The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #1
Rubeus

Free-to-play project Titanfall Online has been canned

EA and Free to Play don't work well together.

Click for full size

Quote:
Free-to-play project Titanfall Online has been canned

Plug pulled on spin-off's development

Last year, Electronic Arts announced it was teaming with Nexon to produce Titanfall Online, a spin-off game in Respawn Entertainment's popular mech shooter series. However, it looks like the project has been shelved indefinitely.

Titanfall Online was supposed to be a free-to-play title - exclusive to the Asia territory - and has reportedly been in development for three years. However a rep for Nexon contacted website Game Focus to confirm that the decision was made to move on to other projects and direct the company's resources elsewhere.

Despite Titanfall's success, the brand's proposed spin-offs have not fared well. A tie-in card game was also cancelled at the end of 2017, leaving just mobile strategy title Titanfall Assault as the only side-project that made it to launch. Hopefully EA will pull things together for a new mainline game soon, as Titanfall 2 was pretty dang good, particularly its excellent single-player campaign.

https://www.destructoid.com/free-to-...d-512191.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
F2P can be done and without microtransactions and still make lots of money. But none of these companies want to do it.

I don't even want to say my idea cause I know it's a great idea that allows for the entire game to be free and still make money. I rather patent my idea and make the money from them! I've already begun doing it! MWHAHAHAHAHA! Patent troll Spider at your service!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote