The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 01-02-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
Rubeus

Famed Platinum producer Hideki Kamiya hates the Switch UI, and he has a point

If they give the home screen the option to shrink the icons like in 3DS, it would be better.

Click for full size

Quote:
Famed Platinum producer Hideki Kamiya hates the Switch UI, and you know what? He has a point

'The Nintendo Switch’s Home Menu is a piece of crap'

In case you're not aware, Hideki Kamiya (on your left, above) is a legendary game designer who has worked on projects as a director like Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta. He also runs an outspoken Twitter account where he will block you on a moment's notice.

Just this week he took to that very account to air his Festivus grievances with the Switch UI: a long-discussed thorn in the side of many Switch owners. His rant, as translated by NintendoSoup, is as follows: "The Nintendo Switch’s Home Menu is a piece of crap, all of the shitty gigantic game icons are lined up in a row, but the rest of the games are tossed into a trash can called ‘All Games’… I wonder have they (the people that made the menu) ever played the Nintendo fan boys’ Switch?"

Even the biggest Switch fan can admit that what he says at least has a kernel of truth. The Switch UI is a contentious issue alongside of Joy-Con Drift, and I'd actually take it a step further and say that the eShop menu is even worse. For the past year or so Nintendo has dumped 30-40 games at once each week on the storefront and diamonds in the rough are nearly impossible to find.

Who knows if it'll ever be fixed, but I miss that classic Nintendo menu charm that the Wii, Wii U and 3DS had. At least give us a poppin' eShop tune to dance to!

https://www.destructoid.com/famed-pl...t-576898.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 03:17 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
he's right, I hate it also. Needs a lot of features that their other consoles have.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote