The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
Alucard

Titan Quest

Quote:
From the co-creator of Age of Empires, Brian Sullivan, comes an all-new action role-playing game set in the mythical worlds of ancient Greece and Egypt. Amazing visuals and fast-action gameplay deliver a true cinematic gaming experience. Lush ancient world settings crafted in near-photo realistic detail provide the player with an extraordinary canvas on which to set forth on an epic quest of the ultimate good versus evil.

The Titans, gods before the gods, have escaped from their eternal prison to wreak havoc on the world. In this titanic struggle between old and new gods it is the heroes of humankind who will ultimately determine the fate of all existence. The player quests throughout the ancient world in a race to uncover the secrets needed to once again imprison these ancient gods. Journeying to fabled locations such as the Parthenon, the maze at Knossos, the Great Pyramids, and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the player will have to overcome terrifying monsters and mythical beasts.

A flexible class system allows almost limitless ways for the player to develop their character. Skills can be customized in many ways, and never become obsolete. With addictive, fast action gameplay and tons of unique loot, epic gaming has never been so good.

Brave the trials of Titan Quest alone or bring a group of friends to share the glory while playing through the thrilling story-driven campaign.

# Epic adventuring in the ancient world
# Stunning 3D graphics, with an amazing level of detail and realism
# Addictive, fast-action gameplay
# Custom, definable character classes and modifiable skills
# Streaming, seamless world
# Over a thousand pieces of unique and legendary equipment

http://thq.com/game.asp?1148|49246

Yummy!!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
Paper exe
Pwnd

I hate the characters design.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
Nindalf

Yes, I think they look too much like ancient Greeks and Egyptians. That's so ancient.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
Alucard

Yeah pretty crappy. I was hoping they'd be fat plumbers myself.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
Seska
Slurp

Chara design is pretty ****ty, reminds me of EQ2. :p Lovely envioronmental lighting and effects, though.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
Alucard

What exactly is ****ty about them? They look the standard fair for isometric action/rpgs. Good detail, not blocky etc. And the clothing represents that era. I guess you'd prefer them to look like fantasy rejects from guild wars or something :p
Old 05-11-2005, 04:22 AM   #7
Seska
Slurp

If you really thing the chara design in this is better than GW, youre a bisaed whore. Get your eyes checked.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:08 AM   #8
Alucard

Thats right, this isnt an mmorpg but an isometric action/rpg adventure. Expecting the models to be fleshed out and super spiffy is dumb. They represent, for a realistic time period, character models as good as any other game in the same style. Remember, alot of the time what makes these games is the animation and not how uber awesome the character model is.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #9
Nindalf

Do they fix pipes in it? Or aqueducts, now that we're all ancient.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:01 AM   #10
Seska
Slurp

Uh-huh, so being an ARPG is an excuse for crappy chara moddels? Ooooookaaaay... :p
Old 05-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #11
Alucard

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the character models. I dont know what games you've been playing, but all ARPGs pretty much have the same look to them. Again its going to have to be stressed that these are based off reality. I'm pretty sure the moment you see them in motion and their animations somehow end up being brillaint, you'll change your tone.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:31 AM   #12
Seska
Slurp

Not really, why play a sinleplayer dungeon hack when I have Guild Wars and doubtlessly the endless stream of expansions it will spawn?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #13
Alucard

Because one comes with weak story and the other is made specifically with a story that revolvesa round the character? Its like saying why play Suikoden 3 when you have FFX-2. One is for the more braindead gamer who gets easily distracted.

WOOT! I think thats my 100th post on trashing an FF game. Wheres my fucking prize.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #14
Seska
Slurp

Guild Wars weak story?

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, how about you play the game and then form an opinion about it? :p

And are you seriously comparing Titan Quest to Suikoden 3 in terms of story? Really? Please do enlighten us with the details of this games Rich Storyline, I am sure you have been able to hone your story reading skills far beyond what the pres release offers.

To me it looks nothing more than a generic dungeon hack with pretty graphics, set in greece.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #15
Alucard

So you're going to sit there and tell me that because I haven't played Guild Wars that it is indeed NOT an MORPG that focuses on combat and character skill advancement and the only stories you find are the little quests you do? I guess I am proven wrong!

My example of suikoden 3 was in terms of story amount. Guild wars is to FFX-2 where Titan Quest is to Suikoden. Its a very loose tongue in cheek example. But there is no way you are going to sit there and tell me that guild wars will have a stronger focus on story then a game that actually ends.