The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #5251
Nem
Smash bro!

I got Armored Core 4, Armored Core for Answer... and DmC Devil May cry (for 12 euros on PSN. The AC games were 3 euros each).

I must say i was impressed with DmC. Well, i had already played the demo si i knew it wasnt bad... but i was well impressed with the presentation and the cinematics. Its a shame that Ninja Theory's PR isnt as good as their game's developing. If they hadnt pissed off DmC fans maybe this game could've been a sucess. It sold one million+, wich is ok but wasnt as good as DMC4.

Actually, they should have advertised it as a side story/ alternative dimension versions of Devil Mayc cry. It would've been better that way. Reboot assumes the resource material is bad or worn out, when it fact it obviously wasnt.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #5252
Nem
Smash bro!

I got Muramasa rebirth on the Vita while it was on sale on PSN. This time with cover shots!

Old 01-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #5253
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Brought it cheap for Gradius Gaiden and Gradius IV. Ports of the Playstation 1 titles never released outside Japan originally.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #5254
Nem
Smash bro!

I went with intent to get rising and was told there was a special promotion where i can get 2 games for 20 euros. After browsing what they had i went with darksiders 2 limited edition.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #5255
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I really enjoyed the Darksiders series. I hope they end up making a 3rd one, but I don't see that happening after the fall of THQ.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #5256
Nem
Smash bro!

Vigil games was closed cause no one wanted to buy them cause they didnt have a game ready for release.
I think some nordic company ended up with the rights. Its sad, but the series is probably gone. I got it just to experience this game and what could've been.

Even if by some miracle someone made more of them, it would be from a completely different team. A bit like the situation with Amalur.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #5257
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

My new keyboard! I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for awhile. A lot of people I've spoken to say that the cherry switches just feel better to use over the long haul and this one is a Cherry MX Brown variety. I'll get a keyboard with Blue switches for when I want to piss people off.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (Zen9 5950x, 64GB, RTX 3090), PS5
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:12 AM   #5258
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I think some nordic company ended up with the rights. Its sad, but the series is probably gone. I got it just to experience this game and what could've been.
Yeah Nordic Games they go around pretty much IP hording but there a pretty budget outfit. You'll never see a Darksiders game with the budget of the originals.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #5259
bujeezus

finally picked up fire emblem awakening.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #5260
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Brought this for 3 mainly for Darius Gaiden (since the PS1 version is literally impossible to find) and Metal Black (previously only an arcade game)

I was sure the English release of this Japanese horror game had been cancelled. Never seen the game in PAL before. So I grabbed it straight away.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #5261
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post

I was sure the English release of this Japanese horror game had been cancelled. Never seen the game in PAL before. So I grabbed it straight away.
Sounds interesting. How was it, in general ?
Currently Playing : Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax [PSVita] - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PSVita]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #5262
bujeezus

broke down and preordered bravely default. wasn't going to, but the demo convinced me.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:21 AM   #5263
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrats Studio View Post
Sounds interesting. How was it, in general ?
haha, I don't know when I'll actually play it though. I just grabbed it on the whim.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #5264
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
broke down and preordered bravely default. wasn't going to, but the demo convinced me.
Same here. For a 3DS game, the CE is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I also picked-up Perfect Dark Zero: CE sealed on ebay for $12 w/free shipping.

I've also been on an Xbox buying kick here of late. Trying to complete my Xbox collection before it gets expensive. I only have around five or so games that I still want to get for the Xbox.

A couple of Sega games...

My Sega Xbox Collection. Some many awesome Sega games on the Xbox. It was like the Dreamcast 2.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #5265
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I adore Gunvalkyrie. Once you're able to figure out the controllers it is a blast. I was to the point where I could get through an entire level without touching the ground. Most people bought a Xbox for Halo, I bought it for that game.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote