The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 04-01-2021, 05:03 PM   #1
Rubeus

Puppeteer and Demon’s Souls remake director Gavin Moore has left Sony Interactive

What's wrong with Sony Japan Studio, everyone's leaving and they don't plan to make games anymore?

Click for full size

Quote:
Gavin Moore leaves Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio

Puppeteer and Demon's Souls remake director.

Puppeteer and Demon’s Souls remake director Gavin Moore has left Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio, he announced.

“After 24 years at Sony and 18 of those in Japan, yesterday was my last day at Japan Studio,” Moore said in a tweet. “I will miss the great creative spirit and camaraderie of the studio that was a huge part of my life. Time to seek out new and exciting opportunities!”

In response to his tweet, PlayStation Indies boss and former Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida wished Moore the best. “Thanks for all your work and dedication over these years, Gavin,” Yoshida said. “Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure soon.”

Various other notable developers have already left Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio as part of a reorganization centered on Astro’s Playroom creative team, Team ASOBI, which occurred today. Notable departures include Shunsuke Saito, Kentaro Motomura, Masami Yamamoto, Masaaki Yamagiwa, Teruyuki Toriyama, Keiichiro Toyama, Kazunobu Sato, and Junya Okura, among others.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/gavi...t-japan-studio
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

They are restructuring to appeal more to western markets wich I find stupid because their japanese division created awesome games that sony never gave the marketing needed to make them comercially succesful.

Another proof that the suits are ever more festering the industry. The kind of people that has never played a videogame in their lives and it seems that inside sony got some of the worst at the moment.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:07 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Lets be honest though, the studios output was lacking.

I actually thought they were getting rid of the whole thing except team asobi. My hope is that they can make a new ape escape.

My hopes for a Legend of dragoon remake or sequel or new wild arms are kind of shattered though.