The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 09-23-2002, 05:35 PM   #76
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Thanks for the info ..i'll keep my eye out for those to other series of Broccoli -NYU-

Last edited by ATMA; 07-11-2003 at 10:52 AM.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #77
Nindalf

LIVE, I SAY! LIVE!

Now that i revived this thread i would like to know where you people buy your Anime? Are you lucky bastards who has shops near them that sells Anime or do you order it somewhere(Online)? Thanks.

Last edited by Nindalf; 07-11-2003 at 12:20 PM.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:59 AM   #78
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Wow it's still around!

Well I go to a store here in Amsterdam, where I buy my animes,, allthough lately i've been buying alot of Japanese (cult) movies, recently I bought "VERSUS" and i'll make a review about that movie soon. Recently i'm not buying alot of animes..i'm just waiting for those who i'm familiar with and i'm waiting for Ghost in the shell 2 and Steamboy and i'm still looking around for JinRoh.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:13 AM   #79
Nindalf

So your a lucky bastard then i see.

Anyhow...Anyone seen this weird Dracula anime, with this big red deamon thing as satan and then Dracula lost his powers and fights fight bunch of zombies and stuff. Only Anime iw seen(that and Silver Fang) And it really scared me, when i was like six years old, when olnl cartoons before it was hug bears(or what ever it was called) My little pony, Uncle Scrooge etc. Even though it wasent any hard core violance it was pretty scary aftr those cartoons see Dracula bite those womens necks.

(Didint pay any attention for typos so might have some of them. Typos that is.)
Old 07-12-2003, 12:06 PM   #80
Nindalf

Sorry for the double post, but i found this finnish web site that is selling Anime, but im pretty clueless when it comes to anime so can someone tell me is there any good ones on this list?

http://www.filmifriikki.fi/

for some reason it wont give direct link to Anime so just click Anime/Manga on the left side of the screen. (And to view all click "Kaikki")
Old 07-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #81
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Lupin the 3rd series, Appleseed, Akira,Ghost in the shell,Evangelion series, Martian successor Nadisico, Metropolis, Ninja Scroll,Princess Mononoke. These are deffently good ones, and some of them classic. There are more but I haven't seen them all.

w00t these guys sells Ultraman!

hah they sell some great Japanese/Asian/HK movies. Not a bad store.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:53 PM   #82
Nindalf

Thanks ATMA :cool guy:

Too bad my DVD player is broken at the moment( beyond repair, my bro trashed it when he was drunk)

I might order some stuff when i get a new one.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #83
Robo Halloween
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Bahamut

Nobody notice how Baiken and Keshin bare some ressemblance when they talk?
Okay, I didn't read the rest of the thread to know if anyone said this or not, but the reason Baiken and Kenshin are identical is that the creator of Guilty Gear first thought that Kenshin was a girl, so he made Baiken as a fan art of Kenshin.

Well, I don't watch much anime, I only watch whatever is available on tv from time to time ( Kikaider, Lupin III, Big O ), but I do read alot of manga. My faves so far are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Lupin III, Fist of the Blue Sky, and Baki the Grappler. I also love City Hunter.
Robo Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:58 AM   #84
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Halloween
Okay, I didn't read the rest of the thread to know if anyone said this or not, but the reason Baiken and Kenshin are identical is that the creator of Guilty Gear first thought that Kenshin was a girl, so he made Baiken as a fan art of Kenshin.

Well, I don't watch much anime, I only watch whatever is available on tv from time to time ( Kikaider, Lupin III, Big O ), but I do read alot of manga. My faves so far are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Lupin III, Fist of the Blue Sky, and Baki the Grappler. I also love City Hunter.
Are you serious...? I guess I ain't crazy after all !:2happy:
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #85
insteefy
I create dead bodies

i like anime
Old 07-14-2003, 11:50 PM   #86
Vegetto
Alive

yes....I like anime as well.....anyways, who else was suprised when spirited away won on oscar....I certainly was
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:44 AM   #87
Drunken Savior

I was. I'm glad it won though. I hope this category helps animation break out of this typecast role in American entertainment. I hate that alot of people still think animation is just a discarable art form aimed to entertain children.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:06 PM   #88
vherub
filasofer

i use dvdpricesearch.com

ebay is a decent alternative, the worry is that what you are being sold is a knockoff, usually if a product is region free, (or ridiculously underpriced, such as fushigi yugi seiryu, suzaku box, and eikoden all for $30)

i would also recommend princess mononoke (misleadingly named)
jin-roh: wolf brigade is a high quality tale of intelligence and counter-intelligence
perfect blue- an ok pyscho-thriller
grave of the fireflies- wow, an awesome war movie, guranteed to leave you depressed -the 2nd disc also has cool info- in japan fireflies was released in theatres as a double feature with My Neighbor Totoro:yikes:
Old 07-15-2003, 04:08 PM   #89
Cobi*
renegade

Ya, I watch anime!

Favorite studios are Ghibli and Gonzo!

Right now I'm starting to get into this show called Narutaru.

I buy anime from amazon.com if I can't find it at Circuit City or BestBuy.
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 02:55 AM   #90
Kojiro Hyuga
Employed Slave

She- The Ultimate Weapon

I just watched one of the most memorable anime's in a while: She- The Ultimate Weapon. The story is about a guy and his girlfriend, who turns out to be the "Ultimate Weapon".

Reading this paragraph you might think "What kind of story is that"? Believe me, that was what I tought also in the first couple of episodes (I actually laughted when I first saw "The Ultimate Weapon" and tought- No, Not another Mahoromatic!!!)... And then, the story just makes a 180 degree twist. It's a story about war and more importantly, about relationships- and it is very "adult" oriented. It has a very memorable cast of supporting characters with their own personal stories- They are not there only to "fill" plot. Ever since Neon Genesis Eva that no other "serious sci-fi anime" was so fulfilling. She, The Ultimate Weapon, is up there with Eva, maybe not as "pretentious" like the former buit indeed deep, reflective and CRUEL. The "inoccence" and "purity" of Love is confronted with the inevitability of one's growth... Simply wonderfull, and one of the best anime's I've ever saw!!! (Oh, I repeated myself!)