The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-14-2018, 12:56 AM   #1
Rubeus

Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Assume all of these are on MAME already? Despite I have never played them all.

Quote:

Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Includes seven side-scrolling beat 'em ups.

Capcom has announced the Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. It will launch digitally on September 18 in North America and Europe, and September 20 in Japan.

In Japan, the game is known as Capcom Belt Action Collection and will also get a retail release on PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 6. The standard physical edition will cost 3,300 yen, while a Collector’s Box including a copy of the game, arcade version reissue B2-size tapestry set, and an arcade version reissue instructions post card set will cost 5,800 yen.

Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle is a collection that includes Final Fight (1989), Captain Commando (1991), The King of Dragons (1991), Knights of the Round (1991), and Warriors of Fate (1992), and for the first time ever on consoles, Armored Warriors (1994) and Battle Circuit (1997).

Here is the official fact sheet:

Specs

Genre: Action
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam)
# of Players: Up to 4 players
Release Date: September 18, 2018
Pricing: $19.99 MSRP
Rating: T for “Teen”
Developer: Capcom
Publisher: Capcom

About

Seven side-scrolling arcade classics come together in Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle, available digitally on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam, starting September 18, 2018. This essential collection of beat ‘em ups includes:
  • Final Fight (1989)
  • Captain Commando (1991)
  • The King of Dragons (1991)
  • Knights of the Round (1991)
  • Warriors of Fate (1992)

Additionally, two never before ported titles make their console debut:
  • Armored Warriors (1994)
  • Battle Circuit (1997)

Allowing players to experience these arcade gems at home for the first time. These seven titles exemplify some of the best side-scrolling, co-op fun of the arcade era, and introduced us to iconic Capcom characters such as Captain Commando, plus Cody, Guy and Mike Haggar from Final Fight.

All seven titles will support drop-in local and online multiplayer co-op play, enabling friends to join up together. Players can also experience the Japanese versions of these games, which features different storylines. During breaks from the action, players can explore galleries for each of the seven games and view stunning art, development documents and even pieces previously exclusive to fan club members at the time.

Key Features
  • An essential side-scrolling collection: Celebrate the golden age of side-scrolling action games with seven arcade classics in one package:
  • Final Fight (1989): Up to two players can choose between Haggar, Cody or Guy to save Haggar’s daughter Jessica from the Mad Gear Gang.
  • Captain Commando (1991): Rid the galaxy of crime as up to three players take on the roles of Captain Commando, Mack the Knife, Ginzu the Ninja, or Baby Head.
  • The King of Dragons (1991): Set in a medieval world, three players pick from five options (Fighter, Dwarf, Elf, Cleric, or Wizard) to defeat orcs, harpies and other magical creatures.
  • Knights of the Round (1991): Based off of the legend of King Arthur, this game allows up to three players to choose between King Arthur himself, Lancelot, and Perceval.
  • Warriors of Fate (1992): Up to three players select from five warrior options to defeat the evil overlord in a story based on the Chinese novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
  • Armored Warriors (1994): With support for up to three players, control specialized mechs and even merge two mechs into one with a “Team-up Change” for maximum damage.
  • Battle Circuit (1997): Making its console debut, up to four players become a colorful cast of bounty hunters pursuing various wanted criminals.
  • Console debut: For the first time ever, experience Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit outside the arcade.
  • Offline and Online options: Team up with friends locally or connect online for drop-in co-op fun.
  • Customizable Options: Players can adjust the number of lives, continues or overall difficulty.
  • Comprehensive Galleries: Explore each game’s history with stunning art, design sketches, development documents, and special artwork only available to fan-club members at the time.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/capcom-b...-switch-and-pc
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:03 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

This collection could have been sublime if they somehow got in there Alien vs Predator and the Dungeons & Dragons too.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:06 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I will wait for Capcom's usual sales with their games and I get it for 5 dollars or under.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:23 PM   #4
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
This collection could have been sublime if they somehow got in there Alien vs Predator and the Dungeons & Dragons too.
They need to save some games for a Beat'em up Bundle Volume 2.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:56 AM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Guess so, just like the classics they released two gens ago.

If that were true then they should add The Punisher and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs for a complete licensing nightmare.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:06 AM   #6
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Alien vs Predator is never going to happen because they'd have to pay SEGA and Fox.

This is a good collection for me I've never played Captain Commando (1991), The King of Dragons (1991), Warriors of Fate (1992), Armored Warriors (1994) and Battle Circuit (1997).

So I'll be there.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #7
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Oh man, King of the Dragons. My friend and I used to sink hours into that game as a kid. Still have my SNES copy.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote