The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #31
Subway
In the garden of sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowForth View Post
Even then - it doesn't work in the given part of the StarCraft universe, it's not set anywhere near Earth.

The Terrans, Protoss and Zerg are in a part of the Milky Way known as the Koprulu Sector - far from Earth, and (to the best of my knowledge) don't have any contact or trade with the Terrans on Earth (although the UPL - the Terran Earth government - quietly monitors them).

When the UPL sent a fleet to capture the Koprulu Sector, they were annihilated by the Zerg.

Not just that - but the Terrans in the Koprulu Sector were "undesirables" that the United Power League was exterminating en masse back on Earth prior to StarCraft. Some of these "undesirables" were rounded up, shoved onto colony ships which then malfunctioned and dumped them into the Koprulu Sector instead - which StarCraft is set in.

So - even assuming those companies survived - advertisements of current companies are ill-suited to the StarCraft games, at least in their current setting in the Koprulu Sector. These companies would simply not be trading with the Koprulu exiles.
In an attempt to keep justifying my comments....you can pretend that these "undesirables" were working with those companies before the the extermination and just set up shop in the new sector
Subway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #32
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

The Zerg were probably mutated from a coca cola bottling plant that got shot into space during the soft drink wars of 2012.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #33
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
You can stop sacrificing goats now.
...says the man who set up the altar.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:23 AM   #34
flowForth
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachalmighty View Post
NERD ALERT
Yeah, I get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway View Post
In an attempt to keep justifying my comments....you can pretend that these "undesirables" were working with those companies before the the extermination and just set up shop in the new sector
Fair enough, I suppose that can work with some imagination - although, it can bring up some rather humorous scenarios.

I can just picture a newspaper headline in the 23rd century of StarCraft's timeline:

COCA-COLA EMPLOYEES DEEMED UNDESIRABLES, EXILED INTO SPACE.

Last edited by flowForth; 03-10-2008 at 04:19 AM. Reason: "in in"!
flowForth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #35
Alucard

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/37...ages-Unit-Info

Shitload of starfract 2 stuff
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #36
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

http://www.gamespot.com/video/939643...ideoplayerpop?

I came.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:53 AM   #37
flowForth
Programmer

A lot of interesting ideas - I am really looking forward to this.

As far I've seen, the Protoss units seem more specialized this time around, Terrans seem to have retained the element of high firepower (Siege Tank, Battlecruiser, that new Thor mech), while the Zerg seem to have much more abilities at their disposal. Anyway, I hope Blizzard can pull it off.