The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Alucard

ATI 4770. $100 runs Crysis at max smoothly

I'm sure that heading caught some of your attention. This is quite true. ATI's new card is beyond godly. I'm still surprised to tell the truth. Obviously you're going to need a good cpu but thats a given. These benchmarks are running on a 3.2gig cpu. The 4770 is in the middle. The link has other games its benchmarked.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...4770,2281.html

One thing I like about youtube is people put clips up of their video cards running certain games. This ilink is for the 4850, which is about 1-2fps faster and costs around $30+ more (which is still fucking cheap), running crysis. He lists his specs aswell and the settings of the game. 3gig cpu, 1600x+ res. He probably has AA set to off. Not that you NEED it in games with high res. Too much of a performance hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEGTE...eature=related

So yeah, as you can see the 4850 runs it pretty good. The engine is a bit special aswell, and the game runs BETTER in the crysis expansion Warhead because they actually optimized the engine alot more. So basically this 4770 will destroy games. Heres the link for it if you're pondering upgrading and money was never good for you. After looking through the 2009 list of games I put up, you'd be insane not to. Way too many awesome games this year.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131155
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Chronos
fuggit

Yeah ATI is the way to go right now, sadly my motherboard is nforce 680i, and doesn't get along well with ATI cards.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Very nice

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I was going to get a 4760 card tilll I saw this thing.

I was getting it cause I have a older computer and I was goign to hook it up so my friends/brothers can play games with me when they come over.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Didn't someone here scoff at my AMD, ATI setups

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
Alucard

Dont need to have amd and ati together. I'm still sticking with nvidia for a few graphics features but thats me. This card is awesome for those who think crysis computers cost $4000.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
Chronos
fuggit

Amish: I read all the time that you have to heavily OC AMD processors to get the most out of them, and a good aftermarket CPU fan is required, since you'll be getting a quad core AMD, they run almost as hot/hotter than intel quads when OCing depending on which version you get, which is why the aftermarket cooler is required. You seem like you want an extremely budget build tho, so it may be perfect.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #8
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Are you sure you have your facts straigtht Chronos? I was pretty sure that AMD/ATI was known for low voltage low heat cpus. You can OC an AMD cpu from 2.3ghz to 3.0ghz safely on AIR last time I checked.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #9
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
the new Core i7s from intel are even better. One guy over clocked them to 4 ghz with just air.

The highest with the most powerful fan I've seen so far is up to 7ghz with them.

and here I am only OC my Core 2 Duo 8400 3ghz to a 5 ghz
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

OC'ing significantly lowers the life span of your CPU
Old 05-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
Alucard

I'm too scared to overclock
Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I'm too scared to overclock
Regrettably OC'ing can sometimes damage an already defective product. So like say your cpu is already a defective one but it boots and everything. If you OC and run a stability test you could burn it out, not to mention the grease that comes stock on any cpu/heatsink is shit and is an inch thick =(
Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Aftermarket AMD heatsinks are a dream to install. Especially those designed specifically for AMD. Clip in system PWNS all.

Retarded overclocks out of the 10 -15% range kills cpus. IF you do these without say a mineral oil setup or liquid cooling you are a retard or spaz as our aussie friend would say.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106130

With something like that you could push into 20-25% range, BUT you better do your homework.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
Zack

been oc'd for over a year using this on core2:

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cpu/001/index.html
+
scythe 120mm fan

80%+ increase passed the stability tests, but i back it off to 60% for the summer.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #15
Chronos
fuggit

Considering my board is basically designed for overclocking, I think it's a total waste not to as long as one takes the right steps, and reads up on the subject.

@Zach (Not Zack <_<), I said in order to get the most out of almost any amd processor (and any processor nowadays really) would be to overclock with aftermarket cooling, which costs $30-40. Didn't say anything about voltage settings at all, as each board/chip version responds differently and you obviously have to know what you're doing in any oc. Also I don't claim to be an expert on AMD CPU's, since I've never owned one.

and of course, the i7 is really great, makes me wish I was building a new pc.