The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #16
bujeezus

gave the demo a shot and didn't care for the "corridor" levels. i liked the openess of the first ds much more. matter of fact this demo made me want to reinstall the first an play it instead...
bujeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #17
Alucard

Quote:
Also, there's an interview about the game on Eurogamer.net where Nathaniel Chapman talks of enhancing the PC controls of this once-PC-exclusive franchise: "If there are PC gamers who are having a negative reaction it's less about what the combat is, it's more how the combat controls," the game's lead designer told them. "Actually this is one thing I would have liked to have spent more time on, and we are actually spending time on now. Basically, as long as PC gamers have a good way to control the combat they will enjoy it. One review - I can't remember which - said if you play with a game pad the combat is great, so right now we're working on improving the PC controls through an update."
Good going square. Forced them to make it with a controller in mind. Wankers. Good thing obsidian are focusing on this and fixing it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #18
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Well of the course there going to focus on the consoles looking at the charts the XB360/PS3 versions are leaving the PC version in the dust. In the UK at least and it's most likely quite similar in America too.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #19
Alucard

Havent seen any sales figures. But the sales for consoles will always be high at the start and then drop sharply. But either way thats no excuse to focus on one control scheme. If you're gonna do that why bother release it on the pc? I mean unlike the console gamers, if you fuck over the pc gamers they dont actually come back for your sequel, so they're harder to keep. You put a little extra effort in, and by effort I mean make the controls not shit, and you keep your market. Quite a few devs can attest to that. Warren Spector for example. Molyneux is another.

Anyway, point is have some respect for your own creation.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote