The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #46
calintz
thank you based god

i don't see why you wouldn't use an authenticator - it's on all phones and free
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #47
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Regardless of how people feel about it, it's sold like hell.

Quote:
Diablo 3 may have had some post-launch problems, but it has also become the fastest-selling PC game ever.

The game sold 3.5 million copies in its first 24 hours of availability, according to Activision Blizzard's internal records and reports from key distribution partners.
The sales total doesn't include 1.2 million copies given to players who signed up for the World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion.

6.3 million players had their hands on a copy of Diablo 3 at the end of its first week of availability, so it sold another 1.6 million copies in the six days following launch day.

Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said: "We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo 3 and jump in the moment it went live.

"We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo 3 players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-pc-game-ever/

For a PC and Mac only game them be some impressive numbers, and I know in the UK at least there was tonnes of stock shortages with most stores running out of copies on Day 1.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #48
Alucard

These are obviously false numbers. Games dont sell on pc. Only WoW and nothing else. Shit platform.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #49
Alucard

Everyone remember those little graphic mods that made the game sharper and less colourful? I only remembered it today lololool. Copied over the files that just enabled sharpness and left the colours as they were since I dont mind how it looks. I'm a bit of a colour whore. Once you copy the files into the diablo folder, of which they dont overwrite anything so its easy to just delete them later if you dont want them, while ingame you press PAUSE button on your keyboard and it switches it back and forth. With sharpness on it looks nice. A little too strong maybe, but if you turn it off you notice how fucking blurry the game actually is. So keeping the sharpness on. Moving around for a little I adjusted quickly. I think it looks too sharp at first because it really is so blurry.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/63...re-Like-Diablo

Has the link for each version. Some just lower the colours slightly too so you have plenty of choices. Just for memories sake heres 2 screens, one default, the other with sharpness and colours changed. So the full extreme. Gives you a basic idea.

Click for full size

Click for full size
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #50
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Almost got my barb to level 60, then next I'm going to do a demon hunter.

I think the weapons are vastly underpowered for 2 hand weapons. a 2 hand maul should be way more powerful than to a 1 hand mace for example at the same level requirement.

2 hand weapons are so useless and they need a buff. No good reason to use them cause 2 weapons/shield will give you twice the stats. So without the double the power or more to a 2 handed weapon, I just don't see the point of them and most of them are super slow attack speed.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #51
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Everyone remember those little graphic mods that made the game sharper and less colourful? I only remembered it today lololool. Copied over the files that just enabled sharpness and left the colours as they were since I dont mind how it looks. I'm a bit of a colour whore. Once you copy the files into the diablo folder, of which they dont overwrite anything so its easy to just delete them later if you dont want them, while ingame you press PAUSE button on your keyboard and it switches it back and forth. With sharpness on it looks nice. A little too strong maybe, but if you turn it off you notice how fucking blurry the game actually is. So keeping the sharpness on. Moving around for a little I adjusted quickly. I think it looks too sharp at first because it really is so blurry.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/63...re-Like-Diablo

Has the link for each version. Some just lower the colours slightly too so you have plenty of choices. Just for memories sake heres 2 screens, one default, the other with sharpness and colours changed. So the full extreme. Gives you a basic idea.

Click for full size

Click for full size
I wouldn't use any mods. If warden detects it you will be insta-banned.

I'm on inferno with my barb farming act 1 because my gear is shit. Either going to start a wizard next or re-roll my barb hardcore since the servers seem to have settled down lately.

imo hardcore is the only way the game should be played once you're familiar enough with it.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #52
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

I totally think that having to have a code from a person who bought the game is super lame. Why didn't they just make a smaller version of the game and let people download it who want to try it out. That right there is keeping me from buying this game.

Please tell me i'm wrong and there is a demo version I can try out.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
There is a demo, just go to your b.net account and you will see a starter edition of diablo 3. You can play up to level 13 to the end of the skeleton king and once you buy the game, you keep whatever you did. So you can level up all 5 classes to 13.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #54
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Almost got my barb to level 60, then next I'm going to do a demon hunter.

I think the weapons are vastly underpowered for 2 hand weapons. a 2 hand maul should be way more powerful than to a 1 hand mace for example at the same level requirement.

2 hand weapons are so useless and they need a buff. No good reason to use them cause 2 weapons/shield will give you twice the stats. So without the double the power or more to a 2 handed weapon, I just don't see the point of them and most of them are super slow attack speed.
Barbs can just sit there and take hits. Wizard, which I am currently playing have to do a lot more foot work. lol

Weapons don't seem to matter unless you're stacking stats (Wizard). I find more use from the cross bow, so when I'm out of mana I can shoot.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #55
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Spider I don't see the starter edition. Why do they make it so hard to find.

Zechin
Old 05-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #56
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
I wouldn't use any mods. If warden detects it you will be insta-banned.

I wouldnt worry. These are also in threads on the diablo forum and there is no warnings saying its a hack because it isnt.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #57
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Yeah so you do need someone's beta key to play the game for the first 30 days. Lame. Anybody want to let me have their guest pass?

Zechin
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #58
Northeastmonk

I got the digital copy, otherwise I would. I did find this.

Quote:
in a move that echoes their approach in StarCraft 2, Blizzard has announced today that Diablo 3 will get a free demo that they're calling Diablo 3 Starter Edition.
In the first 30 days after release it will work similarly to how StarCraft 2 worked when it released in 2010. Boxed copies of the game will come with a Guest Pass that enables a friend to play for free. However, free players will only have access to Act 1, and a level cap of 13 (the same content as the beta.) They will also not be able to access the auction houses.
After the first 30 days it will be available as a download from Battle.net.
Blizzard has also announced that Diablo 3 will get online support in the form of character profiles on Battle.net. In these profiles you'll be able to take in-depth looks at all of your characters, their skills, and their equipment (including all dyes, gems and whathaveyou.) You'll also be able to get a glimpse at other players' characters if you're looking for tips on how to maximize your build.
http://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-3-g...ion-free-demo/

and
Quote:
Greetings,

Game Master Tyristius here, I hope you're doing well! I've received your ticket concerning guest passes for Diablo III. I'm very sorry for both, being unable to discuss this with you directly, and for the wait you had to endure before I could get back to you.

Before we get started, let's make sure I understand your report correctly. Looks like you're wondering why they weren't included with the digital copies of the game, right? If this is not the case, please reopen the ticket, and provide some additional information to help bring more clarity to the issue, so that we're able to assist you as effectively as possible. Else continue reading.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Sadly, I don't have a reason behind this to provide for you, I apologize, but I can confirm that only the box copies came with them.

If you would like this to change, though, and there perhaps be some way for digitally purchased accounts to be able to e-mail invites, or something, we would love to hear your feedback and ideas. Our forums at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/ are monitored around the clock for ideas which are gathered and submitted directly to the relevant department for revew.

I understand your frustration not having them, and hope that this changes at some point in the future. Thanks in advance for any feedback you might provide!

Thank you for taking the time to read my response and thanks again for your patience with the wait tonight. If anything else comes up, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we'll see what we can do. Have a good one! <3

Regards,

Game Master Tyristius
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...00988#new-post
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #59
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Yup I just saw that, man I want to see if I can run it, but I don't want someone to waste their guest pass. I think that is a totally bad idea, they should just release a non-drm demo version that is like one small portion of the game. I don't understand why this didn't happen.

Zechin
Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #60
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Inferno is damn hard, some boss combinations seem too awesome to even fight.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote