The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 09-25-2006, 02:49 AM   #136
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Hmmm...I wonder how long he's gonna last on there.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 AM   #137
JBL
Aussie Gamer

Kurt Angle speaks on joining TNA and his thoughts on WWE

?Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being a part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is not only on the rise ? not only going to be the number-one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time ? but TNA gives me an opportunity to spread my wings. This company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the ?real? back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don?t feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do ? real wrestling ? and that?s what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It?s only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being a part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That?s real?that?s damn real."
-------------------
It was announced tonight at the TNA Impact tapings that Kurt Angle will be the special ringside enforcer during the Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett main event at the 'Bound for Glory' PPV on October 22nd, 2006.
------------------
WWE will have a special three-hour Family Reunion edition of RAW on October 19th. The reunion will celebrate the show's one year anniversary since returning to the USA Network. The special will include talent from all three WWE brands. Below are a list of superstars that have been confirmed for the broadcast thus far:

ECW: Rob Van Dam, ECW World Champion Big Show
SmackDown: WWE World Champion King Booker, Bobby Lashley, Sharmell, Finlay, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, WWE United States Champion Ken Kennedy, William Regal, and the Undertaker

Could this be the start of a Raw Vs Smackdown Vs ECW Feud for Survivor Series?
I remember last year's Raw Vs Smackdown Match at the Survivor Series.
---------------------
The U.S. Marshals Task Force issued a press release stating that former WWE superstar Rikishi (born Solafa Fatu, Jr.) was arrested Monday. According to the document, the 6 foot 2 inch, 400 pound wrestler was taken into custody without resistance. An arrest warrant was issued on September 1st due to him failing to appear at a show cause hearing, carrying a charge of civil contempt. Fatu is currently in the Escambia Country Jail pending his hearing in federal court.
---------------------
WWE Raw Results

Woman's Championship Tournament 1st Match
1.Lita defeated Candice Michelle by Pin.

Intercontinental Championship
2.Kane defeated Johnny Nitro by DQ.

3.Ric Flair defeated Mikey by Pin.

3 Team Gauntlet Match
4.DX defeated Highlanders by Pin
DX defeated Charlie Haas & Viscera by Pin
Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated DX by DQ.

5.Jeff Hardy defeated Shelton Benjamin by Pin.

6.Super Crazy & Carlito defeated Randy Orton & Chris Masters.

No Holds Barred (Cena wrestles with one arm tied behind his back)
7.John Cena defeated Lita by Pin.

Edge Invoked his rematch clause, so it will be John Cena defending his WWE Championship against Edge in a Steel Cage Match next week.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #138
JBL
Aussie Gamer

Rey Mysterio is scheduled for knee surgery after No Mercy.
-------------------
There have been on-and-off talks of putting Hass and Benjamin back as a team on RAW to get involved with the tag titles. However, WWE management is sour on Benjamin?s promo abilities and are holding back on pushing him because of it.
-------------------
With DX needing another opponent to feud with, the possibility of a feud with the nWo seems better than ever. The word around WWE is that if the feud was to happen it would only last for a month or two and it would depend on several factors.
-------------------
2 additions and 1 change to No Mercy Card
Montel Vontavious Porter makes his debut, against who i don't know yet
Gregory Helms Vs Matt Hardy
Mysterio Vs Guerrero is now a Falls Count Anywhere Match
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #139
JBL
Aussie Gamer

Joey Mercury, formally in the tag-team MNM returned to the ring this weekend in Ohio Valley Wrestling. Mercury has had several months off to deal with personal issues. With his other partners, Johnny Nitro and Melina now with the RAW brand, it is unlikely he will reunite with them. ECW or SmackDown could be possibilities for the superstar.
----------------
Speaking of returns, The Gymini are set to return to SmackDown this week. Twin brothers, Mike and Shane Todd have both been working down in Deep South Wrestling.
----------------
In a rather funny note, WWEShopZone.com has released a Boogeyman Halloween package. The package contains a Boogeyman t-shirt, mask, and necklace. Not the best timing on WWE?s part, considering they released the superstar just a few weeks ago.
---------------
Four-piece nu-metal recording artists, Papa Roach announced today through a press release that their new single ??.To Be Loved? will become the new weekly theme song for WWE?s Monday Night RAW. Drummer Dave Bucker was quoted as saying "We're stoked that the WWE liked this track enough to use it every week." Bucker also states that "WWE fans are passionate and I think our song is going to fit perfectly with them."
--------------
Chris Benoit has been placed on the SmackDown schedule to work house shows the weekend of November 4th-5th in Michigan. If everything goes as scheduled, Benoit will then be written back into the storyline.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:40 AM   #140
JBL
Aussie Gamer

WWE Raw Results

Texas Tornado Match
1.DX defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, Viscera & Charlie Haas and the Highlanders.

Intercontinental Championship
2.Jeff Hardy defeated Johnny Nitro by Pin to become the new IC Champion.

3.Umaga defeated Snitsky by Pin.

4.Randy Orton defeated Carlito by Pin.

5.Sgt. Slaughter defeated Nicky (Spirit Squad) by Pin.

Woman's Championship Tournament 1st Round, 2nd Match
6.Mickie James defeated Victoria by Pin.

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
7.John Cena defeated Edge by Pin.
-------------------------
Kane Vs Umaga in a loser leaves Raw Match next week at the Raw Family Reunion.
------------------------
Main Event changed for No Mercy, it is now a Fatal-Fourway Match, King Booker Vs Lashley Vs Batista Vs Finlay.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #141
Sk8_or_DIE
PUMP IT

I watched the cena vs. egde fight...imo it was quite lame. Give Edge the belt and let him start a feud with some one else.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 AM   #142
JBL
Aussie Gamer

Current No Mercy Card

Fatal Four-Way match for the World Heavyweight Championship
King Booker vs Bobby Lashley vs Batista vs Finlay

Mr. Kennedy vs The Undertaker

Falls Count Anywhere match
Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio

Montel Vontavious Porter vs ???

Gregory Helms vs Matt Hardy

WWE Tag Team Championship
Paul London and Brian Kendrick vs KC James and Idol Stevens

Not exactly the best PPV card i've seen.
--------------------
It has been reported by the Wrestling Observer newsletter that Marty Wright, otherwise known as "The Boogeyman" has been re-hired by the WWE. This is according to a recent interview that King Booker conducted for The Fight Network, who confirmed that Wright has been rehired.

Boogeyman was released from his WWE contract on September 20th and recently announced he is leaving behind wrestling to pursue a career in acting in halloween movies. At this moment in time, it has not been officially confirmed by the WWE but an announcement is forthcoming next week.
-------------------
I was looking through WWE.COM and i found a link for the Japanese WWE Site- link

Last edited by JBL; 10-06-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #143
JBL
Aussie Gamer

WWE No Mercy Results

1.Matt Hardy defeated Gregory Helms by Pin, both Hardy and Helms are from North Carolina, Hardy from Cameron and Helms from Raleigh, Hardy hit the Twist of Fate to secure the Pin.

WWE Tag Team Championship
2.Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated KC James & Idol Stevens.

3.M.V.P defeated Marty Garner by Pin, It was put up or shut up time for M.V.P leading into his debut match, for a self proclaimed future Hall of Famer he has a long way to go if the only people he defeats are no name jobbers.

4.Mr Kennedy defeated Undertaker by DQ, Taker hit Kennedy with the U.S. Championship belt to cause the DQ, after the match he Tombstone Piledrive'd the Ref.

Pinfalls Count Anywhere
5.Rey Mysterio defeated Chavo Guerrero by Pin.

6.Chris Benoit defeated William Regal by Submission, this was a big surprise for me, seeing Benoit return for No Mercy, showed no signs of ring rust, defeated Regal with the Crippler Crossface.

Fatal Fourway Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
7.King Booker defeated Finlay, Lashley and Batista, Batista used the Batista Bomb (for those who don't know is a Sit Down Powerbomb) on Finlay, Lashley then Speared Batista allowing Booker to cover Finlay.
----------------
Next PPV- Cyber Sunday, November 5th, after that the Survivor Series, November 26th from the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia.
----------------
Raw Family Reunion tomorrow night, as far as i know we only get the regular 2 hour program even though it goes for 3.

Last edited by JBL; 10-25-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #144
JBL
Aussie Gamer

Possible WWE Cyber Sunday main event spoiler

Advertising has already begun for WWE?s November pay-per-view, Cyber Sunday! Being advertised for the main event is ECW World champion Big Show vs. WWE World champion Booker T vs. WWE champion John Cena. However, it should be noted these advertisements are shot several weeks in advance so plans could change. Cyber Sunday will take place from Ohio on November 6th.
-------------------------
WWE apologizes for accidental nudity on No Mercy

WWE issued a statement regarding its accidental airing of nudity on the No Mercy telecast:

"World Wrestling Entertainment would like to apologize to anyone who watched WWE No Mercy and was offended by the William Regal locker room incident. Conduct of this kind is unacceptable in a family-friendly environment, and WWE accepts full responsibility. Nudity of any kind, even in a live television environment, is offensive to our audience and to the reputation of our company."
Old 10-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #145
justin_credible

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible
On Monday afternoon, new TNA star Kurt Angle arrived in Orlando, Florida for his debut for TNA Wrestling! Watch Kurt?s first moments as he arrives at the arena ? courtesy of TNAwrestling.com! Then, tune in this Thursday night on ?iMPACT!? on SpikeTV at 11PM for Angle?s first comments since joining Total Nonstop Action! You won't want to miss what the new TNA star has to say about his former employer!

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=899

Pretty cool clip, he meets up with Rhyno, A.J. Styles and others.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #146
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

I actually squeed when Irwin R Shyster came out.

Took me back to when I was little.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:24 AM   #147
JBL
Aussie Gamer

WWE Raw Family Reunion Results

Loser Leaves Raw
1.Umaga defeated Kane by Pin.

Interpromotional Match
2.Big Show defeated Jeff Hardy by Pin.

Street Fight
3.DX defeated Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch.

Interpromotional Match
4.Chris Benoit defeated Shelton Benjamin by Submission.

Smackdown 6 Man Tag Match
5.Batista, Bobby Lashley & Rey Mysterio defeated Finlay, William Regal & Chavo Guerrero.

Woman's Championship Tournament 1st Round, 3rd Match (Lumberjack Match)
6.Melina defeated Torrie Wilson by Pin.

Interpromotional Match
7.King Booker defeated R.V.D by Pin.

8.Ric Flair defeated Mitch (Spirit Squad) by Submission.

Interpromotional Match
9.John Cena Vs Undertaker- No Contest.
----------------------
The local advertising in Philadelphia PA during last night's edition of Monday Night RAW, was promoting a RAW vs. ECW vs. Smackdown team match for WWE Survivor Series 2006.

The wrestlers involved for RAW will be WWE Champion John Cena, Triple H & Shawn Michaels; taking on the Smackdown combo of World Champion King Booker, Rey Mysterio & Batista; going against the ECW team comprised of ECW World Champion Big Show, Rob Van Dam & Sabu.
-------------------
Cyber Sunday Poster
-------------------
Survivor Series Poster
--------------------
New Raw Theme Song

Last edited by JBL; 10-11-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:42 AM   #148
Slash
BUTTOUT!

source: PWInsider.com

John Cena was on ESPN2's talk show Cold Pizza earlier this morning. Cena and the host started to discuss MLB player AJ Pierzynski and clips were shown of him wrestling in TNA. All of a sudden, Pierzynski came out and started talking trash with Cena. Pierzynski also happened to have the TNA X Division Championship belt with him - which was given to him by AJ Styles. Cena and Pierzynski held the titles side by side. Cena then said that he thought he had seen the X Division Championship belt in a gumball machine outside.

Even though Kane is technically off the RAW roster, his bio page still remains on WWE.com. He is scheduled to join SmackDown whenever he is set to return.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #149
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:34 AM   #150
JBL
Aussie Gamer

SmackDown superstar arrested for auto theft/fleeing police

SmackDown superstar Psicosis (Dionicio Castellanos Torres) was arrested Monday night at 10:25PM Eastern. Allegedly the superstar stole a car from 23 year old Alexander Valencia Ramirez of Rosarito, Baja California.

According to El Mexicano, a Mexican newspaper, Psicosis asked to borrow Ramirez? black Mitsubishi vehicle and promised to return it. Apparently Ramirez refused and Psicosis proceeded to pull a gun wrapped in a towel and took off in the vehicle.

Police were called and setup roadblocks to try and apprehend the superstar. When Psicosis ran up on one of the road blocks he ran through it striking several cars with one containing a pregnant woman. The chase went on for a few miles, but Psicosis was eventually taken into custody. The pregnant women he hit, Yesenia Sara? Mej?a Lopez, was treated by paramedics at the scene but was unharmed.

Psicosis has been with the SmackDown brand since June 2005 and was last seen on the July 21st edition. Lately he has not been used, since their has not been an angle for him.
------------------------
WWE?s RAW Family Reunion special this past Monday did a 3.8 cable rating with a 6.0 share. This is the best RAW rating in several weeks. The hour by hour break down was: 3.2, 4.2, 4.0. WWE officials are said to be very pleased with the rating.
----------------------
WWE.com has put up the following tease about this week?s SmackDown:

"Friday night on SmackDown, viewers will witness the unbelievable events that unfolded in a Triple Threat Match to become the No. 1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Lashley, Finlay and Batista squared off for the right to challenge for King's Booker's gold at next week's show. Wait until you see you who walks out of Jacksonville, Fla. as the No. 1 contender. Also, SmackDown commentators Michael Cole and JBL will be joined on commentary by a very special guest."