The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
Rubeus

CD Projekt RED further condemns concept of microtransactions

Good to see some companies still refuse microtransactions, I usually stay away from those 99% of the time

Click for full size

Quote:
CD Projekt RED further condemns concept of microtransactions

Cyberpunk'd

CD Projekt RED, the team behind The Witcher series as well as the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, has double-downed on their anti-microtransaction stance, deeming the controversial marketing mechanic as "a bad idea."

Speaking with GameSpot at PAX Australia, CDPR studio head John Mamais referenced Cyberpunk 2077 and restated that microtransactions would not form a part of its gameplay. "I think it’s a bad idea to do microtransactions after you release a game," said Mamais in the interview. "It seems like it’s very profitable, though. It’s probably a hard decision for the guy that runs the business to decide if we should do it or not. But if everyone hates it, why would we do something like that and lose the goodwill of our customers?"

The concept of microtransactions has been a shady topic in video games for some years now. On paper, repeatedly spending small amounts of cash - on a previously purchased product, mind - should be universally disliked. Yet, as Mamais points out, microtransactions bring the dollars rolling in. While many games have been brought to task for particularly egregious use of the system, it feels like we're still far from seeing their removal en masse, especially given the backbone they form for many mobile titles.

Cyberpunk 2077 launches April 16 for PS4, PC and Xbox One.

https://www.destructoid.com/cd-proje...s-569582.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:24 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
They really need to die. I'm fine with DLC that is used to make more content down the road, but DLC that comes out day 1... BS, put it on the main game you cheap bastards!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I love CDPR. I try to get as many of the games I want from GOG.com in part because of them and in part because drm blows.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

I agree with them, but i will stick to the witcher. Cyberpunk isn't for me.