The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 06-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #16
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

FINALLY came out today, Sunday, in N.A. Played a couple of stages and I like it. Good arcade style shooter. Graphically sub par but acceptable. Story is there but not memorable. I'm not playing video games for stories, I read actual books for that.

I wonder if this was published by Nintendo here in the USA. I say this because the game came with Club Nintendo points code and it was released on a Sunday which only Nintendo seems to do.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
Dj Jimmi Zero

The Gamestops in my area pulled some bullshit saying that the game shipped yesterday and will be in store on Monday.

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #18
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper
I'm not playing video games for stories, I read actual books for that.
I agree with the first part of that, but most certainly not the second part! Books are dumb. All books should be burned (except for the one I am scheduled to help write, of course). Instead, go see more movies if you want stories. Or watch Dexter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper
I wonder if this was published by Nintendo here in the USA. I say this because the game came with Club Nintendo points code and it was released on a Sunday which only Nintendo seems to do.
Hmmm... judging by the evidence there it is really hard to say. The world will never know!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 AM   #19
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Huh? The game is out?!

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Same thing happened to me DJ Jimmi. I reserved at gamestop and got a text saying that it would be available on Sunday. I went to the store and they didn't have it. I then proceeded to Best Buy where they had plenty of them for sale.

You are writing a book Joe? Is it your biography?
Reading is much more fun then watching a movie. The only thing movies have that is better then reading is surround sound. Other then that reading is better.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 AM   #21
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I got my copy today at Gamestop. It seemed like they only had two copies for this game. They said they sold one copy on Sunday and they had a hard time finding a copy for me.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #22
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

That's interesting. If forecast sales are predicted to be so low I wonder why Nintendo chose to publish the game. I'm glad that they did because who knows if Treasure or anybody else would have picked it up for a N.A. release.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #23
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper View Post
That's interesting. If forecast sales are predicted to be so low I wonder why Nintendo chose to publish the game. I'm glad that they did because who knows if Treasure or anybody else would have picked it up for a N.A. release.
Nintendo of Japan can force NOA to publish the game, but they can't choose how many copies are produced/distributed to individual retailers.

Quote:
You are writing a book Joe? Is it your biography?
Reading is much more fun then watching a movie. The only thing movies have that is better then reading is surround sound. Other then that reading is better.
It's the biography of... Well, I think that's secret right now. I completely disagree with you about movies though, even though I have a B.A. in Literature.
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #24
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

You can disagree if you like that's fine. Reading books draws a far more detailed world in my mind then any movie could ever reproduce. Movies are great and I like to watch and listen to them but reading a great book is so much more satisfying.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #25
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Quote:
The original has become a cult classic sinse being release on the VC. The lead character even appeare in brawl as a attack truphy. I`m glad NOA is giveing a lesser know game a chance. I just wish they would give more games from japan a chance too.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote