The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 AM   #1561
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
nice, only real main thing that makes me really angry with the game is this... you can't copy the saves... at all! Annoys me to all ends. You put in all your time in that character only to find out your system breaks and you can't back it up, so if you want to play your character again, TOUGH LUCK! NOOOOOOOO!

But if you use the system backing up feature, that is the only way if you were going to replace your HDD or HDD failure.

But Sony did put in a new feature to copy things over with a Ethernet cord to a SLIM PS3 to basically copy it over, I guess they figured people would replace their Fat PS3s for the Slims.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #1562
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Like the review JR. My only complaint is the Blue/black phantoms. I feel there wasn't enough emphasis on incentives to be either one of them aside from getting your own body back. I mean there are the glitches, but those are glitches.

Yeah it looks like I may just buy the american version after all. Double trophies?

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #1563
Alucard

I might of read that wrong but is the whole point of the game to just go from area to area levelling up? And thats it? Just get to toptophigh level? Like... an MMO basically with less depth and focus?
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #1564
darren
... lol

Was thinking the same. Why not just play an mmo
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #1565
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Game is much more action controls than a normal MMO, get this... you actually have to dodge attacks!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #1566
Alucard

Oh yeah, that makes up for all the pointless levelling up!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #1567
Vegetto
Alive

its really no different than a top down point and click game to get your LOOT and LEVELS, just more depth in combat.
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #1568
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Oh yeah, that makes up for all the pointless levelling up!
i guess MMOs by nature have good web connectivity .. this from what i've read this has kinda pointless fable 2 style stuff ..
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 01-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #1569
Paper exe
Pwnd

HEY Joe review a Nintendo game and give it perfect.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #1570
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Kiuju2k, yes you would likely get double trophies for owning two different versions.

Alucard, there really isn't anything "Massively Multiplayer" about this game. You can only have 4 people in any one game, max. You see others running around, but there is no interaction.

Vegetto, would you say that Final Fantasy is different than what you describe? I only ask that because that is an RPG and not an MMORPG. I would call this an action game with RPG elements.

Paper, Nintendo doesn't make many games themselves anymore so pickin's are slim.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #1571
darren
... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Kiuju2k, yes you would likely get double trophies for owning two different versions.

Alucard, there really isn't anything "Massively Multiplayer" about this game. You can only have 4 people in any one game, max. You see others running around, but there is no interaction.

Vegetto, would you say that Final Fantasy is different than what you describe? I only ask that because that is an RPG and not an MMORPG. I would call this an action game with RPG elements.

Paper, Nintendo doesn't make many games themselves anymore so pickin's are slim.
makes wonder why bother then .. seems as pointless as the fable 2 multiplayer drop in rubbish
Old 01-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #1572
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto View Post
its really no different than a top down point and click game to get your LOOT and LEVELS, just more depth in combat.
yah that's what makes the game fun, when you get into an awesome duel with someone, I've been in one that lasted over 1 hour. It was freakin epic. I tried to push him over the ledge but he dodged it in time, lol I love the push attack where you can shove someone and they will fall back.

some random Pvp, fun to watch.

guy has some good ways of killing people, cheaply lol.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #1573
Vegetto
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post

I was replying to Alucards "Oh yeah, that makes up for all the pointless levelling up!" since he likes the dungeon crawling games of the top down style like Diablo which is pretty much the same thing as in gaining levels and LOOOT, I know Diablo has story though,but a lot of those types of games have pretty much zero story.

and to answer your question: Final Fantasy has like zero (especially 12) involvement in combat AT ALL, top down style like Diablo has more depth and involvement, i'm saying Demon Souls is complete user involvement (hence action game with RPG elements), you have to do everything yourself which is why its so appealing, to me at least, I love the type of games where you're in complete control like these.

I finally snagged me a PS3 slim and i'll definitely be getting this game, i've been wanting it since day one.
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #1574
spider-prime

personally, the game doesn't really need a story other than what they give you, they've already told you the entire thing. Nothing else to learn. Except from what the NPCs tell you about world they live in like what happened to the king, why did he go mad and summon the demon's for and about Astarea, why did one who believed in god so much, become a demon.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #1575
eastx
The Fighting Bomber

Very interesting review, Joe. I noticed one error:

Players can leave notes to help other players. It is very rare that they leave false messages
which blows my mind giving what I know about gamers (they're butt-munchers).
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote