The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
Rubeus

PS5: The Future of Gaming presentation set for June 4

Just games no hardware?

Quote:
PS5: The Future of Gaming presentation set for June 4

"A first look at the games you'll be playing after PlayStation 5 launches this holiday."

Sony Interactive Entertainment will unveil “a first look at the games you’ll be playing after PlayStation 5 launches this holiday” on June 4 at 1:00 p.m. PT / 4:00 p.m. ET, the company announced. You will be able to watch “Future of Gaming” presentation, which will run “for a bit more than an hour,” live on YouTube, Twitch, and PlayStation.com.

According to Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan, “the games coming to PS5 represent the best in the industry from innovative studios that span the globe,” and “studios, both larger and smaller, those newer and those more established, all have been hard at work developing games that will showcase the potential of the hardware.”

Ryan added, “This is part of our series of PS5 updates and, rest assured, after next week’s showcase, we will still have much to share with you.”

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/ps5-...set-for-june-4
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 04:43 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

If they announce a new bloodborne I'm going to have to rethink my end of year console purchase.

Doubt it though.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

I got excited for the black controller for a bit, but it might just be lighting games.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #4
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Postponed

Sony Interactive Entertainment has postponed the “PlayStation 5: The Future of Gaming” presentation previously scheduled for June 4. A new date was not announced.

Here is the full message from Sony:

We have decided to postpone the PlayStation 5 event scheduled for June 4.

While we understand gamers worldwide are excited to see PS5 games, we do not feel right now is a time for celebration and for now, we want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/ps5-...tion-postponed

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

You and your backstabbing, virtue signaling friends must be thrilled.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:22 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

This is upsetting.

It's not like anything will change under the Trump administration, so why exactly is the event getting delayed?
Old 06-01-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
Ernst

A bit annoying that the world is expected to go on hold because of American unrest.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:04 PM   #8
Rubeus

Is it delayed due to the riots happening in the states?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:27 AM   #9
Nem
Smash bro!

Pretty much.

I'm wondering if they just wanted more time. None will come of the discussion in these days. With Trump as President and Moscow Mitch in congress nothing will be done about racism. This can only be solved on the voting cards in November.

Last edited by Nem; 06-02-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #10
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

To be fair it's not entirely Trump's fault. I would say he's doing a horrible job with his Tweets and he's awful at uniting the country. The issues people are protesting are mostly a long history of police brutality of people of color that never gets addressed.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:16 PM   #11
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful Sam View Post
To be fair it's not entirely Trump's fault. I would say he's doing a horrible job with his Tweets and he's awful at uniting the country. The issues people are protesting are mostly a long history of police brutality of people of color that never gets addressed.
I just wish your country could have a serious conversation about this - with the statistics included. For some reason, the fact that even proportionately, more white people in violent encounters with police are killed than black people seems like an important piece to this puzzle but is never mentioned.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #12
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
I just wish your country could have a serious conversation about this - with the statistics included. For some reason, the fact that even proportionately, more white people in violent encounters with police are killed than black people seems like an important piece to this puzzle but is never mentioned.
Yeah... I heard about these stats. And I agree it needs to be looked more into. I can't say it myself since I'm not black. I'm considered a minority, but from my life experience, I can't say anything about race that has been an issue. I have heard how parts of the US does need work with addressing racism.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #13
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful Sam View Post
Trump might not be the origin of it but he empowers it. Which is why i say nothing will be solved under his administration. On the contrary, it sounds like he wants to escalate things.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:16 PM   #14
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Trump might not be the origin of it but he empowers it. Which is why i say nothing will be solved under his administration. On the contrary, it sounds like he wants to escalate things.
I imagine you’ll definitely be seeing another 4 years of Trump now. The American people have watched as Democratic cities are destroyed and looted by rioters whilst Democratic politicians don’t seem to know where they stand on said rioting, whilst Democratic celebrities create a bail out fund for rioters, and whilst Democratic sympathising media outlets pander nonsense about whites supremacists being behind the riots.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #15
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... i don't really buy into conspiracy theories without evidence.

But, hopefully you are wrong. The last thing anyone needs is 4 more years of Trump.