The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 06-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
Rubeus

Pokemon Sword and Shield producer addresses national Pokedex drama

So that's another way to say you better wait for Pokemon Sword & Shield Ultra, by the time all the Pokemons will be there. Just skip this game

Quote:
Pokemon Sword and Shield producer addresses national Pokedex drama

'Even if a specific Pokemon is not available, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.'

Game Freak has shared a message from Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield producer Junichi Masuda, who addresses the criticism from fans following prior comment that some Pokemon cannot be transferred to the series’ latest release.

If you missed it, this is what Masuda said during the Nintendo: Treehouse Live broadcast at E3 2019 (via):
So in previous games that worked with the Pokemon Bank service you were able to—for example, in Sun and Moon—bring over any Pokemon even if they weren’t in the Alolan Pokedex.

But with the transition to the Nintendo Switch hardware, it’s more powerful, allowing us to be more expressive with each of the individual Pokemon.

And now we’re well over 800 Pokemon species in the games. At Game Freak, we’re really thinking about what the best way forward was, really preserving the quality of all the Pokemon, while also taking into account the battle balance—having so many different Pokemon available, all within a limited development time so we don’t keep fans waiting too long for every entry into the series.

And after a lot of discussion we decided to come to a new direction, and so what that means for Pokemon Sword and Shield is that players will be able trade their Pokemon from Pokemon Home only if they are in the Galar region Pokedex.

So we were really careful to decide on what Pokemon would match the setting of the adventure would be.

I’ll talk more about this in future opportunities, such as media interviews but I wanted to let you know today.

I know there are a lot of users of the Pokemon Bank service who want to bring their Pokemon to Home so I thought I would let you know well in advance.
Here is today’s full message addressing the fan criticism of that decision:
Thank you to all of our fans for caring so deeply about Pokemon. Recently, I shared the news that some Pokemon cannot be transferred to Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. I’ve read all your comments and appreciate your love and passion for Pokemon.

Just like all of you, we are passionate about Pokemon and each and every one of them is very important to us. After so many years of developing the Pokemon video games, this was a very difficult decision for me. I’d like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokemon is not available in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.

The world of Pokemon continues to evolve. The Galar region offers new Pokemon to encounter, Trainers to battle, and adventures to embark on. We are pouring our hearts into these games, and we hope you will look forward to joining us on this new journey.

June 28, 2019

Junichi Masuda
Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are due out for Switch on November 15.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/pokemon-...-pokedex-drama
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 11:47 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
lol Most pokemon suck tho! How many different rat types will people NOT use? By the end of the game everyone is using their favorites and the legendaries and mythicals.
Only one I really want is Marshadow, probably my favorite pokemon. I made sure I got a lot of codes to unlock it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
Paper exe
Pwnd

Too bad you wouldn't be able to use your marshadow in this game. Lol

What worest is that the game is one big rehash. Same old 1996 Gameboy gameplay and outdated 3ds graphics and animation that were bad even for 3ds standers.

Keep in mind switch is as strong as a PS3!
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:33 AM   #4
Robert L. England

Fabulous superior papers reviews update here about the popular fictional animated dram for the kids and that is pretty popular as well because of a good story. Such stores are moral based and the people able to learn through and take the message seriously.
Robert L. England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:13 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

There was a time in wich i would be excited for this game.

But, the thing is all pokemon games are the same. I might regain the will to play one again, but i have played what? Hmm 5 of them? maybe more? I played the classics but lost interest. In the DS era i played Black/white 2 and that was actually the best pokémon game i ever played. After that i played X/Y wich was meh and Saphire/Ruby remakes wich i enjoyed but was a great ending point for my journey with pokémon. I collected all pokémon i wanted on that game.
I got Pokemon Sun but ended up giving it to my niece. I couldn't get into it.

The quality of the games was never quite as good as the Black/White 2 stuff and it's just the same journey again. It gets boring. I guess people really want more than just the same low effort again.
I am burned out, really. It's not even the pokemons.