The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 11-28-2019, 12:20 AM   #1
Rubeus

Nintendo Of America President Doug Bowser's Favorite Game Ever Is Not A Nintendo Game

Is it wrong for the company bosses don't like the company's games?

Click for full size

Quote:
Nintendo Of America President Doug Bowser's Favorite Game Ever Is Not A Nintendo Title

"A deep, immersive, problem-solving game with very little dialogue."

Doug Bowser replaced the now-retired Reggie Fils-Aime as president of Nintendo America earlier this year, heading up the company at a time where the success of the Nintendo Switch has seen them go from strength to strength. Now, in an interview with his alumnus publication University of Utah Magazine, Bowser has opened up about what his favorite game of all time is. Bowser hasn't picked a Nintendo game--his choice isn't Ocarina of Time or Super Metroid, or any of the other games that are often cited.

Doug Bowser nominates the 1993 Macintosh hit Myst as his pick. "My favorite game of all time is Myst—a deep, immersive, problem-solving game with very little dialogue," he tells the magazine. "The graphics just amazed me. I finished the first three editions." However, he also can't get away without also nominating a recent Nintendo game as his favorite recent title. "My favorite game now is Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch. I’m very close to completing it and collecting all the Moons."

Myst eventually made its way to Nintendo systems, with releases on the Nintendo DS and 3DS, although these versions are not generally considered to be great ports--the 3DS version has an average score of 23 on Metacritic, while the DS release managed a 43. Myst is not available for the Switch.

Bowser also talks about his favorite movie and book. He cites The Sound of Music as his film of choice. "As a young child, I lived in Germany, and my parents would take the family to Switzerland and Austria for vacations. I loved the area. I guess that is one reason I came from New York to Utah for college." His favorite book is a very dry choice--The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz, a book about the importance of maintaining your energy to increase productivity and well-being.

We gave Myst a 8.9/10 in our 1996 review of the game, and review Jeff Sengstack wrote that "the PC entertainment timeline is divided into two segments: before Myst and after Myst."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni.../1100-6471787/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 03:34 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
Is it wrong for the company bosses don't like the company's games?
Hiroshi Yamauchi the man that set nintendo on the path of gaming industry didn't like video games and according to some of his close associates he never played any of the games his company made.

So no, I don't think so.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I know a guy who doesn't even play video games at all...…. but he went into video game designs/programming at school... He's currently making a mobile game with the ex owner of Silicon Knights. lol Perfect pair to work together. Ohhh, Ian, never change, the guy tried to tell me he made the weapon designs for Resident Evil 7 and I said, no you didn't, tries to BS me that he did, I said I have the game, not hard for me to find the credits and your name better be on there.
I never heard from him again. lol His friends tell me what he doing, they think I care.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
Paper exe
Pwnd

What did you expect from boswer?
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote