The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 02:41 AM   #1
Rubeus

Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

Quote:
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

Due out worldwide in 2020.

Publisher Bandai Namco and developer Tamsoft have announced Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch worldwide in 2020 with support for Japanese voice-overs and English, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.

“We’re excited to take to the pitch and bring Captain Tsubasa back to western console and PC gaming audiences with Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions,” said Bandai Namco Entertainment America director of brand marketing Dennis Lee in a press release. “With Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions we’re combining the global excitement surrounding the sport of soccer with the nostalgic appeal of the classic Captain Tsubasa franchise; all presented with anime style and flair. Soccer and anime fans are in for a truly unique and unforgettable experience!”

Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe:

About

A new Captain Tsubasa game is here, 10 years after the release of the previous console game!

Captain Tsubasa is a manga masterpiece, globally beloved even now in 2020.

The new console game will be released as an arcade football game. Everyone can enjoy exchanging super plays against rivals with up to date graphics!

Key Features
  • The latest Captain Tsubasa game with toon shading and realistic effects!Part of the globally popular Captain Tsubasa series, this title has anime-like graphics that are familiar even overseas.
  • Part of the globally popular Captain Tsubasa series, this title has anime-like graphics that are familiar even overseas.
  • The detailed presentation of every single style of our popular characters will heat up battles of the new Captain Tsubasa game!
  • Super plays clashing in high-speed! “Arcade football action.”
  • This title adopts the arcade football genre that allows gamers to experience super plays in real time, one of the reasons Captain Tsubasa games are so popular.
  • This is an exhilarating action game that enables players to enjoy scoring goals while performing dream skills against opponents at high speed by mastering the simple controls.

Special Message from Yoichi Takahashi

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/capt...-switch-and-pc
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:08 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I must day... this is looking like the tsubasa game ive always wanted when i was young. A football game without lootboxes as well! I think i might buy it. Especially with a story mode.

It's not gonna be realistic, but it will likely be fun.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Soccer might be the least interesting thing in the world to me which makes the fact that this actually looks like it might be fun even that much more of an impressive achievement.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
RYU

seem will be cool but nothing beat Captain Tsubasa Vol. II: Super Striker on NES.