The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #211
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Sounds to me like they're just looking to come down on wrestlers/athletes because they've got nothing better to do than to try to bust balls. What about all the crack babies on the street?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #212
justin_credible

Well that's true about crack babies but crack babies are not famous making $$$ so they don't care. It's always about the $$$. But really look how many wrestlers are dying before the age of 50... it's way more than any legit sport. Ric Flair is the exception, dude is still doing roids now and is almost 60. He might live 2 or 3 more years, wow.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #213
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
Sounds to me like they're just looking to come down on wrestlers/athletes because they've got nothing better to do than to try to bust balls. What about all the crack babies on the street?

Look like the only time the sports world acknolegd wrestling is when it`s something negative.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:23 AM   #214
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

NoSoul, there are most certainly more drug-related deaths than steroid-related ones.

Slash, that's the way it's been since the 80's. Also, whenever wrestling is doing extremely well in the ratings, they go all-out in their attempt to demonize, sensationalize, overanalyze, demean, "disprove," and downplay wrestling.

...Meanwhile, trashy shows like Sex & The City get praised in the media for their family values and high moral relevancy...
Old 03-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #215
JBL
Aussie Gamer

Hall of Fame inductees for 2007

Dusty Rhodes.
"Mr Perfect" Curt Hennig- Inducted by Wade Boggs.
Jerry "The King" Lawler.
Nick Bockwinkel.
Mr. Fuji.
The Original Sheik.
The Wild Samoans.

This year’s ECW One Night Stand PPV has been moved to Jacksonville, Florida. Right now it doesn’t look like the show will be ECW-only by any means, just how long can they call it "One Night Stand", personally i've had enough of the "new" ECW.

Wrestlemania 24 will be held at the Florida Citrus Bowl in Orlando on the 30th of March 2008, attendance is expected to expected to exceed 70,000.

Aretha Franklin has been confirmed to open up WrestleMania 23 next weekend by singing “America the Beautiful”. Franklin also sang the song at WrestleMania 3 which was also in Detroit.

One more match added to the card for WM23- Kane Vs The Great Khali.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:40 AM   #216
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

10-1, Snitsky takes out Aretha Franklin
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #217
JBL
Aussie Gamer

It's been confirmed that Celebrity William Shatner will be the man to induct Jerry "The King" Lawler into the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame.

The pair have encountered each other previously in WWE - in 95' Shatner knocked over Lawler during an interview.
---------------------------
As part of the Wrestlemania 23 weekend, Afa and Sika will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by their sons, Samu and Rosey.
---------------------------
We are able to confirm WWE’s next film project. According to imdb.com their next movie is Jordada del muerto which is Spanish for Journey of the Deadman. WWE is currently in the beginning stages of production.

The plot for the film is being described as “a modern-day Western where gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor rule.” Patrick Hughes will be leading production along with Alfred Sapse, Joel Simon, and Vince McMahon as the executive producer.

This flick will feature superstars Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Dave Batista, and Bobby Lashley. John Milius will be the director. The film is scheduled to be released sometime in 2009.

This is the fourth film WWE has been involved with starting with See No Evil, then The Marine, and The Condemned.

1 week till wrestlemania
Source- lordsofpain.net
Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 AM   #218
JBL
Aussie Gamer

It's now officially been confirmed that Nick Bockwinkel will be inducted into the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame by Bobby Heenan.
------------------
WWE announced today that Dusty Rhodes will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by his two sons Dustin and Cody Runnels, Dustin Rhodes, isn't he Goldust?
-------------------
It was announced on WWE.com that former multiple time WWE Tag Team Champion Joey Mercury has been released from the company. Here is the WWE's official statement:

WWE.com has learned that today in Chicago, WWE officials have agreed on the immediate release of Joey Mercury

This comes at a time when Mercury was looking at a comeback with the continued reuniting of MNM on all three brand shows in the last month or so since ECW's December to Dismember. Mercury also was the one who had his nose shattered in the tag team title ladder match at Armageddon. The last match Mercy competed in on WWE TV was in a loss with Johnny Nitro to the WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick on Smackdown.

There is no word yet on why Mercury was released but we will keep you informed as more information is revealed. One has to note that the wording for his release does not match ones where the superstar and the WWE have mutally agreed to come to terms. You also need to take into account that the WWE recently conducted several "Wellness Program" tests so there could be a connection there as well.

Jim Ross is the newest inductee into the 2007 Hall of Fame.

Source- lordsofpain.net
Old 04-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #219
JBL
Aussie Gamer

I wonder who will get the main event spot, i've heard rumours of Cena & HBK.
------------------
Here are a few late Wrestlemania 23 notes courtesy of Dave Meltzer (WrestlingObserver.com):

- John Cena will have the biggest entrance on the show, something "Motor City" themed with cars.

- The Money in the Bank match will open 'Mania which pretty much shows WWE want it to steal the show and go down in history.

- The Undertaker/Batista match will likely be a "powerhouse" brawl with both extra motivated because they wanted to be the main event.

- Shane McMahon wanted to open the show with the same role that Vince did, to stand in the squared circle and perhaps introduce Aretha Franklin. His sister Stephanie wasn't too impressed with the idea and tried to bury it to anyone who would listen.

- Eugene, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, and Dr. of Style, Slick are just some of the individuals who will be in some sort of a dance contest.
----------------
10 minutes to go , will post results as soon as WM finishes.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #220
Soba
:D

LOL I LIKED HOW THE GUYS WERE HITTING EACH OTHER WITH LADDERS LOLLOLOOOLLOLOLOL
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #221
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_9tQKMfmic

This is why you have to be in peak physical condition to be a pro wrestler. Even though it's fake, if you fuck up, you get HURT BAD.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #222
JBL
Aussie Gamer

WWE Wrestlemania 23 Results

The attendance was 80,103 and the theme song was Saliva's "Ladies and Gentleman" off the "Blood Stained Love Story" Album.

Money in the Bank 3, 8 Man Ladder Match
1.Mr. Kennedy defeated Jeff Hardy, King Booker, Finlay, CM Punk, Matt Hardy, Randy Orton and Edge, during the match Edge was put on top of a ladder balancing between the Ring Apron and the outside Barrier, Jeff Hardy jumped down from another ladder in the ring and broke the ladder Edge was on in half, then the EMT's came down and put Edge on a stretcher and took him out the back, i wonder if Edge was actually injured.

Interpromotional Match
2.The Great Khali defeated Kane by Pin, the pin came after a double handed chokeslam and Khali put his foot on Kane's chest for the win.

WWE U.S Championship
3.Chris Benoit defeated M.V.P by Pin.

World Heavyweight Championship
4.Undertaker defeated Batista by Pin to become the new World Heavyweight Champion, this match was on earlier than i expected, plenty of hard hitting action throughout the match.

5.ECW Originals (Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer & R.V.D) defeated The New Breed (Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker & Kevin Thorn.)

Battle of the Billionaires, Vince McMahon Vs Donald Trump, Loser gets his head shaved bald, Special Guest Ref- Stone Cold Steve Austin.
6.Bobby Lashley defeated Umaga by Pin, after the match Austin hit the Stunner on Trump.

Lumberjill Match for the WWE Woman's Championship
7.Melina defeated Ashley by Pin, personally for me this match was a waste of time.

WWE Championship
8.John Cena defeated Shawn Michaels by Submission, seeing the finish to this match reminded me of last year's Wrestlemania Main Event, when Cena defeated HHH by Submission, before the match started a fan jumped into the ring.

Last edited by JBL; 04-02-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #223
Soba
:D

Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #224
B.B. Gambini
Banned

i seen shawn michaels vs. some dude the other day, cant believe he still wrestles, i remember he beat bret hart and took his belt, man that pissed me off
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #225
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B. Gambini
i seen shawn michaels vs. some dude the other day, cant believe he still wrestles, i remember he beat bret hart and took his belt, man that pissed me off
Yeah Bret Hart was one of my favorites. Him and Sting back in the day. They both had the same finishing move too.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote