The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #1
Rubeus

Rumor: Resident Evil 4 remake overhauled as Capcom Development Division 1 takes over

It was like FF7 Remake being taken away from Cyberconnect2.

Click for full size

Quote:
Rumor: Resident Evil 4 remake overhauled as Capcom Development Division 1 takes over

M-Two's role reportedly significantly reduced.

The Resident Evil 4 remake first rumored to be in production at M-Two back in April 2020 is now being led by Capcom’s Consumer Games Development Division 1, according to a VGC report citing people with knowledge of the project.

The remake has reportedly been in development since 2018 at M-Two, which partly contributed to the development of the Resident Evil 3 remake, but now it is said that following a key project review in late 2020, Capcom decided that its internal Consumer Games Development Division 1 would take over as lead developer on the project, significantly reducing M-Two’s role.

According to the report, the change is believed to be a result of M-Two’s desire to faithfully reproduce the format of the original Resident Evil 4, while Capcom’s production team prefers a direction where it is inspired by the original game, but introduces its own unique take on features, story elements, and environments in a similar way that the Resident Evil 2 remake reimagined Mr. X.

VGC’s sources claim that the Resident Evil 4 remake would be partially rebooted under its new lead developer, which could delay its release as far back as 2023. The remakes of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 were said to have experienced similar overhauls.

When contacted by VGC, Capcom declined to comment.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/rumo...n-1-takes-over
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:45 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
The one game that doesn't need a remake other than a few adjustments to controls and upgrade the graphics.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #3
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
The one game that doesn't need a remake other than a few adjustments to controls and upgrade the graphics.
Its whole story needs overhauled.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Maybe it's just me but I had so much fun playing the game I barely noticed the story shortcoming. The part on the lake was particularly cool.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:56 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I still stand by Ashley being the best new RE character in the longest time cause she came equip with ballistics!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Don't care, don't want. If they don't remake code veronica i am not even glancing in the direction of this one.

If i'm completely honest, i never liked RE4. I remember the lake part and remember getting frustrated at all the traps and dumb ashley, plus the 'murica storyline of rescuing the presidents daughter and the zombies speaking spanish and i being able to understand them. Actually, looking at it now, it comes across racist.
The whole thing repeled me agressively. It was the only regular RE i never finished alongside 7 and soon 8.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:29 PM   #7
Ernst

I don’t think rescuing the President’s daughter in Spain hence Spanish zombies is racist at all. The problem with it was that the story was ridiculous. The gameplay was fantastic.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote