The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #2896
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!
 
spider-prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Posts: 22,320
Already do, I love Hunter X Hunter, but I'm only up to volume 10 so far I'm getting volume 11-14 very soon weeeeeeeeeee.

I just got volume 13-14 of Berserk today and Ergo Proxy dvd 1 and 2.

Now I have to wait for the big screen TV to not be in used so I can watch them.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #2897
Vegetto
Alive
 
Vegetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsofherwomb
http://www.thehawks.org/ might be in someones general interest.

http://www.evil-genius.us/


berserk ch 281 is out =x
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #2898
Arnold
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
The "craft"? You mean animating drawings of cartoon characters with big eyes, which has become completely unoriginal, uninspired, hampered by them making a billion different (but really all the same) series in order to commercialize it to hell? Yeah, that's some craft alright. But if that's your thing I can't complain. Anime hasn't been good for over a decade.
That’s why cynicism and anime don’t mix, and why you need a certain amount of imagination, humor, and open-mindedness to appreciate the craft. And if anime isn’t craft, what is craft? And since you're speaking of generalities, tell me any craft that has been existing for some time that isn't commercialized to hell? If you ask me (and since I consider video games as craft), Nintendo is one of the best commercializators out there, and does that in any way make you condemn the company in unqualified terms and forever and ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
I enjoyed Speed Grapher, though it got its share of critism. It was nice to see a darker show with an adult protagonist. Animation quality drops after the first few episodes, though.

The latter was, if I recall correctly, a romance anime that I didn't get into (not unusual, since I don't particularly care for the genre).
Thanks.

"Speed Grapher" it is for me then. I like dark. I think I can live with a drop in animation quality. Not really particular with such if the mood and story grabs me. "100 Stories" isn't exactly awards material as far as animation is concerned, but it is one of my all time favorites.

I was half afraid "Ayashi No Ceres" was romance anime. Not that I think it is bad in itself since some animes I like are of the type, e.g., "Millenium Actress" which is just sublime, but I generally prefer dark, violence, and blood. Comedies, too. I'll take a raincheck on that one for now.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #2899
BleedingWulf
Registered User
 
BleedingWulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
Already do, I love Hunter X Hunter, but I'm only up to volume 10 so far I'm getting volume 11-14 very soon weeeeeeeeeee.

I just got volume 13-14 of Berserk today and Ergo Proxy dvd 1 and 2.

Now I have to wait for the big screen TV to not be in used so I can watch them.
Download them man. Theres like 260+ Chapters now...It might never have a true ending since the artist is dying of a terminal disease...
BleedingWulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #2900
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone
 
fruitsofherwomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dezolis
Posts: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto
http://www.evil-genius.us/


berserk ch 281 is out =x
Get Koroshiya 1 Manga its only 10 volumes. Sorta sick sado stuff, odd story. Though don't recommend for 18 and under.

My avatar is from that Manga.
__________________
^ disregard that, I suck Cock.
fruitsofherwomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #2901
BleedingWulf
Registered User
 
BleedingWulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28
Also read Gantz its friggin sick.
BleedingWulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #2902
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!
 
spider-prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Posts: 22,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingWulf
Download them man. Theres like 260+ Chapters now...It might never have a true ending since the artist is dying of a terminal disease...

huh? who? Berserk creator or Hunter X hunter creator? I know HxH guy has been sick, but didn't know from what?

I hate downloading mangas also. Can't stand reading them on a monitor. I only do it for mangas that haven't come out over here or ones that are heavily edited like Tenjyo Tenge in their release over here. DAMN YOU DC COMICS!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:09 AM   #2903
Icarus4578
Deal with it.
 
Icarus4578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
That’s why cynicism and anime don’t mix, and why you need a certain amount of imagination, humor, and open-mindedness to appreciate the craft. And if anime isn’t craft, what is craft? And since you're speaking of generalities, tell me any craft that has been existing for some time that isn't commercialized to hell? If you ask me (and since I consider video games as craft), Nintendo is one of the best commercializators out there, and does that in any way make you condemn the company in unqualified terms and forever and ever?
"A spoonfull of salt in a cup of water makes it undrinkable. A spoonfull of salt in a lake is almost unnoticeable." It has nothing to do with cynicism and everything to do with lack of imagination. What they need is for people to dare to be different, to stand apart from the crowd, to imagine things that never were. It's blatantly obvious that all of the anime in production now isn't done with the same passion as stuff like City Hunter, Project A-ko, Golgo 13, Maison Ikkoku, and so on and so forth. Everything is BORING to watch, with squeaky clean coloring done by CG which makes everything look phony and lackluster art in contrast with what anime used to be: quality. As far as Nintendo is concerned, they still manage to make quality games like Zelda, and although they do make a ton of filler, I don't buy the filler so that disqualifies your argument. At least they can still manage to produce good games. The anime conglomerates can't make a good anime, and most of it is outsourced anyway, so it's not even Japanese-done. The lack of passion occured because all they're interested in is mass-production in order to make a quick buck, not to tell a good story.
__________________
Turn on the difference.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #2904
BleedingWulf
Registered User
 
BleedingWulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
huh? who? Berserk creator or Hunter X hunter creator? I know HxH guy has been sick, but didn't know from what?

I hate downloading mangas also. Can't stand reading them on a monitor. I only do it for mangas that haven't come out over here or ones that are heavily edited like Tenjyo Tenge in their release over here. DAMN YOU DC COMICS!
HxH creator is dying of a terminal disease....

I like downloading manga better since its free and reading it on a monitor to me is better.
BleedingWulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #2905
Decado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
but I generally prefer dark, violence, and blood. Comedies, too. I'll take a raincheck on that one for now.
Hehe. Me too. It's all about funny or violent anime. I find most anime drama tends to become melodramatic and childish. Seems to be a bit of dry spell going on, and subbing is slow, too.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #2906
Arnold
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
@Icarus = I just don't see the low quality or lack of passion you speak of. Still, I only watch what interests me, and what I've seen always pleases me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
Hehe. Me too. It's all about funny or violent anime. I find most anime drama tends to become melodramatic and childish. Seems to be a bit of dry spell going on, and subbing is slow, too.
The occult, folklore, and horror also interest me--I enjoyed Ghost Stories to the hilt. Sadly, I can only find a few titles in that area.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:22 AM   #2907
Icarus4578
Deal with it.
 
Icarus4578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,550
Maybe because you don't hold them to any particular standard.

What I like isn't predicated on where it comes from.
__________________
Turn on the difference.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #2908
Arnold
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 733
I usually have only one criteria for anime: that they interest me. I don't hold much importance to other factors.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #2909
Icarus4578
Deal with it.
 
Icarus4578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,550
Wish I knew what you saw in them. The recent ones anyway. I tried watching so many of them and none of them could hold my interest beyond one episode.
__________________
Turn on the difference.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #2910
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...
 
Escaflowne2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Thetford, Norfolk, England
Posts: 17,474
I'm with Arnold I don't see how the quality now is any different from the 90's, but then again
i don't think to much about the animation and that kinda things. Just weather it's funny and/or it has a interesting story and characters.

Because I know what I like there's very few series' I will start watching and not finished Super Robot Wars TV was most likely the most recent one. Maybe you just getting bored with the style and the way anime is done?
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.