The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-30-2019, 12:09 AM   #1
Rubeus

Resident Evil 2 first week shipments top three million

Selling better than RE7.

Quote:
Resident Evil 2 first week shipments top three million

Survivor horror remake off to an excellent start.

The January 25-released Resident Evil 2 remake shipped three million units across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC worldwide in its first week of sales, publisher Capcom announced.

Here is an overview of the Resident Evil franchise and Resident Evil 2, via Capcom:
The Resident Evil franchise features survival horror games in which players utilize a variety of weapons and other items to escape terrifying situations. Cumulative sales of the games in the series now total 88 million units since the first title debuted in 1996. More than 20 years later, continuous support from the passionate fan base across the globe makes it Capcom’s flagship game series.

Originally released in 1998, Resident Evil 2 went on to achieve cumulative sales of 4.96 million units, making it the fourth best-selling game in the Resident Evil franchise. In the 2019 release, Capcom used its cutting-edge R&D facilities to build the game completely from the ground up for current-generation game platforms. In addition to visual effects, including detailed, photo-realistic graphics made possible with RE ENGINE, Capcom’s proprietary development engine, the title provides players with a fresh horror experience via audio featuring Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 and real-time sound image rendering that utilizes binaural technology. Resident Evil 2 garnered mass attention prior to release, being honored with Best of Show in the Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2018—as judged by major game media outlets from around the globe—as well as boasting over 4.7 million downloads for its “1-Shot Demo,” propelling sales to three million units worldwide in the title’s first week. Further, with Resident Evil 7: biohazard (released in January 2017) having now gone on to sell a cumulative six million units, Capcom looks to achieve similar, long-term sales for Resident Evil 2 as well.

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/resident...-three-million
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 05:07 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Good. There may be hope yet.

I am not a fan of FP survival horror games.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

They have to do a remake of RE3 Nemesis after the undoubtedly success of REmake 2.

Looking at how they reworked Mr. X, I now wish to see how they can make Nemesis relentlessly chase you around the city.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

I would rather Code veronica. It's a much better game.

RE3 was fun, but made the series lose steam cause story wise it was pretty much a side story.

I do like it a lot too though, so it's not like i'd be disappointed. It was part of the inspiration for the "Nem" nick.

They need to improve it a lot though. Especially story and length wise.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
RE3 is a side story. CV was always supposed to be RE3. But Sony bitched that Sega was getting it exclusively, so to make them happy, they changed titles for them.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote