The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-03-2019, 11:05 PM   #1
Rubeus

Forever Entertainment announces The House of the Dead: Remake 1 & 2

Wonder how they are going to solve the light gun issue, no one's going to buy the game if you need to buy a peripheral just to play these games.

Quote:
Forever Entertainment announces The House of the Dead: Remake and The House of the Dead 2: Remake

Platforms and release dates not announced.

Forever Entertainment has signed a contract with Sega to develop and release remakes of The House of the Dead and The House of the Dead 2, the company has confirmed.

At this time, Forever Entertainment did not confirm platforms or release dates, nor did it share any additional information.

Polish website Graczpospolita first reported on the remakes on September 25, but there was no confirmation of the remakes from any of Forever Entertainment’s official channels. Gematsu reached out to the company several times to confirm the remakes, which were officially announced today.

While not confirmed by Forever Entertainment, the Graczpospolita story also mentioned the following details:
  • Both titles will be developed by MegaPixel Studio, and the first entry is due out before the end of 2020.
  • Both titles will feature new graphics to suit modern standards and slightly modified gameplay, while fully preserving the original scenarios.
  • A look at the first game will be shared in the coming months.

It should be noted that Forever Entertainment and MegaPixel Studio are also developing the previously announced Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The first game is due out this winter for Switch. While exclusivity is still uncertain, other platforms have yet to be announced.

https://gematsu.com/2019/10/forever-...-dead-2-remake
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
The other house of the dead ports on the PS3 just used analog sticks to play them, probably be the same here and if they're on the switch, probably even use the touch screen or motion controls.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Yeah... should be fine on the switch with motion controls.

But do keep in mind that these games have bundled in the past with light guns. Though i don't see it happening with a remaster.

Last edited by Nem; 10-04-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

A dude invented a lightgun that works on modern tv's. Basically it runs in conjunction with compatible emulators and it puts a white line around the egde of the screen to help the gun track its position.

edit, found a link for anyone who wants to check it out.

http://www.sindenlightgun.com/

Ohh another edit. He's apparently making a hardware mod that will let it work with original consoles.

When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote