The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-13-2010, 05:56 AM   #691
darren
... lol

the senario is a mess .. the arcade is fine on and off line .. its just tekken .. total button masher with little to no skill envolved imo .. i man my 1st online game was against a guy who ha 1000/1000 achievements and i beat him .. i didn't have aclue wtf i ws doing either .. thats the problem tekken has always had, and always will
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #692
darren
... lol

the senario is a mess it has some good ideas tbh to make the game more of just the arcade ..but its a mess .. the arcade is fine on and off line .. its just tekken .. total button masher with little to no skill envolved imo .. i mean my 1st online game was against a guy who had 1000/1000 achievements and i beat him .. i didn't have a clue wtf i ws doing either .. thats the problem tekken has always had, and always will
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
Old 02-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #693
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

I think the combat system is fine, but *forcing* you to play through that god awful scenario mode was too much to bear. And the online was spotty at best.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #694
darren
... lol

it did seem odd that the scenario was the main game over the arcade .. usually that is the secondary option.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #695
Einhander

I wouldn't have minded if it weren't so damned repetitive.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:21 AM   #696
darren
... lol

repetitive does not bother me if is good ... the 3d brawler bits with the guns etc are just a mess, running on a ps2 engine
Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #697
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Ace Miles Edgeworth Attorney Investigations (or something like that) and Boxing of the Ring Legends (or something like that). Both very complete and nearly new. Miles Attorney was actually new, which is impossible to find because Best Buy doesn't stock new releases for the DS (unless it is Hannah Montana) and places like Gamestop only have opened copies unless you pre-reserve.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #698
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Just got a lot of stuff recently:

This is my THIRD time buying this film. I had the initial dvd release, the uncut dvd release, and now the BluRay. Whatever, it's worth it. $8.45 shipped from Ebay.

I like this film because my last name is Hughes and everyone always asks me if I'm related to Howard. $7.99 shipped off Amazon.

"What's the big deal?" you might say. Well, this isn't any ordinary copy of POTC, it's a steelbook. Think of it as a limited edition. I generally like steel cases, in general. In addition to being sturdier, they usually look better and are devoid of any reviewer quotes on the cover that no one really likes. The downside: They are fucking expensive since they are rare. $45, shipped off Amazon.
Click here to see the whole cover. I'm not sure if I'm going to complete the trilogy in steelbook because the other two kinda suck.

The Directors cut with 'Tales of the Black Freighter' intermixed. I was kinda upset at how they released this film for home versions. This version is definitely the closest snyder's film will ever get to the original comic, but not everyone wants to watch a live action film mixed with an animated show that, ultimately, adds very little to the film itself (in terms of the film's plot. It adds more to the graphic novel's plot though!). But whatever, I'll pick up the Director's cut as well when it's super cheap. $40, shipped at Amazon.

The Super version hasn't been announced for PC. Lame. $22, shipped at Newegg.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (Zen9 5950x, 64GB, RTX 3090), PS5
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #699
Einhander

Dammit I totally forgot Miles Edgeworth was out.

Granted I can't find Sands of Destruction anywhere, so I'm not surprised I missed this as well.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #700
Seraph
>:3

Have you ever played WA3 before? It's way better than the first 2 I think

Some recent purchases:

Pangya Fantasy Golf - Nabbed it for $5 at Toys R Us the day it was clearanced, they hadn't even gotten a chance to move it to the bargian rack. I loved the look on the cashiers face when they ring up a game with a $29.99 sticker and it shows up for 5 bucks.

Anyways, the style of Hot Shots golf turns me off but Pangya golf is a lot of fun. I needed a light simple game like this.

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - Walmart "value rack" for $10
I love me some fire emblem games, $10 for a brand name Nintendo published title is a good find.

Ace Attorney Investigations - Full price from gamestop for $30, used a gift card though
Wife is playing through this right now. Ace Attorney games have all been amazing thus far, so it's one of the few games that justify a full price purchase.

I of course purchased Sonic 3 back when it was on sale for $5 at christmas, and Sonic & Knuckles just came out monday ($8). Through the power of lock-on technology I am able to play the greatest Sonic game ever made.

Stretched widescreen just for Joe :)
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #701
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Nah, the first two Sonic games were way better. Sonic 3 and Knuckles looked like they had Donkey Kong Country fever as they are really grainy and seem to use some digitized computer models instead of hand-drawn sprites. I mean, just look at the picture of Sonic on your TV screen. What the hell happened to him? Now look at Sonic from the title screens of part 1 and 2. Look at how much more like Sonic he looks.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #702
Dj Jimmi Zero

Ganguro Gals fo Life!
Dj Jimmi Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #703
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
Sonic 3 and Knuckles looked like they had Donkey Kong Country fever as they are really grainy and seem to use some digitized computer models instead of hand-drawn sprites. I mean, just look at the picture of Sonic on your TV screen. What the hell happened to him? Now look at Sonic from the title screens of part 1 and 2. Look at how much more like Sonic he looks.
They did have DKC fever when it came to making the title screen, which seemed to carry over full throttle into Sonic 3D Blast, but the actual game doesn't give off that feel to me.

I love Sonic 3's sprites, they are my favorite rendition of Sonic. I think that was the pinnacle of his design having just the right combination of cartoon silliness and tudeŠ. Sonic today is drowning in too much tudeŠ.

There was just too much awesome about S3+K that set it apart from the other games. 3 Playable characters each with their own unique branching paths, the perfect balance of speed and platforming, save files, special stages that don't suck, unique shields including the ever awesome electric ring shield, HYPER versions, amazing music from THE king of pop himself, and I could go on all day.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #704
Rubeus

I am planning to buy one of these PS3 games: White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean 4 or Demon's Souls, which one should I get?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #705
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Actually, I hate the special stages in Sonic 3 the MOST out of any Sonic game. But I do hate them all. Sonic 1 had the best special stages but they were still chop-chop. Actually Sonic CD's special stages might be more playable but again, chop-chop. Sonic 3's special stages have this "turn-90-degrees-on-a-dime" shit that I simply cannot tolerate.

Rubeus, get Demon's Souls.