The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 11-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #16
Mors
I Have Rage!

Traded in Crystal Chronicles, Mario Golf, and Prince of Persia and got Echoes and Zelda Collector's Edition for 15 bucks at EB.

So far I'm really impressed with Echoes, it's definitelty got more of a cohesive story this time around and like many reviews have pointed out it plays exactly like the first Prime, which in my opinion is a good thing.
3. Resident Evil 5 (360)
4. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:55 AM   #17
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

Anybody else dissapointed with the boss fights? I've gotten the Boost Ball and the only real boss fight so far has been the one with those three worms that were shown when the early screenshots of this game were released. Everything else just seemed like sub-boss material.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:01 AM   #18
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

There are some mid-bosses but then there's also major bosses as well. If anything, it would seem that there's more boss battles in Prime 2 than in 1. I'm not that far in, having only gotten it today, but it seems pretty good. I don't think it's astonishing or anything like that. I love the Metroid series but I don't think I could ever love it as much in 3D as I do in 2D.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:15 AM   #19
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

Yeah well, it's a given that there are more bosses but there hasn't been anything on the level of a Thardus or even that plant dude just yet. I just thought that it was curious considering that I've pretty much finished the whole Agon Wastelands level and have explored a good chuck of the Main Temple and Torvus Bog. Either I've only just scratched the surface of the game or this is gonna end up disappointing me in the end. Oh well, can't wait till I get to the Sanctuary Fortress.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:20 AM   #20
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

It's certainly not as impressive as when playing Super Metroid for the first time, but it's a good game. I'm nowhere near as far into it as you are but thus far it hasn't impressed me as much as Prime 1. I don't exactly like the idea of losing energy in the Dark World whenever I'm not in a bright area. What's the point in that? The enemies can still hurt you even if you're in the brightness and yet it says that these Ing hate light. If that is so then why do they have no qualms about ramming into me even when I'm standing in a bright spot?
Old 11-18-2004, 02:35 AM   #21
gearhound
Versus the World

i think you get an upgrade where you won't receive damage in the dark world
Old 11-18-2004, 02:40 AM   #22
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

I know that from the instruction manual, but it still sucks nonetheless. And having to recharge my energy? Nonsense.