The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #61
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

EYE: Divine Cybermancy PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get the Community Choice and go on sale. That game was so damn good but I played it on a friend's account and I meant to buy it for myself; guess I just forgot about it, all I remember is the game was epic, gameplay felt like Deus Ex on steroids... DO IT!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #62
Chronos
fuggit

company of heroes and gta complete packs are on sale!
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #63
Northeastmonk

I played 3/4 through GTAIV then sold it. GTA drags on, in a good way, but the story takes hours to build imo.

So I picked up GTAIV and Liberty City Episodes, all the DLC. Great price for them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetal View Post
It is patched. Seems like i fixed it though.

Something with GFWL as i suspected. It didn't allow us to log into GFWL settings because the new PC build wasn't recognised as his PC. So we had to put in a code that was sent via email.
You must really love Obsidian for playing through Alpha Protocol. I watched someone else play around an hour and it reminded me of a terrible Syphon Filter.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #64
Chronos
fuggit

I liked GTA IV mainly for ENB mod and the trainer. The story of 4 was average at best but it made up for it with mods.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #65
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
I've never played New Vegas, but Fallout 3 is pretty story driven. Dunno what the fuck you are talking about.
In over 15 hours, the only thing I managed to get from the story was look for dad, get to boat city, be told dad has gone, go looking for dad, dad is gone. Thats it. Dont confuse the mini quests for story because those are not associated with the main story, which is summed up in 1 paragraph, no different to oblivion, no different to morrowind, no different to any bethesda made game.

Check out Shadowgrounds pack for like $6.49 or whatever. AWESOME games!!! And the Thief collection for around $16. Most of you probably only played the third game and not the superior first two. Get it if you liked it. Thief 2 is one of the greatest games ever made.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #66
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
In over 15 hours, the only thing I managed to get from the story was look for dad, get to boat city, be told dad has gone, go looking for dad, dad is gone. Thats it. Dont confuse the mini quests for story because those are not associated with the main story, which is summed up in 1 paragraph, no different to oblivion, no different to morrowind, no different to any bethesda made game.

Check out Shadowgrounds pack for like $6.49 or whatever. AWESOME games!!! And the Thief collection for around $16. Most of you probably only played the third game and not the superior first two. Get it if you liked it. Thief 2 is one of the greatest games ever made.
Guess that's more than enough story for me, then. I also could be remembering stuff wrong because I played the game shortly after release with no mods...that was years ago.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #67
progmetal
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
You must really love Obsidian for playing through Alpha Protocol. I watched someone else play around an hour and it reminded me of a terrible Syphon Filter.
Nah, i just bought it because it was cheap. It's not terrible, although a bit clunky controls it's enjoyable enough to keep me going. I hate those hacking codes that i do too slow and sets the alarm off all the time though. arrrrgh.. lol

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal
progmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #68
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

My haul so far:

Fallout 3
Blocks That Matter
Cave Story+
Dear Esthar
Psychonauts
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Dead Space 2
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
STALKER: Clear Sky
Chantelise
Thief 3

I've also bought a few games for my friends, and all that lot has cost me ~30. Steam sales are awesome.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #69
Alucard

You better have played Thief 1 or 2. Cause if you havent and you bought 3 only you are DEAD to me.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #70
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I actually already bought 1 and 2 again since there was a Thief sale on few weeks back on Steam, but I played them when they first came out more or less. I've actually never played 3.

So I am ALIVE!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #71
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Alucard bought me EYE: Divine Cybermancy! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG! TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #72
Northeastmonk

I picked up E.Y.E. as well. Its very cool, reminds me of the matrix mixed with the tribal look from Unreal Championship series.

Also picked up Fallout 3 GOTY. I own the original hard copy, but I wanted the DLC. Too bad you can't just get the DLC by itself.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 07-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #73
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I'm glad E.Y.E is getting the recognition it deserves, really is a great game once you get past the not exactly user-friendly, awkward UI and realise how much there actually is. It's made by only 12 people too, it's amazing what they managed.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #74
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm going to play it after I'm done beating Ys Origin! WOOOOO!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #75
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Alucard bought me EYE: Divine Cybermancy! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG! TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You love me long time more then anyone by default for getting you that rare spiderman game from japan years back!