The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 05-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #31
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

I beat Titanfall 2.

I had heard good things, but it was way, way better than I expected.

I also beat The Raven Remastered. It's a fun point and click game but it's a bit buggy.

Worth playing if you can find it though.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #32
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I beat Shadow of the Collosus PS4.

Honestly, it was similar experience from what i remember of the original but less impressive.

Why? Because the game didn't age well.

First, they chose not to fix the controls. So the game still controls like ass all these years later. It was mediocre then, and it's awful now. Especially the damn horse. It pisses me off!
The camera is that kind of classic hell aswell. You can move it, but it's constantly trying to do it's own thing making controling the horse and looking around an impossible task.

The world doesn't feel as large as it did because now theres tons of open worlds that are bigger.
The collosus no longer feel incredible cause theres games with giant enemies and much better gameplay.

What hold is the astethics. It is still a unique game in it's special art style and it's beautiful because of that. But, this was a missed opportunity to add more collosi. The game is super short and that wouldn't be acceptable by today's standards, it needed a bit more than what it has.

In short: The game didn't age graciously and it's no longer the same groundbreaking game it was in it's inception. But, it is a classic. It's not bad, but it's not incredible either.

I never found the original PS2 to be OMOGMOGMOMG GAME TO BEAT type of game, like many others did. It was just good. Having nice visuals is not even 2nd to me considering I'm fine with a game being 4 bit Atari 2600 looking and still being fun.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:57 AM   #33
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

It was ok.

Just kidding, it's in the top 5 of Telltale's story games for sure. TWD1, Wolf, and Borderlands take the top 3...and this is probably #4. Probably the first time choices actually kinda mattered in a Telltale game, since Chapter 5 is essentially two different stories based on what happens.

And the Joker is amazing in this.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:33 AM   #34
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Click for full size

Wow. I was actually really impressed by this. The time-travelling aspect was a fresh take on the interactive-story (or whatever this genre of game is called) and the characters were actually pretty good. I donno if I'd call this better than any Telltale game, but it's definitely up there with them. If you like these types of games, you definitely should give it a try.

Also, so far in 2018, I've beaten a game released from 2012 all the way through 2018. Neat. I wonder if I can go all the way back to 2008.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:

Last edited by Drunken Savior; 05-13-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #35
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
I beat Titanfall 2.

I had heard good things, but it was way, way better than I expected.

I also beat The Raven Remastered. It's a fun point and click game but it's a bit buggy.

Worth playing if you can find it though.
I'm going to have to bump TF2 up on my play schedule. You're the second person I've seen this week talk about how good the campaign is.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #36
bujeezus

Titanfall 2 definitely a must play for the campaign. Had a blast and sorry it was over when I beat it.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:55 PM   #37
Nem
Smash bro!

Beat Batman Arkham Knight on PS4.

Most of the DLC aswell, but didn't waste time on those riddler trophies and just watched the 100% ending on youtube. No regrets. The grind wouldn't be worth it.

Anyways... this was better than City, wich i completely ditched. but, honestly i can't bring myself to love the games. They are ok, but everytime i start enjoying it, something comes along to piss me off. Mostly controlling the gliding in small spaces, the remote batarang and the difficulty spikes.

It was ok. But i enjoyed Mad max more, wich is a similar game. The infamous batmobile wasn't so bad actually. I enjoyed it despite the weird controls. I never got used to the brake/reverse on square though..
Oh, extra points on the particle effects at one point in the main story. Too bad it goes away a bit after. Looked like Gotham at christmas time.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #38
Nem
Smash bro!

I found out that MS fixed the crash bug on the 360 backwards compatibility after many years, so i replayed Panzer Dragoon Orta!

I miss the series.

If Microsoft wanted to be worth anything, they'd finance a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga, whose 20th anniversaty is this year.
I feel old.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #39
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

They already tried making a spirital successor to Panzer Dragoon with Crimson Dragon doubt they'll go there again.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:35 PM   #40
Nem
Smash bro!

I'm not asking for the on rails shooters. i want a remake of the RPG (saga).

But yeah... fat chance.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:59 AM   #41
quickessayhelp

We're expecting great things from these new games coming to PS4, Xbox One, ... We'll surely see more of hotly anticipated titles set for this year like Red Dead ... whatever part of your body you deem worthy in time to the beat.
essay service uk | write my essay
quickessayhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:16 PM   #42
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Liked it a lot. The idea of showing off a flow chart of possible pathways was actually a really good idea and made me curious about revisiting it and trying out different pathways. Better than Beyond Two Souls for sure, though there wasn't very many OMG moments. It's moreso just the process of playing through a long movie that's compelling.

Games I'm hyped for

Current Platforms:
Old 05-28-2018, 11:54 PM   #43
Nem
Smash bro!

Tales of Hearts R on Vita.

Surprisingly decent despite the low budget. Still managed to be enjoyable unlike the more recent home console entries. The random encounter rate was the only other minus.

With a bigger budget it could've been great. It felt like a fully fledged Tales of entry. Often i felt like i was at the end but it kept going. It was 35 hours or so without side-quests.

Considering this was originally a DS game, it wasn't bad at all. But, i feel like i'm over the series. The dialogue, the personalities, the plot... they all feel like "been there, done that". The initial plot of the game is an exact copy of Tales of Symphonia, though it gets a bit more interesting as it ges on, but again, these anime clichιs we have seen a dozen times.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:22 AM   #44
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
finally beat Radiant Historia with the true final ending. ugh, the last artifact I needed took forever to figure out that I just caved and looked up what I was missing and it was a stupid side quest that the only way you would know if you back tracked for no reason at all!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:59 PM   #45
bujeezus

Played through the campaign on Destiny 2 again, but this time on my new pc build. Went from a Q9300 and DDR2 ram to an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X and DDR4. Kept the RX 480. My previous system was getting 15-18 fps at the Farm on medium setting and around 25-30 fps on missions. New system 55-60 fps on ultra settings at the Farm and 60 fps (I've got v-sync enabled) every where else. I love my pc again.