The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 12-01-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
Alucard

Aspyr gets rights for Gothic III distribution in NA

Quote:
Aspyr Media today announced it has acquired the rights from JoWood to publish and distribute Gothic III in North America. As the third part of this globally successful role-playing saga, Gothic III offers players a nonlinear, open-ended role-playing game with an enthralling story that presents an extremely detailed simulation of nature and human behavior. Developed by Germany?s Piranha Bytes/Pluto13, Gothic III will be released in the first quarter of 2006 for the PC at a SRP of $39.99.

For players who can?t wait until Spring for more Gothic action, Aspyr released Gothic II Gold yesterday, which features the original game plus its expansion pack, Gothic II Night of the Raven. Gothic II Gold is available for an SRP of $19.99.

?The Gothic brand has a large and loyal following who appreciate the great variety of action and adventure that the series offers players,? said Ted Staloch, VP of Aspyr Media. ?Gothic III lets players continue their adventures in the game?s endless world, which features countless side quests along with varied characters, spells and weapons.?
Whats this? A legendary rpg coming out for just under $40? But I thought paying $60 for next gen console games was normal! Wheres your god now 360 whores!

Aaah....that felt good. Had to get one in in any form. Either way, GET THIS when it comes out. hmm..screenshots screenshots....nah, you lot should know of this game by now. Otherwise go google!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Decado

Aspyr Media may be better than Strategy First, but I'm still concerned. Expect massive cost cutting. These guys are budget no-name peddlers.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
Alucard

I've seen games come from budget studios that out did huge wealthy studios. I aint concerned at all.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:56 AM   #4
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
I've seen games come from budget studios that out did huge wealthy studios. I aint concerned at all.
That makes no sense at all. Aspyr is the *publisher*. They they don't have a studio.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #5
Alucard

oops misread that. Well still wouldnt worry about it. From the media and info the developers released, it looks like it'll be better then the second one with way more stuff. Publisher will just toss out a box with a black and white manual.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #6
Decado

...and quite possibly a horrible translation, which can ruin a PC-RPG (not that I particularly like the idea of an RPG with a thin, black and white manual).
Old 12-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #7
Alucard

I demand you be less negative!