The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #151
calintz
thank you based god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Since this one suddenly became PC only by the looks of it, SHOCK HORROR they are suddenly not interested in playing it.
but you said...
Quote:
Nah its on the consoles too.
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #152
Alucard

Yeah thats the weird thing. It was listed on consoles, even showed it running on a console, supposedly. But now theres no mention about any console release. Maybe they couldnt get it to run as well as they wanted or something, no idea. But for the moment it looks like its either PC only or console severly delayed.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #153
Zack

they most likely didn't want to delay the pc version to make a console version. it'll probably show up eventually, unless there's a publishing problem..?
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #154
Havoc2049
64-bit Interactive Multimedia System

Most likely, the game would be seriously gimped if ported to the aging consoles and the developer didn't want to comprimise the integrity of the game. The Witcher was canceled for consoles as well.
Havoc2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #155
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc2049 View Post
The Witcher was canceled for consoles as well.
i was just about to say the same thing. i don't see how they could make everything fit on a joypad either.
bujeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #156
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
CD Projekt plans to Witcher up E3 2011 with a brand new game announcement.

RPG fans might have only recently stepped back into Geralt's shoes in Witcher 2, released on May 17, but CD Projekt RED already has some more Witcher action to bring into the world. The company is getting ready to reveal a new project at E3 2011 that's Witcher-related, but not associated with a previous title in the series.

CD Projekt's Pavol Buday tweeted about the new project with little details, only saying that it'll be unveiled at E3. Fortunately, CD Projekt senior producer Tomasz Gop told Eurogamer: "I can't say anything obviously for gazillions of reasons but it is a Witcher game, and I can say that console gamers might be interested in it."

A console Witcher title called Rise of the White Wolf was announced in late 2008, but later suspended due to various issues during development. A recent report hinted that the project was back in action, and this new information seems to confirm that Rise of the White Wolf, or something similar, will be shown off at E3.

CD Projekt added that the project is not Witcher 3. "No, I'm not going to lie to you, we haven't started work on The Witcher 3," Gop said. "But it's possible we might do it in the future."

Whether it's Rise of the White Wolf or not, fans of the mature Witcher universe and console owners that have never played the series before really can't lose. And you never know, it could even be a Project Cafe title.

Source: Eurogamer
ESRB has also given a rating to the 360 version.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #157
Alucard

Would be good if this was the first game being released. Although I dont see either game being that popular on a console. Would still be good to have it released there.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #158
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

The controls on the console version of Torchlight are amazing which gives me hope they might rethink their console controls into something unique and wonderful as well. I'll still probably pick up the PC version because I've been lured to the dark side by mods and cookies, but if they do a good job with the controls I might try to get my hands on a copy and play it that way too.

+ Achievements.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #159
Alucard

You'll find achievements dont actually make the game longer or better.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #160
Vegetto
Alive

Witcher 2 actually feels like it was made for a controller, I was reading threads of people saying to try it, even if you don't believe it just try it, I did. and it seriously feels like it was made for a controller, i'm sure they'll release it on consoles eventually. it'd do pretty good I'd think.
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #161
Northeastmonk

I plugged in the 360 gamepad and it had button logos for the games mechanics. A lot of config needed for a perfect fit, but the keyboard feels better. I know some would love it all consollfied but im glad to have played both on pc. This falls lineup has competition for sure. Sadly its not of a long title like vegetto said but its worth replaying.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:35 AM   #162
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Would be good if this was the first game being released. Although I dont see either game being that popular on a console. Would still be good to have it released there.
Don't know about America but it will be in Europe. Mainland Europe console gamers will lap it up.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #163
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
You'll find achievements dont actually make the game longer or better.
People love to talk about their gaming accomplishments. Check out the games you've beat thread if you don't believe me. Achievements and trophies are just an extension of that. And it adds a nice little Pavlovian response to game-play as well.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #164
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Achievements might not make a game longer but they might make you play a game for longer if you can be bothered to try and get them. Which it seems alot of people do.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #165
Alucard

I'd rather just pull my pants down and break a table with my penis. Beat that achievement!