The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #1
Rubeus

Konami just launched a new Castlevania portal: is a revival incoming?

Even if there's a new game in the works, it's probably outsourced to western studio, and it may look like how Street of Rage 4 turns out to be? (Which seems like nothing comparing to previous works)

Click for full size

Quote:
Konami just launched a new Castlevania portal: is a revival incoming?

Turning the franchise around

It's sad to look at Konami's new Castlevania portal site and see that huge gap between 2014-2018 where nothing happened. It seems like that's when everything went wrong for the publisher, and just one year later they'd be sent up for the poor treatment of Hideo Kojima, among other past infractions. Their reputation was never the same, but they're clawing their way back up, slowly.

Yep, there's a new Castlevania portal now as the series isn't completely dead yet. The new season of the Netflix show is coming, two characters are in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Castlevania Requiem is on the way: a joint project between Konami and Sony to bring Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood to the PS4. It's crazy, flipping through and recalling how active the series once was even in the early 2000s. The key to this story is the section called "new product," which could be a hint for more on the way. While some may say it's back in action now: I'd hardly call a truncated show and a port two-pack a "revival."

The site is so fresh that some links don't work: but that's our Konami!

https://www.destructoid.com/konami-j...--525525.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

A new game is definitely not in the works.

Nothing like lords of shadow at any rate.

We heard multiple times how they weren't happy with the sales.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I was excited for Lords of Shadow when it was first announced: an origin story for Dracula. However, the deviated drastically from the lore that I just didn't care anymore.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:38 AM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

They'll most likely just port the older titles around. (It appears Suikoden ports are on the cards as well)

Without Iga they are unlikelly to do another 2D one and all the 3D ones have been pretty disaapointing.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
bujeezus

I'm kind of surprised they haven't done a hd remaster of SotN...
Just imagine 1 using the Shadow Complex engine, mmmmm.