The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 01-04-2005, 10:39 PM   #16
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

good story?...good!

yeah rain, you must be deep to get the whole deepness off this game,
kojima really must of done something right this time,

count me sold, im gonna get this game. at least it has a story and is not a half assed piece of ****

thanks for the insight.
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:28 AM   #17
Freeman

Ocelot is obviously helping the Philosphers who have now become the Patriots. In the past he was working for the CIA, BUT the phone call to the president must've also been about Project S3 (Solid Snake Simualtion). I could be wrong about the S3 cuz I don't remeber the ending of MGS1.
Anyway the main plot of MGS is how the Philosphers/Patriots rose again and want to take over the world.
Hope you understand what I mean .
BTW Ocelot COULD be The Boss's/Joy's son since he's young and the date of when he is born and the events of MGS3 fit who old he should be in MGS3.
BTW The Boss being the 1st human to go to space was....WOW!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:59 AM   #18
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

The only crappy thing about MGS3 is that the bosses have almost 0 story or personality. That, and they are easy compared to MGS2 (btw, I loved MGS2). And I've beaten the game on Extreme already. It took me way longer to beat MGS2 on Extreme, and it had less bosses than MGS1 or 2 and no "chase" scene!

Last edited by burpingcat; 01-05-2005 at 02:12 AM.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:14 AM   #19
Freeman

Speaking of Bosses....
What's with The Pain's poses?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:19 AM   #20
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Who knows? Maybe if they would've said anything about him, we would know.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 06:34 AM   #21
yongfook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod

It doesn't explain how Snake becomes a bad guy though.
I think its all there - at the end, after the discovery of his true part in the mission you see a very different Snake; one who almost resents his superiors for effectively playing him and Boss like pieces on a chess board. I think he sees more honour in Boss' unwavering commitment to her orders than his superiors using her as a scapegoat and having her killed. Snake recognises that she made the ultimate sacrifice for her country and that she is a true patriot, and probably has a lot more respect for her than for his superiors. And so what starts as refusing to shake hands with the men at the medal ceremony is the beginning of his attitude changing to the way his world is run.
yongfook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:09 PM   #22
gearhound
Versus the World

yes, you could definately sense that snake was pissed. the ending to MGS3 is one of the greatest endings i have ever seen. simply beautiful.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:41 AM   #23
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhound
yes, you could definately sense that snake was pissed. the ending to MGS3 is one of the greatest endings i have ever seen. simply beautiful.
agreed....
Old 01-09-2005, 02:08 AM   #24
superRSXs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain
::blushes:: I'm a godsend? ~^.^~ That made my day.
glad to make ur day.

i thought nothing could top the copa mundial until the Mania came along...
superRSXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:57 AM   #25
Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongfook
I think its all there - at the end, after the discovery of his true part in the mission you see a very different Snake; one who almost resents his superiors for effectively playing him and Boss like pieces on a chess board. I think he sees more honour in Boss' unwavering commitment to her orders than his superiors using her as a scapegoat and having her killed. Snake recognises that she made the ultimate sacrifice for her country and that she is a true patriot, and probably has a lot more respect for her than for his superiors. And so what starts as refusing to shake hands with the men at the medal ceremony is the beginning of his attitude changing to the way his world is run.
Very well said man/babe :cool guy:

Last edited by Freeman; 01-09-2005 at 06:02 AM.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #26
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

i avidly read all your remarks concerning the game and i was so impressed I bought it. Even though I know how it ends I prefer that because i like to see the events that lead up to that ending. I am the kind of person that reads the ending of a book first before starting it. So with that, if I do not like the game I know who butts to kick : ........j/k

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #27
MercenaryBK

What up, this is my first time posting and i was wondering if anyone can answer my question. At the end of MGS 3 when Ocelot and Snake are on the plane and he asks about his real name, do you think Snake was being honest and do u guys agree with me when I say that the ending of the game was by far the best. From being able to actually shoot the Boss herself and choosing the revolver with Ocelot. Later
MercenaryBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:58 PM   #28
Freeman

Yeah MGS3's ending was the best.
About Big Boss' real name, god thing you brught that up .
I think he is honest, but when Para-Medic asks him for his real name she doesn't tell him her real name (I think).
BTW does't ParaMedic look like Rose from MGS2?
Old 01-17-2005, 06:53 PM   #29
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

I too think he was being honest. After the part with the Boss's past I think he may have suspected who Ocelot really was in terms of being the Boss's son.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #30
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

i guess the Joy and the Sorrows son is Ocelot, am I right?

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote