Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 04:43 PM   #1
Rubeus

Spider-Man and Batman dominate the all-time best-selling superhero games list

Click for full size

Quote:
Spider-Man and Batman dominate the all-time best-selling superhero games list

Your friendly neighborhood...Batman

ComicCon 2019 (the big one) is upon us and all of the masked men and women are coming out to celebrate. Spider-Man and Batman have a lot to be excited for, because with their forces combined, they are technically present in all ten of the top-selling superhero games of all time list. There's a reason Sony keeps trotting out Spider-Man and rebooting him every few years!

Industry analyst and former WB/Activision employee Mat Piscatella gives us the rundown based on NPD numbers, which have Spider-Man PS4 coming out on top, followed by Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight: with City above Knight, all is well with the world.

Going down the list in fourth place is LEGO Batman, then LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Spider-Man: The Movie, Spider-Man: The Movie 2, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Batman: Arkham Asylum (which many would consider the best Arkham game, but sadly the ones that kick off the craze often don't get to bask in the sunlight of said craze), then Injustice 2. Yep, six of the 10 heavily feature Batman as one of the main cast members, and four have Spider-Man.

It just goes to show you that LEGO games are still a hit with families, but folks also crave that open world superhero formula. There's plenty of room at the top for everyone! As long as you focus on one of those two characters.

https://www.destructoid.com/spider-m...t-561274.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Personally, Batman is the better game, while Spider-man is the best Spider-man game, next to the Genesis Spider-man game by Sega, it had a lot of problems, like Spidey's wallcrawling sucked major ass. Most combos were completely pointless, you only ever had to do was uppercut and simple combo in the hair and webzip to the next and repeat... even with bosses. It was too easy and simple compared to the Batman game.
And Batman games have the better stories to them, too.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:11 AM   #3
Rubeus

I am just curious, none of those Marvel fighting games from Capcom made it to top 10? Does this chart only count for the current gen consoles?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:40 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I think it just means that these games sold better than they did.
Cause Spider-man the movie game came out back in 2002/2003ish.

Or... they don't count them as Super Hero games, even tho they are.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

That may be because they are the most popular ones and with higher chances to get projects green lit.