The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 11-13-2002, 05:59 AM   #1
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Zelda OoT to be included with the next Zelda for GameCube?

Quote:
Internet Mail:
"According to this week's famitsu, pre-orders for the new Zelda get a very special gift!

A disc containing:
Ocarina of Time GC (the full game, including the 64-intended "Ura" version) and Biohazard 4 / F-Zero GC
This is surely intended to create a massive ruckus around the new Zelda."
I'm pretty sure they meant footage and not the games themselves for Biohazard 4 and F-Zero GC.

-Source.

Your Thoughts?

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 06:56 AM   #2
8 bit Orgy

The source is shit. It's just a random japanese website. I search the entire site and I've have seen nothing of the sort.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:54 AM   #3
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

That does seem pretty ridiculous.. When the re-release could sell just as much as the new title...

I don't buy it.
It's probably footage, or a demo at best.

EDIT: wh0a that was a lot of spelling errors..

Last edited by l33t GAWD; 11-13-2002 at 02:15 PM.
Kid0_oIcarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:35 PM   #4
vanDestroy
Fetus X

I dont think it's true... re-release Ocarina of time for free. nah! It's probably just some demo disk blah!

AC Name: Manny, Town: Calm.
vanDestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:42 PM   #5
XzenoGear
TruE_soNy_paTriOt

I hope that this aint the big december announcment.
XzenoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:55 PM   #6
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

We'll wait and see. Ura Zelda is Ocarina of Time for 64DD with a few extra dungeons.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:58 PM   #7
XzenoGear
TruE_soNy_paTriOt

This "rumor" of a compliation disc has been going around for a while now, but the original tale being told was that it would be Ocarina, Ura-Zelda, and Majora on one disc. Not sure what happened to Majora in there, but I've got a theory (and this is all pure speculation, mind you) ...

When IGN interviewed Perrin Kaplan and Jim Merrick a while back, they asked point blank about a compilation disc featuring those three games. Perrin told them that they didn't have it quite right, but that they'd get their Zelda fix.

Now people are interpreting this to mean that Majora was dropped, and we're getting the other two. I'm looking at it a bit differently. Ura-Zelda was never released, but it was written for the 64DD, and would have been in Japanese. I'm thinking that IF the US market gets this "bonus disc", it won't be Ocarina and Ura-Zelda, since Ura-Zelda would need to be translated. We'll be getting Ocarina and Majora, since it would be a fairly simple matter to run both in emulation with the original US code. I just can't see NOA translating Ura-Zelda just to give it away. Weirder things have happened though, so I'm keeping an open mind.

Regardless, this is a fabulous development for our friends overseas. We're jealous beyond measure.

Source: planetgamecube.com
XzenoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:00 PM   #8
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Its true, OoT is coming out for GameCube

http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters...aOOT_ngc_1.jpg

We need blueskied or IoriYagami n8 to traslate that.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:33 PM   #9
blueskied

Quote:
Originally posted by Solar
Its true, OoT is coming out for GameCube

http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters...aOOT_ngc_1.jpg

We need blueskied or IoriYagami n8 to traslate that.
Holy crap! This is amazing! I read through the famitsu article publishing this news, and it's absolutely legit, for you naysayers. Here's a quick translation of the articles' contents for all you interested:

"TITLE: Nintendo makes a big move in the game wars at the end of the year!:

This is a campaign to promote "zelda: takuto of the wind", Nintendo is going all out! Preorder a copy of the new GC zelda at shops in Japan starting on November 28th, and you will be presented with a gift of a GC disc with the following on it: complete versions of "Zelda Ocarina of time" & the mysterious unreleased "Ura Zelda" (planned for the 64DD), as well as previews of Biohazard 4 and F-zero (in video form, apparently). The campaign will continue until supplies of the disc are exhausted, and will not reopen after that."

Apparently only 10,000 discs are being pressed.

I already preorded this game but now I'm going to have to cancel the preorder and RE-preorder it after November 28th so I can pick up the Zelda disc. Jeez, to think in a mere 2 weeks I can be playing Ura Zelda? I never thought that when I woke up this morning.8)

cheers!
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:39 PM   #10
Cobi*
renegade

limited?! nooo! liiiink!!!

i hope this isn't what the n64 zelda remakes rumor amounted to. there's hope yet, right?
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:40 PM   #11
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

http://www.gameforms.com/news/?596

There is another link to it. The first section talks a bit about the origins of Zelda OoT and Ura-Zelda being from the Nintendo 64 and 64DD. Ura-Zelda was not an entirely new game if I'm not mistaken but is rather more or less an upgrade with a few extra's (such as the ability to un-freeze Zora's domain.) So I doubt there would be much translation going on if hardly any. The bottom left stuff is talking about the limited platnuim Gamecube, Wavebird, and new controller colors. Aside from that it states promotion times, and talks about more things from the first paragraph. The disc will come with video of F-Zero GC and Resident Evil 4 as well. If you want anything more complete, I'll have to get back to you later. If it helps, think of Ura-Zelda like the Lord of Destruction expansion is for Diablo 2. Nothing new, but it gives you some new things to do, items, and characters. And before people assume to much, the games will likely just be n64 ports more or less, basically you can expect it to look like Animal Crossing, nice and high resolution this time, but same mucky textures. It's still extremely nice of Nintendo to include something other then NES games. I'm sure they won't really do it with SNES games as those can be ported to GBA without really having to remake them. I do hope they decide to do more of this, and in other locations.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:47 PM   #12
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Thanks guys. Nintendo needs to bring this to America. I don't like them pulling this 10,000 edition crap. ;)

So there will be new dungoens to explore as well as all the previous dungoens too? Thats awesome.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:51 PM   #13
blueskied

Sorry, I made a typo. 100,000 copies (approx.) are being made, not 10,000. That's a bit better I think.:big smile

I love Nintendo. What other company would do such a nice thing as this?

cheers!
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:59 PM   #14
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Quote:
Originally posted by cobi40-50
limited?! nooo! liiiink!!!

i hope this isn't what the n64 zelda remakes rumor amounted to. there's hope yet, right?
Yeah I wanted them to be remade with the Spaceworld 2000 graphics.. I thought that was the big hoopla about the remakes...

But hey- free gaming is good.. in Japan..

noooooooo......
Old 11-13-2002, 03:03 PM   #15
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Zelda Ocarina of Time was the reason why I bought the N64. I didn't get until 1998 when the game debut. It took me a month to play through since I don't play it was throughout the day. There are a few things I never got, the sack to hold more arrow challenge is hard, who could beat that?My favorite dungoen was the Forest and Ganon Tower, awesome puzzles to boot. But the game was kinda easy, Ganon took very little effort to beat. I'm building my anticipation for the new cel-shaded Zelda.