Sounds very promising.

Have a read

http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-wi...reviews-2.html
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
Subway
In the garden of sinners

Good to see teh game get a high score, i play the online version and i have to disagree with what they say about hte putting system. Its very intuitive and had no trouble reading what the slope is headed.
Subway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Unless the DOA girls in this game bounce 5 feet in any random direction with even the lightest of puck hits, then I'm not interested.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
pinoy929
Roll canceller

I really want this game. Too bad there is no online function on it.

- Seraph830
pinoy929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Seems like they are on the right path with the game.
If I owned a Wii this would probally be my 3rd or 4th game (Zelda and Trauma Center being the first 2)
Old 12-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
Unless the DOA girls in this game bounce 5 feet in any random direction with even the lightest of puck hits, then I'm not interested.
your kinda over exaggerating here aren't u?

it should a WAY bigger bounce!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:44 AM   #7
Alucard

Just making sure, is this game the same one as this cause it looks identical-

http://www.albatross18.com/season2/d...ads.asp?sid=30

This is a free online game for the pc. If its the same game then its actually poor. The gameplay is really REALLY simple. When I say simple I mean snorefest simple. You play for alittle and think w00t. Then walk off. So yeah, if the control schemes are identical then this game can go out the window.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:06 AM   #8
Subway
In the garden of sinners

yeah it is the same game. And yes the gameplay simple,power bar actually tells you how far you hit it. But theres more to it then that.

You can slice the ball depending how close or not close you hit the "accuracy" white bar. You can add a power spin which after landing, the ball travel a certain distance depending on your stats. Theres power curve which make the ball fly in a "banana" shape. Then theres the special moves the review listed, Tomahawk and cobra, which you can add power spin/curve to it (not sure curve i havent tried, but i did do tomahawk + powerspin). And the distance you hit, the speed of the "slider", the width of teh accuracy bar, teh amount it spins, and the amount it curves are all based on stats.

So, while it may be simple, its not that shallow.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:11 AM   #9
Alucard

Ah ok. Yeah this game is pretty blah. If you want a golf game theres way more others to look at. Hot Shots Golf for example if you like japanese stuff. But thi sgame? Dont waste your money. Download the FREE pc version if you want to see how boring it is.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:15 AM   #10
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Golf regardless is boring.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:20 AM   #11
Subway
In the garden of sinners

yeah the PC version is free + its online, this game is only fun with people. The wii version is not online capable =( which is a big no imo, they should have waited for online. I think teh only difference b/w this game and and the PC besides online is the swinging method and that clothing doesnt require real money to buy.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:58 AM   #12
Nephilim

I enjoyed the pc version, spent about 50hours on it til i got bored (ended up just playing tourament games)
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:50 AM   #13
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Ah ok. Yeah this game is pretty blah. If you want a golf game theres way more others to look at. Hot Shots Golf for example if you like japanese stuff. But thi sgame? Dont waste your money. Download the FREE pc version if you want to see how boring it is.
Hey Alucard you do know that Hot shot Golf is a rip off of Nintendo golf and that the same developer who made that game made Mario Golf and it is in fact the same thing, so how come I don't see you praise Nintendo's Mario Golf!? Sony whore!!1!
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #14
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

How can a golf game rip off another when there virtually all the same plus wouldn't that make Nintendo Golf a rip-off of older golf games. plus Hot Shots Golf is nothing like a game made in 1984.

Last edited by Escaflowne2001; 12-05-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #15
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Thats not what makes this game fun.

Now I admit, the PC version could very well be crappy. The only reason im interested in this game is the Wii controls. Sort of like how you can play FlashFlashRevolution with your keyboard (same exact game as DDR), but the fun of DDR is actually doing the dancing.

Wii has yet to pull off a proper golf game. SMB:BB Golf is one of its embarrasing minigames. Wii sports was on the right track, it just needed more custom tuning. Plus a full fledged golf game would be nice.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote