The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #121
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,808
??

why its a good game
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #122
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!
 
zechin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,827
Is it really this generations best JRPG? Or is that stretching it a bit thin?
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #123
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,808
probebly .. considering how average JPRGS have been this year .. but its 100% the best one i've played this gen.

i struggle to see why anyone that like jrpgs would be disapointed tho
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #124
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!
 
Einhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Mysterious Far East
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Ohh, the disappointment you all face.
Um, what I've played of it so far has been great. WTF are you talking about?
__________________
Paper exe - PS3 is a great console with many good games and good features.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #125
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!
 
Einhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Mysterious Far East
Posts: 6,730
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215619p1.html

Nearly one million copies of Xenoblade were acquired in 2011. That Nintendo's epic, deep RPG is seeing that much interest from gamers on a decidedly casual-centric system is remarkable. It proves Nintendo of America shouldn't have been so timid in determining a release date, or publicly declaring its plans to support the game.

There's just one problem - those million copies were pirated, downloaded globally by gamers either too cheap to pay for the game or too scorned by Nintendo to import or wait. That most of these illegal acquisitions are coming from North America, the only territory to not actually have the game publicly available, seems a reasonable conclusion to draw.


Well, they kind of brought it on themselves, but I don't want to see this game flop either.
__________________
Paper exe - PS3 is a great console with many good games and good features.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #126
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...
 
Escaflowne2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Thetford, Norfolk, England
Posts: 17,392
Most of those cheap ass people would of downloaded it even if it was released in America at the moment. If people can get something for free they will regardless.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #127
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,808
yeep .. priates gonna priate .. just use the use delays etc to try to justify what they are doing. Like they are doing something jmust because the "man" won't give them what they want when they want .. bit lame really tbh.

hell 4 million copies of crysis 2 were downloaded last year. And for a group of people that hate MW so much (or so we are told) they downloaded 3.6 million copies of it and 3.5 million copies of BF3 .. but we still get told by some PC gamers buy all there games when good ones come out ..
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)

Last edited by darren; 01-04-2012 at 06:25 AM.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #128
Nem
Smash bro!
 
Nem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: EU
Posts: 8,801
the game has 70k + pre-orders already. Its gonna sell at least 150k.
__________________
"Only those with narrow minds fail to see that the definition of Impossible is "Lack of imagination and incentive"" - DUNE:BJ
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #129
Seraph
>:3
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 11,005
There is no way even a fraction of those million downloaders would have purchased the game if released.

Yet at the same time I would like to see this game sell. Despite it being exclusively sold at Gamestop and online, with almost non-existent advertising, it would be awesome if it hit decent numbers. In a "ha ha told you so" way to Nintendo.

Wii since it's release has been such a Catch 22. Don't publish deep games because the demographic isn't there. Don't attract that demographic by omitting deep games.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #130
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!
 
Einhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Mysterious Far East
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
There is no way even a fraction of those million downloaders would have purchased the game if released.
I don't think you can say that definitively.
__________________
Paper exe - PS3 is a great console with many good games and good features.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #131
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,808
id put a shit load of money on him being not far off tho
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #132
Ernst
Registered User
 
Ernst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Um, what I've played of it so far has been great. WTF are you talking about?
From your answer I can only assume we've got our wires crossed. I was talking about the disappointment they face when they realise Xenosaga is a game of incredible mediocrity, marred with an antiquated soundtrack; an unrelentingly boring storyline that follows the conventions of the genre to such a T that should one describe the story of the game in moderately vague terms it could be mistaken for basically any RPG/anime ever created; entirely forgettable characters- so much so that I can't remember what any of them look like or their names (and I was only playing it yesterday); atrocious dreamcast/ps2 graphics; an English voice acting cast that are describable only as abominable; and finally, of course, a game of incredibly squandered potential.

What were you talking about?
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #133
Quasar
in human form
 
Quasar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,121
I do believe we are talking about Xenoblade. Which is an entirely different game from Xenosaga.
__________________
________________________________

Nintendo Network ID: Quasar
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #134
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!
 
Einhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Mysterious Far East
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
From your answer I can only assume we've got our wires crossed. I was talking about the disappointment they face when they realise Xenosaga blablabla
What were you talking about?
Wrong system and gen.
__________________
Paper exe - PS3 is a great console with many good games and good features.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #135
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
From your answer I can only assume we've got our wires crossed. I was talking about the disappointment they face when they realise Xenosaga is a game of incredible mediocrity, marred with an antiquated soundtrack; an unrelentingly boring storyline that follows the conventions of the genre to such a T that should one describe the story of the game in moderately vague terms it could be mistaken for basically any RPG/anime ever created; entirely forgettable characters- so much so that I can't remember what any of them look like or their names (and I was only playing it yesterday); atrocious dreamcast/ps2 graphics; an English voice acting cast that are describable only as abominable; and finally, of course, a game of incredibly squandered potential.

What were you talking about?
Yes we are talking about one of the best jrpgs this gen NOT Xenosaga.

and if you did mean Xenoblade then your clearly talking our of your bum when you say .
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)

Last edited by darren; 01-05-2012 at 05:44 AM.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.