The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 10-22-2002, 02:16 PM   #16
baratus
Elite Bouncer

First FF Crystal Chronicles, wich obviously looks more like the old FF games that the new ones, and now a probable Secret of Mana. It looks like Square plans to release on GC some of their classic games that graced the SNES (I?d love to see another Secret of Evermore).
It?d be great if it turns out that way, maybe now the GC will get some praise among Rpg lovers. Square and Nintendo working together again, who would have thought.
baratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 05:28 PM   #17
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

you're right Baratus here some new updates i've taken off the newtechnix website
Quote:
A l'occasion du Square Meeting 2002 Autumn, Squaresoft a d?voil? quelques informations int?ressantes concernant Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicle qui sortira prochainement sur GameCube. En effet, Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicle sera jouable jusqu'? 4 simultan?ment, on aura la possibilit? de connecter jusqu'? 4 Game Boy Advance sur les ports manette. Toutes les informations qui concernant l'?tat des personnages ne seront pas visibles sur l'?cran de la t?l?vision, le joueur devra donc utiliser sa console portable afin de v?rifier son ?tat de sant?, chaque joueur ne pourra pas voir les informations de ses partenaires. Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicle sera donc principalement ax? sur la communication entre les diff?rents joueurs, le jeu en coop?ration sera essentiel.
In a word Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle will be a 4-players sim.
Every infomation about your character you control [such as HP, MP, items, ect...] will be displayed on the GBA screen and not on the TV screen so players will feel obligated to communicates and cooperates between each others.
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 06:02 PM   #18
Cobi*
renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by baratus
First FF Crystal Chronicles, wich obviously looks more like the old FF games that the new ones, and now a probable Secret of Mana. It looks like Square plans to release on GC some of their classic games that graced the SNES (I?d love to see another Secret of Evermore).
It?d be great if it turns out that way, maybe now the GC will get some praise among Rpg lovers. Square and Nintendo working together again, who would have thought.
what are you talking about? ??? how does ffcc look more like the older ff games than say, ffx? ffcc is an action rpg, and unless i'm mistaken in what an action rpg is, the rest of ff (including the old ones) have been turn based rpg's. what are you basing your opinion on?

anywho, do you think this new rpg on the gc is the new network rpg that square mentioned before? i can't remember if the actually said that the network rpg was a ps2 game...
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 06:07 PM   #19
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Quote:
Originally posted by cobi40-50

what are you talking about? ??? how does ffcc look more like the older ff games than say, ffx? ffcc is an action rpg, and unless i'm mistaken in what an action rpg is, the rest of ff (including the old ones) have been turn based rpg's. what are you basing your opinion on?

anywho, do you think this new rpg on the gc is the new network rpg that square mentioned before? i can't remember if the actually said that the network rpg was a ps2 game...
In term of design, FFCC look more like those ol FF we played. With super deformed characters in a mediaval term.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:13 PM   #20
Cobi*
renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Bahamut

In term of design, FFCC look more like those ol FF we played. With super deformed characters in a mediaval term.
yeah, okay but so did ffix and it's not that old...
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 07:05 PM   #21
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Quote:

yeah, okay but so did ffix and it's not that old...
As a matter of fact make FFIX was deisgned this way on purpose. After many complaint from gamers about FFVIII being too realistic they decided to go back to their roots .
Old 10-22-2002, 10:10 PM   #22
8 bit Orgy

I think it'll be a Secret of Mana sequel. They are putting SOM on the GBA.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:24 PM   #23
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Quote:

Black Bahamut gave you my answer, FF CC looks more than the old NES and SNES FF games than the actual ones from the PS1 and PS2, more medieval if you ask me.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:45 AM   #24
blueskied

Quote:
It looks like Square plans to release on GC some of their classic games that graced the SNES (I?d love to see another Secret of Evermore).
Sorry, but Secret of Evermore was a total load of crap! :-) That was a miserable, miserable excuse for a game. It was developed by Square America, which I believe was the only game they really developed solo. Sadly Seiken Densetsu 3 was never released in America, even though it was about 1 billion times better than Secret of Evermore. Ugh. Anyway, you aren't going to see Secret of Evermore on the Gamecube, and I doubt you'll ever see it again ANYWHERE, because Japanese gamers hated it, and it wasn't developed by Square's japanese game makers.

But to each their own, yeah? :-)
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:48 AM   #25
baratus
Elite Bouncer

Quote:
Originally posted by blueskied

Sorry, but Secret of Evermore was a total load of crap! :-) That was a miserable, miserable excuse for a game. It was developed by Square America, which I believe was the only game they really developed solo. Sadly Seiken Densetsu 3 was never released in America, even though it was about 1 billion times better than Secret of Evermore.
Looks like I'm the only one on the entire planet who really liked that game, I've seen other games from Square that are miles worst than Evermore and still people like them (Saga Frontier, anyone?).
Old 10-23-2002, 09:13 AM   #26
blueskied

Quote:

Looks like I'm the only one on the entire planet who really liked that game, I've seen other games from Square that are miles worst than Evermore and still people like them (Saga Frontier, anyone?).
I don't know, I remember playing through that game (SoE) for about 30 minutes and ending up hating it. It just didn't "feel" right to me, for some reason. I didn't like the graphics, music, story, characters, etc. Anyway, since you obviously played through to the end, you're in a better position to form an opinion, and maybe it's not that bad. And you're right, there are crappier Square games out there--Final Fantasy Mystic Quest comes to mind!

cheers!
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 12:34 PM   #27
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Quote:
Originally posted by blueskied

Sorry, but Secret of Evermore was a total load of crap! :-) That was a miserable, miserable excuse for a game. It was developed by Square America, which I believe was the only game they really developed solo. Sadly Seiken Densetsu 3 was never released in America, even though it was about 1 billion times better than Secret of Evermore. Ugh. Anyway, you aren't going to see Secret of Evermore on the Gamecube, and I doubt you'll ever see it again ANYWHERE, because Japanese gamers hated it, and it wasn't developed by Square's japanese game makers.

But to each their own, yeah? :-)
secret of Evermore was made by Triangle soft, a sub-studio of Square America. They close theirs door soon after the game was realease, for obvious reason...lol !
Old 10-24-2002, 06:57 AM   #28
~Mango_Country~

while i DO believe FF:CC will sell very well around the world and especially japan, i do not believe it will be huge as some are anticipating.
I've learned my lesson for overestimating how some titles may sell, so in modesty, i'm thinking in japan FF:CC will sell approx: 800,000 units -similar to that of Kingdom Hearts imo. Although i'm confident it will easily break a million within a couple of months .

My main concern for this title though, is the story. I really hope it astounds me. It's been a while since i've enjoyed a FF title.
Oh, and the art design is stating to grow on me too.

And as for the other unnanounced Square title, i'm hoping it's Chrono Break, but more than likely it will be an Ogre Battle title. Remember Square recently bought the rights to the OB franchise from Atlus, aswell as the developers from Quest.
This would be an ideal scenario for Square. Ogre Battle will continue to appear on Nintendo consoles while Square doesn't compromise further their r'ship with Sony, seeing as Ogre Battle has always been, for the majority, a Nintendo exclusive title and has never been on psx, or ps2 (excluding the year old+ snes ports that were, well ported in the early days of the psx).

Last edited by ~Mango_Country~; 10-24-2002 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:00 AM   #29
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

hmm.. it's been a while since I last posted..

Anyway, was Secret of Evermore the one with the dog? And at the beginning in the intro it shows the boy and his dog walking down a sreet, then the dog runs ahead... and wacky time-traveling hijinks ensue?

Or was that Secret of Mana? Either way I liked them both.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:40 AM   #30
Seska

That was Secret of Evermore alright. That game was so cheap and crappy. There was even this one village in it where one of the shopkeepers was Cecil from FF4 and he blabbers a while about how happy he is living in this town as a shopkeeper with his wife Rosa, and blahblah. Ugh. Made me puke. :p