The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Supreme Commander Stand alone expansion

Quote:
If Gas Powered Games' PC real-time strategy game Supreme Commander had a theme, it was simply "big." Described in the GameSpot review as "real-time strategy supersized," Supreme Commander focused on creating a sense of scale, where huge armies wage battle on giant maps and the action demands hulking computer specs to run properly.

Apparently the original game wasn't big enough for Gas Powered Games' liking, as the developer is going back for seconds. THQ today announced that the studio and designer Chris Taylor are returning to the franchise for a stand-alone follow-up titled Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

Forged Alliance will continue the story of the original game with a new single-player campaign. As for the gameplay, THQ is promising a new faction, more than 100 new units, more maps, and new multiplayer features. Forged Alliance is slated for worldwide release this November.
Its currently slated for a november release that I posted in another thread.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Beh, BRING ON THE C&C 3:TW Expansion please...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano Fox
Beh, BRING ON THE C&C 3:TW Expansion please...
Is one planned?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Yep... the story was cut at each campaign ending, gdi, scrin, and nod. A expansion is for sure, and since i recall every C&C had at least 1 expansion.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Sweet news. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game...62911172762045
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game...2762045&page=1

Hit PC real-time strategy game Supreme Commander is getting its first expansion - Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - and we've got five smoking-hot screenshots of it in action. Impressively, Forged Alliance will work as a standalone game in its own right (that is - you don't need the first one for it to work), featuring a whole new single-player campaign and a brand new faction to play around with. Add in some 100 new units including fully-realised navies, orbital weaponry and 'advanced counter intelligence technologies' (whatever they may be) and it looks like the game will be a tasty prospect indeed when it's released this November.

Sifting through the crap spam threads in Systemwars I found something useful.