The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #5131
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Any good?

No, it's my ass. I'm mooning him.
I haven't really played the other lego games, so I don't have anything to go off of, but it's not terrible, typical kid game, flying is damn confusing that is for sure.

But, I didn't know it had a huge open world to it, fun to fly around and goof off.

The story is pretty funny, I really laughed when they had all the villains escaped from the Raft prison, Carnage and a whole bunch of other villains come out of their cells and Stan Lee comes out like a villain lol

Stan Lee is what makes the game fun for the stuff they put him in.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #5132
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
I Jelly. Let us know how it is.
Its good. Not much to say really, its on par with the rest of the series and has a pretty cool 3D effect. It has alot of optimisations aswell. If you fail on court, you get to retry from the moment you failed, no need to restart the day's trial or saving often so you can skip repetition.
During investigations the detective now has a notebook where he puts up a to-do list so you know where you need to go. With a button press you can get an overview of the case in hand, so you can easily pick the game back up during an investigation if you've had a break. Also when investigating crime scenes the hand icon lights up red when there are points of interest, so you no longer needs to crazily tap every bit of the screen in search of clues.

So, in terms of gameplay the best one in the series. In terms of story... its too early to tell. I'm only on the second case.

Oh... and it has quite a few voiced anime cut-scenes like the intro. Its funny cause in only a few hours of play it already seems to have more anime cutscenes than Tales of Xillia had in 30 hours...
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #5133
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #5134
bujeezus

grabbed lego marvel superheroes. whoever came up with this fucked up flying control scheme can kiss my ass. other than that, havin a great time with it...
Old 11-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #5135
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Tried a bit of Tomb Raider and was pleasantly surprised. The game is actually fun.

Tried GTA Online. So far it seems like a normal game with people being able to come in and grief you if they feel like it.

I tried three different times to complete a mission only to have some fucking asshole come in and kill me every time.

How is that fun at all?

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #5136
Dj Jimmi Zero

Chronophantasma really drew me in on it's game play, especially after I had been turned off of the previous titles in the series. Tager is still a touch of death for idiots and those that make mistakes, Litchi is top tier again, and my current favorite is DLC character Yuuki Terumi. I got GTAV, brand new from a friend that got a copy with a new PS3, he had already finished it, so I bought it for the low.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #5137
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

I'm really not pleased with the scoring system for the missions.

Now it feels like if you don't play it the way Rockstar want you to, you get penalised.

What happened to freedom in GTA V?

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #5138
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Picked up Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, the PS4 Camera, the PS4 Controller, and payed off the Xbox One.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #5139
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

You're getting both on launch day?

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (Zen9 5950x, 64GB, RTX 3090), PS5
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:57 AM   #5140
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin View Post
Picked up Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, the PS4 Camera, the PS4 Controller, and payed off the Xbox One.
Welcome to the party!! it's going to be one hell of a month.

Shopto are taking my money on the 9th Nov for my XBoxOne bundle which includes Dead Rising 3, Ryse and 10 for the shop which will pay for Crimson Dragon. I'm getting 59 off the retail price though since I have a ton of points saved up.

I guess the PS4 money will come out the week after along with Killzone.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #5141
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I have bestbuy points saved up enough for one free games, so I'm going to wait for reviews on PS4 games or might even use it on some PSN cards and get a game over the PSN store.

But, I'm more than likely not going to buy any games for a while, just getting the system cause I'm getting it for a gift. Otherwise, I would be waiting for a long time before getting one, PS3 is still getting better games in the next few months. ie Dark Souls 2! CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT! I will murder for it!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #5142
stroopwafel
Praise the sun!

There is just yet too little on offer on PS4 for me to get excited about. Not that it matters though b/c they seem to be in short supply anyway if you haven't pre-ordered like half a year ago. I'll be getting one for sure by the time Watch Dogs comes out though. And hopefully MGS5 and Evil Within shortly thereafter.
stroopwafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #5143
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
You're getting both on launch day?
When I payed them off my bank blocked my credit card because they thought it was fraud. I had to call them and clear it so I could make a big payment.

Can't wait to get both systems in. Going to still be a primary Playstation gamer, but I can't wait to get my hands on Ryse and Killer Instinct. Just going to be an awesome two weeks.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #5144
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Yeah, I know how that is. Anytime I build a PC, Amazon breaks up the order into whatever they can ship quickly, so my card gets hit with 5-7 $200 charges and shuts down. I bet there's a way I can call ahead and authorize all transactions with Amazon for 48 hours to alleviate me having to call them and hear each individual charge. First world problems. :/

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (Zen9 5950x, 64GB, RTX 3090), PS5
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #5145
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
I bought this Bolivian' Native American musician CD. I like the ambient music of Native American combined with pop music instrument

Click for full size
Currently Playing : Tales of Phantasia [PSVita]

Last edited by Badrats Studio; 11-08-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: fixing picture link
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote