The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #31
Alucard

You can power level in most games. You still need to spend a while to be able to get to those areas and also not be killed. Besides 9 hours is still 9 hours. I'd also go insane killing shit for 9 hours in one area.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #32
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
You can power level in most games. You still need to spend a while to be able to get to those areas and also not be killed. Besides 9 hours is still 9 hours. I'd also go insane killing shit for 9 hours in one area.
it's good that you can play the game how you want to. For me, it doesn't end until I'm 60 with best in slot or near best in slot gear. I also enjoy doing boss runs, but it's not for everyone. Probably 80% of the people that buy diablo will play it a few times on normal, enjoy the story, and stop.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #33
Alucard

Thats pretty much me. I'm not a collector of every single item and level in a game. Once it gets boring I ditch it.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
Northeastmonk

Their auction house is crazy. Prices are outrageous for some rare items. I sell cheap, but some want a million gold for crap.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #35
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They just need to put in a actual just offline only singleplayer, it can't connect to online at all. Cause lets face it, the servers won't be up forever and 40 years down the road you might go, I'm going to play the diablo series again from start to finish cause I really enjoyed the games, but then you get to number 3 and can't

I think the drm is just to stop pirates and that's it. the game can't get ruined by offering a offline single player mode unless they left in the option to play open multiplayer.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

The auction house would be ruined if there was any offline play, and that's why it's there. Would fuck up the entire game if it wasn't.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #37
calintz
thank you based god

best to sell now when there's not much on the auction house

once everyone starts using it, rare items are not going to be so rare, and going to be cheaper imo
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #38
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Fixed.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #39
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintz View Post
best to sell now when there's not much on the auction house

once everyone starts using it, rare items are not going to be so rare, and going to be cheaper imo
eh its already pointless to try and make huge sums off it, there are pages and pages of the same "rare" item for about 4000% markup. I'm fairly convinced 90% of the player base has no concept of how an economy works and just sees "shiny! must be worth 5x what you make playing the first 50lvls!" In two weeks people are going to be vendoring that same item they were trying to sell for 750k for 500.

The bonus lvl is super great this time around. My little ponies, carebears and flowers oh my!
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #40
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
apparently don't use the auction houses, there is a bug that is letting hackers hacked your B.net account if it doesn't use a authenticator.

Only rumors for now since blizzard hasn't said how the hackers are getting into their accounts. It could just be keyloggers or something.

Some are speculating that is the real reason why the real auction house got delayed and not cause of achievement bullshit they first said as why.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #41
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
apparently don't use the auction houses, there is a bug that is letting hackers hacked your B.net account if it doesn't use a authenticator.

Only rumors for now since blizzard hasn't said how the hackers are getting into their accounts. It could just be keyloggers or something.

Some are speculating that is the real reason why the real auction house got delayed and not cause of achievement bullshit they first said as why.
I spent a bit of time looking into this due to trying to figure out what my issue with the graphical stuttering that appeared after Friday's "update". From what I can see(read) it matters not if you have an authenticator, as plenty of people with it got hacked. I don't personally know anyone who has had this problem, but everyone I know does not play any public games. There is some speculation that the public games give a roundabout access. Bottom line, for all Blizzards hopes of making the game secure via online only, its about as secure as Diablo1's bnet that was completely hacked in the first 2 days.

Anyone else have the stuttering or hacked issues to go along with our single player lag?
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #42
Alucard

I dont even have diablo yet and I have an authenticator. That thing is awesome.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #43
spider-prime

I wish they had it it just activated your computer to be used with the account instead of USE IT EVERY TIME kind of crap.

But for some reason when I play D3, it doesn't ask me to put it in all the time like it did with sc2.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #44
Chronos
fuggit

Supposedly it only was getting people who played public games. Better safe than sorry and change your password anyway. Also it was getting people with the authenticator as well.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 AM   #45
Alucard

MWUAHAHAHAA

Vlahka#6787