The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-10-2020, 11:00 PM   #1
Rubeus

Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC since it's a 'great fit'

Click for full size

Quote:
Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC since it's a 'great fit'

Meridian is going to look stunning on PC this summer

Sony has confirmed that Guerrilla Games' open-world robo-dinosuar adventure Horizon Zero Dawn will release on PC in summer 2020. The news, which follows rumblings from back in January, was made official in a PlayStation Blog interview with Hermen Hulst, the head of Sony Worldwide Studios.

"I think it's important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they've been missing out on," Hulst said of Horizon's PC port. "And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. We don't have plans for day-and-date [PC releases]."

He didn't have much else to share about the PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn we'll learn more "pretty soon" directly from Guerrilla but the game will launch on Steam with The Frozen Wilds included.

On a more general, forward-looking note, Hulst said that Sony Worldwide Studios is "very committed to dedicated [PlayStation] hardware, as we were before. We're gonna continue to do that. And we're very committed to quality exclusives. And to strong narrative-driven, single-player games."

"At the same time, we're going to be very open to experimentation, to new ideas. Just trying things out to see what works. I think that's also very much part of the DNA of Worldwide Studios."

"In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit [for PC] in this particular instance," he added.

I can see Sony being overly cautious about letting PlayStation exclusives come to PC a stark contrast to Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass-centric release strategy but I can think of at least one more PS4 game that deserves to thrive on PC. If literally nothing else, let us have Bloodborne. Grant us eyes!

https://www.destructoid.com/horizon-...--582962.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 01:29 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Who cares! C&C remastered collection is where it's at! Horizon is old news. :p
Though i gotta say, the mouse and keyboard will help with the aiming.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

My favorite ps4 game bar none.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
fanboys are pissed about this, one guy destroyed his room over it. lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:43 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Honestly, they are dumb. I am pretty certain that they will be unveiling horizon 2 for ps5 this year.

Personally though, i don't care. I am super burned out of open world games and even for 15 euros i ended up not getting it. I may be wrong, but from all the gameplay videos it looks boring to me. Reminds me of far cry primal, wich was a game that bored me terribly.

I dunno. I need someone to convince me on why the game is worth my time and not another repetitive open world with gathering and crafting. Both actions i find terribly boring.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:40 AM   #6
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I won't try to sell you on a game you're not interested in but I will tell you what I loved about it. 1. The most beautiful environments I think I have ever seen in a game, 2. The combat is legitimately fun. For a while after I beat it I would still occasionally load it up to go on a big dinobot hunt just because it was so much fun to me despite the fact that there was nothing left for me to gain from it. 3. The story surprised me by being good. I heard that they had the concept of hunting robot dinosaurs first and had to come up with a story around it afterwards. With that in mind I think they did an amazing job.

For anyone who is interested I put an album up of screenshots I took while I was playing through the game.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WJysW

Last edited by BlindMaphisto; 03-13-2020 at 12:16 PM.
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #7
bujeezus

Nice gallery! This is 1 of the games that had me contemplating a PS4 purchase. I wasn't crazy about using a gamepad for that bow though. I'll definitely be picking this up on Steam.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:37 PM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

It looks pretty. That i knew.

Thanks for the info. I still doubt i will get it, but hey we'll see.