The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-18-2020, 11:09 AM   #31
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
Played the order 1886. Beautiful animation and graphics, good story, but any game with that many quicktime events can kiss my ass.
Huh... funny. I don't even recall them. I do recall enjoying the world and the graphics though. I'd play a sequel.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #32
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Finally got around to playing Hellblade. A pretty deep and rich narrative experience for such a short game. I'd definitely say it deserves the critical praise it gets.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:00 AM   #33
Nem
Smash bro!

Beat jedi outcast on the ps4.

It was odd. I did not recall it being that hard, but it was relentless. I had forgotten most of the game, so it was an interesting refresher. But, i sure don't think so highly of it anymore. Still, It does Star wars better than EA. Things like fighting side by side with Luke, meeting Lando, the banther between stormtroopers. It just hit all the right notes. Just, the design has aged.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:36 AM   #34
bujeezus

All 3 Serious Sams. Getting ready for 4, hopefully this month! Also finally beat Syder Arcade, Call of Juarez Gunslinger. I've been on the last stage of Syder for years and didn't even realize it.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:01 PM   #35
flamingspiral
Watch Out!

Beat Pillars of Eternity and both White March expansion packs on the ps4. Great game, loved the storyline and game play. Will eventually try PoE2 once they fix the mess that is the port on ps4.
flamingspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:38 PM   #36
Nem
Smash bro!

I beat Jedi academy and Captain tsubasa rise of new champions.

Academy, much better than outcast. Aged much better.

Tsubasa was great. One of my favorite anime games.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #37
bujeezus

Nier Automata: Game of the YorHa edition. I thought I was through with this game months ago at 52 hours. Didn't realize you continued to play with other characters. Another 12 hrs and I'm done. Great game. Crazy story. I also finished my 1st playthrough of Panzer Dragoon: Remake on pc. Really enjoyed it too. Never beat it on Orta after I unlocked it, so that was pretty cool. I hope they work on Zwei as I've never played that 1 or Saga. I just don't see them working on Saga though which is a shame.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:02 PM   #38
Rubeus

Finished Persona 4 The Golden on PC, for 68 hours. The true ending is more fun than the ending of Persona 5 Royal IMO.
The characters are more interesting than P5 although the rural town is so small... the music is a better and more memorable than the ones in P5R as well.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:05 PM   #39
Rubeus

Thought the hardest boss is Takuto Maruki IMO, if you unlocked the final palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Persona 5 royal.

That one was a doozie! 160 hours! I did get the platinum though.
I'm not gonna say the game is perfect. The hardest boss fight was like on the 5th palace, wich is a bit after the middle of the game.
It's not like i loved the start (all npc's are dicks to the MC), though i understand the necessity. The menu's were over stylised. The chat box in particular covered too much of the screen for no reason. Finally, too many useless phone text chat conversations. I started skipping them later in the game.

But, there's no denying it's a great game. Though, i think i prefered Persona 4 golden. Both are great though.

Oh... beat Streets of Rage 4 aswell.

The modern soundtrack wasn't as good as the originals but i got used to it. They really need to put back the original end stage gingle though. Though it is in there with the classic soundtrack. Unfortunely the game gear tunes are not ideal. Apparantly, they couldn't get the rights for the mega drive original SoR soundtrack. No SoR3 tracks either.

Aside from that, i prefered the classic controls to the new ones. So, i was happy they gave that option.

Just a really fun game. Short, but sweet, with lots of replay value. They don't make these anymore. Lets hope we see more Streets of rage. Gaming needs this series.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #40
Nem
Smash bro!

You got refined taste.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:43 AM   #41
Rubeus

Persona 4 Golden has a tear-jerking scene near the end, which is rare for a game -- that makes it better than Persona 5 in terms of story and characters.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #42
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Far Cry 4.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:30 PM   #43
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
A.I. The Sominum Files.

Pretty cool cop scifi mystery. But any ending to a game that ends in a Grease style ending is A OK by me.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #44
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Edit 1: So I've beaten this twice now. It's just such a fun game.

Edit 2: Aaaaand now I've gotten all the achievements. 10/10

Last edited by BlindMaphisto; 10-29-2020 at 01:47 PM.
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #45
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Gears of War Judgement