Old 07-26-2003, 07:44 PM   #91
gearhound1
Banned

Re: echooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally posted by ATMA
So looks like there's not alot of ANIME fans among the members
How dissapointing!!!

whoa!! i just noticed this thread. can you believe that? i absolutely love anime. i have a massive collection. i also have a lot of box sets like hellsing, X, NOIR, ARGENTOSOMA and RAhXephON. i have project arms v. 1-4 right now. have you guys watched any of that yet? it is truly bad-ass. the action really is sweet. what a great series. HELLSING is amazing!
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 07:52 PM   #92
gearhound1
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
Yea, Giant Robo is a awesome anime! One of my personal favorite. If you guys love mid-70, 80 japanese anime, this one is for you.

I wacht Spriggan this week-end. This is a really big budget anime judging by the high quality animation

And to my biggest surprise, this anime was based on the graphic novel published by Viz comic under the name "Striker" in the state.
spriggan is completely awesome. has anyone seen ghost sweeper mikami? i am going to buy that ASAP.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:59 PM   #93
gearhound1
Banned

Quote:
Anybody knows any funny manga like DIGI-CHARAT or IKETERU FUTARI? :big smile
IF YOU WANT TO TRULY LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF, WATCH GTO(great teacher onizuka). it really is very good, and it is probably the funniest anime out.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:05 PM   #94
gearhound1
Banned

Re: Guess what i found?

Quote:
Has anybody seen the animation of .HACK? Right now i'm watching them it sure good my RPG blood boiling!

I also got a few episode of Star ocean
and soon i'll get my hands on Spirited away, this animation is soooo lets say typical Miyazaki ! I also found the animation of Nausicaa ..and i was just reading the graphic-novel of this title!
Sister princess is also very funny and anybody here seen FLCL or FURIE KURIE?
I heard it's a very weird (in a good way) Manga! Anybody got info on this one?

I've also seen HELLSING! wow ..all i have to say is INCOGNITO that guy is freaky! And ofcourse ALUCARD is the best or should i say ARUCARDA ! But does anybody here knows if there's more than 13 episode?

So what anime are you people watching these days?
no, there are only 4 volumes. the box is pretty sweet.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:05 PM   #95
hgblob

Quote:
Originally posted by gearhound
IF YOU WANT TO TRULY LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF, WATCH GTO(great teacher onizuka). it really is very good, and it is probably the funniest anime out.
I disagree. I'd say Azumanga Daioh is more deserving of the title of funniest anime out
hgblob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 02:20 AM   #96
gearhound1
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by hgblob
I disagree. I'd say Azumanga Daioh is more deserving of the title of funniest anime out
never heard of it...what is it about?
Old 07-27-2003, 03:45 AM   #97
Alucard

Heres my list of the few animes I've seen recently that actually made an impression on me.

This one was a year or so back but worth watching, Ippo. I forget the full name. Bout a kid called Ippo who becomes a boxer. Action/comedy. Theres a ps2 game based off it called Victorious Boxers.

Last Exile is very new and just GORGEOUS. Sort of reminds me of a mix between Skies of Arcadia and heavy influences of Legend of the Galactic heroes. Sky combat with fleets of ships. Its VERY cool.

And Naruto is just too funny. Bout a kid called Naruto who is training to be a ninja in a village of ninjas and stuff. Action comedy, but very cool. First story arc is good, but the second one is where everything really gets cool. Thats the big tournament just so you know.

There you go. ARUCARDO'S tips.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:21 AM   #98
hgblob

Quote:
never heard of it...what is it about?
Azumanga Daioh the anime is a relatively recent series. Originally, AD was a comic strip -- the four panels variety -- done by Azuma Kiyohiko. Most people who've read the strip compare it to Charles Schultz's (sp?) Peanuts series. AD first appeared as an anime in the form of a 6-minute trailer-sized 'movie' that was shown just before Sakura Taisen: the Movie in Japanese cinemas.

Anyway, AD is about a group of girls and their days in high school. Compared to most anime high school girls, the girls in Azumanga Daioh are normal. Well... mostly normal There's nothing super-powered, demonic, robotic, or hentai about the series. It's just about the girls and the friendship they develop through their 3 years of high school.

There are a couple of nice sites about AD here:
Azumanga Daioh anime episode guide, character + cast list, and FAQ

and:
WONDERLAND

Last edited by hgblob; 07-27-2003 at 10:26 AM.
hgblob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:23 AM   #99
Alucard

The first 2 episodes of A.D. feel rather crusty cause all they really are is bits of the 4 panel comic strips put together and animated. Just doesn't have a good feel and just seems much too skippy. The rest though is excellent as it actually feels like a normal anime series.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 12:26 PM   #100
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
This one was a year or so back but worth watching, Ippo. I forget the full name. Bout a kid called Ippo who becomes a boxer. Action/comedy. Theres a ps2 game based off it called Victorious Boxers.
There's also one on the GBA wich is developed by Treasure wich I just happend to have..that game just kicks ass and the full name of the serie is "Hajimi no Ippo the fighting" ( If i'm correct)
The game is amazing very fast button smashing game, yet you have to have strategies in order to win. Fun game nontheless, I heard it's even more fun when you hook 2 GBAs with eachother and play the versus mode. It's a nice game.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:04 PM   #101
Kojiro Hyuga
Employed Slave

Anyone saw She- The Ultimate weapon??? Here I am repeating myself, but I really want to share with someone the joy of watching this breathtaking anime. One word- Memorable!
Old 07-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #102
gearhound1
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kojiro Hyuga
Anyone saw She- The Ultimate weapon??? Here I am repeating myself, but I really want to share with someone the joy of watching this breathtaking anime. One word- Memorable!
i tried to find that online, but couldn't. what is the exact title?
Old 07-27-2003, 08:46 PM   #103
Nem
Smash bro!

wow i cant believe ive nerver posted in this thread since im such a anime maniac !

Well heres what im enjoying now:

Naruto - duh! yeah its that obvious (no one can tell after seeing my avatar )! Oh and im also hooked into the manga on this one very good stuff!!

Gumdam Seed - well its the new Gundam; cant say much since i only started watching it yeaterday but i can already tell its pretty good stuff

Ghost in the Shell SAC - well... its Ghost in the shell... i guess you can see what its worth just by that (incredible quality)!

Wolfs Rain - great anime where the main characters are wolfs that can change into human form, and story about a tale that the last of the wolfs will open the path to paradise! (hard to get on the net now since it got licensed)

Im also watching the final episodes of .hack SIGN and Sonic X since im a great Sonic fan!
Also on a speacial note i advise everyone to whatch "Cowboy bebop: Knocking on heavens doors" (movie) cause i find this one to be one of the best if not the best anime movie ever mande (in my opinion)!
Old 07-27-2003, 09:37 PM   #104
Kojiro Hyuga
Employed Slave

Quote:
i tried to find that online, but couldn't. what is the exact title?
I've got the DVD, but its from Hong Kong, so probably its not out there yet, but the title writen in the box is really "She, the ultimate weapon". If you can find it, Gearhound - even if fansub- do get it!
Old 08-01-2003, 03:17 AM   #105
aneep

my update

just watched GITS SAC until ep. 12, good stuff, ep 2 was quite gory, Motoko depiction is quite incocnsistent though, in one ep. where she is with her two ahem "partners" (those who read the english manga won't notice this two girls since their part was completely left out in the english version manga, cut by the request of Shirow sensei so the manga would not get and 18+ rating) her face looks bad, but she's cute again in ep. 10

Last Exile is very beautiful, the story is nice too, last ep. watched was ep. 7
those who likes fantasy setting a la Crimson Skies should watch this

now watching St. Luminious High School, kind like a Detective Kindaichi story, but now at Ep. 7 and still no suspect(s) in sight

Matantei Loki Ragnarok, was quite bleh IMO, but it have characters based on Norse myth, which i like, oh well have to continue watching it

heh, Azumanga rocks! both the anime and the 4 panel strips (which i read first before they made the anime)
those who like this, search for the manga Yatsubato, by the same mangaka, with a Chiyo-chan look a like
fun stuff

SHE i can't watched past ep. 1, too sappy for my taste, maybe i'll try again in a couple of years

-aneep-
aneep is offline   Reply With Quote