The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 04-27-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Last of Us 2 leaked online by devs at Naughty Dog.

https://www.ign.com/articles/last-of...story-spoilers

Just leave the link here.

Oh yah, glad I'm not buying it. This one seems like dog shit.

Apparently, the workers at Naughty Dog hate their new boss and were forced into making shit, so they leaked it to warn everyone about it.

This will have a worse effect than Metal gear solid 2, where the entire game isn't what you think it was about who you play and stuff. But at least Raiden was likable.....
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Not sure i should spoil myself, even if i think the first game is nothing special. I could potentially still get 2 in a big sale.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
It's quite awful. If you didn't like the first game, this one will make you facepalm.
I spoiled it for myself, cause I stopped giving a shit about spoilers, they don't ruin it if it's truly good, but oh god. This is one of those times you might want to spoil it for yourself also to make sure this is something you will want.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Someone put a single sentence spoiler randomly on a twitter thread that I don't know if it's true but if it is I don't want to play the game.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:42 PM   #5
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Not sure i should spoil myself, even if i think the first game is nothing special. I could potentially still get 2 in a big sale.
Dont spoil yourself. I dont like Naughty Dog or their Anita Sarkeesian nonsense. But I think the story choices (unfortunately Ive been spoiled) are very brave and if its done well, itll be remembered for years.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:12 AM   #6
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

I read them and laughed. Truly awful.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:08 AM   #7
spider-prime

lol I can't wait for the people who didn't spoil it for themselves find out about what happens in it.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I didn't have that much interested anyway, the first game is very overrated. I've seen the spoilers and they are pretty bad and a lot of people aren't going to like them.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:06 PM   #9
Nem
Smash bro!

I decided to read about it after i found out the game is 100GB. Thats a lot of disc space.

I got to say though, I wasn't a big fan of the first game, but what they are doing with 2 is absolutely disgusting.

It's doing things like this that people will stop wishing for sequels. Maybe that's the idea... coming from the same people that decided to end Uncharted when it dropped in their lap.

This might actually be cathartic, cause it will send a message about making this kind of thing.

I'm concluding now that i don't like this Drukman Naughty Dog. I did like uncharted 4, but i didnt like the story direction at the end. Tlou was kind of bad imo, though i felt an understanding message from the ending (wich was missing a boss lol). But, to do such a thing to your fans. Sheesh. I would be gutted now if i loved the original.

But, yeah. Without Amy Hennig, it's not the same.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:04 AM   #10
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Dont spoil yourself. I dont like Naughty Dog or their Anita Sarkeesian nonsense. But I think the story choices (unfortunately Ive been spoiled) are very brave and if its done well, itll be remembered for years.
Now sometimes being "brave" is just being stupid. Like people who bungie jump with a long cord on a low bridge.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:24 PM   #11
Ernst

I hate the idea that video games need to be mindless fan fiction to please the base. That’s not art.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:54 PM   #12
spider-prime

What do you expect? Art is subjective, there are tons of games that are artsy fartsy that the mass majority love. This just happens to be not what people wanted. Art is risky. They took that route and we will have to wait and see how it pans out if people will still buy the game. Just cause there is a outrage over the story decisions, doesn't mean it still won't sell.

also, throwing paint onto the canvas thinking people love it is very hopeful thinking.

But, I read a Sailor Moon Spider-man fan fiction that was more enjoyable than what these leaks showed.

Last edited by spider-prime; 05-01-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:56 AM   #13
Joe Redifer
Ol!

Remember when we used to buy games based on how they PLAYED? Do we even play games any more? They seem like movies now as they are more based on story than anything.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote