The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-09-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
Rubeus

There's hope for a Final Fantasy VIII Remake, Square Enix producer says

I'd rather get a remake of FF9, FF8's battle system has a lot of flaws, especially the draw system.

Click for full size

Quote:
There's hope for a Final Fantasy VIII Remake, and a Square producer says it should be done by young developers

'I'd like to see it done by the youth of Square Enix'

The Final Fantasy VIII Remaster just launched recently, and fans both new and old are enjoying the classic all over again. But that's just in remaster form: a full-on remake is on everyone's minds, and according to Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase, it's on his mind as well.

Speaking to Famitsu, Kitase explains, "If the youth that inherits the genes of Final Fantasy can step up and do it, then I’d like to see it made. For Final Fantasy VII Remake, the project started from my desire to make Final Fantasy VII with today’s technology while I’m still here at Square Enix. So I’d like to see it done by the youth of Square Enix."

Of course this is a monkey's paw situation. Square Enix announced Final Fantasy VII Remake ages ago, and come to find out they're only just releasing the Midgar (albeit, expanded in format) portion of the game next year. It might be years before we see the conclusion of this epic, and it'll span multiple generations into the PlayStation 5, which is set to launch at the end of next year.

If this VIII Remake project does happen eventually, Square Enix should use the lessons learned from the VII Remake's marketing cycle and take it easy. Announcing VII Remake before the team was fully formed and CyberConnect2 was booted from it gave people the impression that things weren't going smoothly, and waiting to announce would completely sidestep that appearance.

https://www.destructoid.com/there-s-...s-569132.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Ergh... no, thanks.

Indeed. FF9 or FF6 deserve it more.

Last edited by Nem; 10-13-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Nem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
FF6 needs it the most. Probably my favorite out of the series. We need more Ultros!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

There's some Ultros in FF XIV.

I stand with the remake of VI and the epicness of the opera house.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #5
RYU

just finish FF7,maybe will take 20 years to finish all episodes then talk about other remakes.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 PM   #6
Ernst

FFVIII is the perfect game to be reimagined. The story really is great but needs restructured and fleshed our, especially the end game stuff. And the bottle system could be remade too.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:33 PM   #7
Nem
Smash bro!

The story was great? I think a GF made me forget. xD

I mean from a pov where FF8's combat system was an unbalanced mess of boredom with draw and not using magics so you maximise your stats could stand to not be as terrible with a revamp of the combat system. But, is it really worth it when you can remake games that are more universaly loved?

Honestly, my personal choice would be a remake of Xenogears>Chrono Trigger>Chrono cross.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #8
Paper exe
Pwnd

Actually I think we need a NEW final fantasy game. As if it wasn't obvious enough SE announced that the FF7 remake and all it parts are treated as a main line game. So basically they are putting thier resources on a remake rather than a new game.

Moral of the story. Be mindful for what you ask for.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote