The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #16
laicher21

i think the pc will be thriving this year, doom3 and hl2, that sounds pretty good to me......hl2 is pc exclusive right? and doom3 will be the best on pc by far.
laicher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:35 PM   #17
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by laicher21
i think the pc will be thriving this year, doom3 and hl2, that sounds pretty good to me......hl2 is pc exclusive right? and doom3 will be the best on pc by far.

Right now it is. But the fact is, Half Life 2 is going to be a game we're going to be talking about until... Half Life 3 is announced!!! Ok, kidding but still, this is the successor to THE User Mod King, and the fact that Half Life and Counter Strike (and I think a few more mods are being moved over as well) are being coverted to the Souce engine is just major drool fest.

Also, theres more than just FPSs coming out this year... theres plenty of great MMOs and of course, Vampire TM: Bloodlines coming out.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:38 AM   #18
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade X
Also, theres more than just FPSs coming out this year... theres plenty of great MMOs and of course, Vampire TM: Bloodlines coming out.
Great. Like we need more MMOG

Bloodlines is from a developer who has become the Duke of Great Ideas...that turn into mediocre games. I'd love to see this game turn out to be the "AAA" title it should be (I said the same thing about their last two titles), but Troika simply doesn't seem capable....not to mention it is yet another FPS-esque title. Trailers are cool, though, gotta give 'em that.

The PC has lost the majority of its great variety and hardcore titles. Next year, with no large list of long delayed titles and more and more devs headed to consoles, the PC gaming industry will continue its decline.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:38 PM   #19
laicher21

you get a copy of counterstrike source with a collectors edition of hl2 apparently
Old 08-11-2004, 06:41 PM   #20
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
Great. Like we need more MMOG

Bloodlines is from a developer who has become the Duke of Great Ideas...that turn into mediocre games. I'd love to see this game turn out to be the "AAA" title it should be (I said the same thing about their last two titles), but Troika simply doesn't seem capable....not to mention it is yet another FPS-esque title. Trailers are cool, though, gotta give 'em that.

The PC has lost the majority of its great variety and hardcore titles. Next year, with no large list of long delayed titles and more and more devs headed to consoles, the PC gaming industry will continue its decline.

Ok, all I have to say about VtM: Bloodlines is that, I'm looking forward to it because after watching the walkthrough of the demo, it looks like VtM: Bloodlines is what Deus Ex Invisable War should have been and it's a call back to the orginal Deus Ex plus then some. So I don't care what you say about Troika, but the game is self looks to be a sleeper hit in my opinion.

Now coming off that, further evidence that hell in fact is freezing over, Counter Strike Source got turned on for Steam Cyber Cafe today, Pre-Loading for ATI Buyer Offer and CZ owners will be preloaded on the 16th, turned on the 18th, which comes a day after... Half Life 2 Pre-loads start... yeah, thats right folks... The Textures, Audio, and other things in Half Life 2 that will remain the same threw the game will start preloading into computers. What does this mean....

Well Duh, Half Life 2 really is hitting it's final days of developement of course!

Souce: Half Life 2 Fallout

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:04 PM   #21
laicher21

wow im so pumped for this. ive been waiting for the sequel since i finished the game in 1999.....i think. wow this is great news, doom3 and hl2 ahhhh beautiful.

I am the eggman, I am the walrus