The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #46
murray
<insert witty motto>
 
murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
You people are fucking nuts.
why? 300 is not really a lot of money for something i will use everyday
murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #47
tonychau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 83
actually iphone Demo

The REAL thing working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMccGlPjVX8

The ends look like transparent.

Very SExy!
tonychau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #48
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
You people are fucking nuts.
why

when it is released in the UK my contract is up on my current mobile so i need a new phone.

my pda is fucked and i need a new one, so a blackberry type phone (which i hate the current ones ) is my answer to this possibley as its a phone / pda .. plus my ipod needs more space (i have 2 gig nano) ..

so i can replace all three items with one .. why is that nuts?

i have stuff i use thats needs replacing / updating when it release Q4 this year.. so why not replace my mobile / pda and ipod at the same time with one iphone .. makes sense to me


what do yoou suggest replace all three with seperate items i have to carry about? no thanks .. those days have gone now
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)

Last edited by darren; 01-10-2007 at 09:30 AM.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #49
Seraph
>:3
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 11,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishNazi
Wow you guys are funny. Willing to pay that much for a phone but not a game console.
It comes down to two factors. What the unit does at its core, and how much use I will get out of it.

PS3 and X360 have two main features, at least to me they do: Videogames and Movies. I enjoy doing both but at the end of the day my $600 is doing just those 2 things. Not worth it to me (especially when I have to play an additional $60 a game just to enjoy the thing).

iPhone on the other hand has alot of main features. Music, Movies, Phone, Camera, Internet, Email. All wrapped up in a very sexy portable device with one of the cleanest, simplest interfaces ive ever seen.

And then you have to look at usage I will get out of the device. As much as I love sitting in my home theatre watching movies or playing games, I only have time for that about 2-3 hours a day max. Thats if I feel like doing that, and half the time I dont.

But i already use my iPod 4-5 hours a day, every single day. I use my cell phone every single day. I'm always taking pictures of things with my digital camera (the only reason I'm not at Risky levels yet is because I cant take it everywhere). Thats already a ton of everyday usage I would get out of an iPhone. Add to that features I cant even do yet like Movies and portable Internet and you have a device that I would use for a good chunk of time everyday.

To me $600 is not alot of money that would get that much usage and does that many things.

Last edited by Seraph; 01-10-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #50
cosmoblues
I'm a Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Capital of the World
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
It comes down to two factors. What the unit does at its core, and how much use I will get out of it.

PS3 and X360 have two main features, at least to me they do: Videogames and Movies. I enjoy doing both but at the end of the day my $600 is doing just those 2 things. Not worth it to me (especially when I have to play an additional $60 a game just to enjoy the thing).

iPhone on the other hand has alot of main features. Music, Movies, Phone, Camera, Internet, Email. All wrapped up in a very sexy portable device with one of the cleanest, simplest interfaces ive ever seen.

And then you have to look at usage I will get out of the device. As much as I love sitting in my home theatre watching movies or playing games, I only have time for that about 2-3 hours a day max. Thats if I feel like doing that, and half the time I dont.

But i already use my iPod 4-5 hours a day, every single day. I use my cell phone every single day. I'm always taking pictures of things with my digital camera (the only reason I'm not at Risky levels yet is because I cant take it everywhere). Thats already a ton of everyday usage I would get out of an iPhone. Add to that features I cant even do yet like Movies and portable Internet and you have a device that I would use for a good chunk of time everyday.

To me $600 is not alot of money that would get that much usage and does that many things.

Yeah, well, the PS3 is made by God.
cosmoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #51
Seraph
>:3
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 11,005
Clearly
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #52
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?
 
MarionetteKazuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,835
And it cures aids.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #53
Reality
Sin and Punishment
 
Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by IoriYagami n8
Wasn't there suppose to be some new OS stuff? Why haven't I heard more details on the OS that was going to set MS another four years back?
I am curious about that as well. THe OS is set to release this spring. Yet, it wasn't shown at the biggest event for apple. I hope that this is a good thing. Cause maybe apple is thinking OS X v5 needs to be bigger then just a upgrade in order to blow Vista away. It needs to be next generation by apple standards. So I hope the reason they didn't show it is cause they are putting much more work into it ten what they showed last year. Which was nothing more then OS X Tiger with some new apps.
__________________
Outpostnine is that 1%.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #54
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!
 
spider-prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Posts: 22,553
seems better for the business person, anyone else it's just to try and fit in lol

like buying a PDA/Blueberry/things like that when you don't need them. Just think it looks cool.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #55
darren
... lol
 
darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ippy O Switch, UK
Posts: 11,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
I am curious about that as well. THe OS is set to release this spring. Yet, it wasn't shown at the biggest event for apple. I hope that this is a good thing. Cause maybe apple is thinking OS X v5 needs to be bigger then just a upgrade in order to blow Vista away. It needs to be next generation by apple standards. So I hope the reason they didn't show it is cause they are putting much more work into it ten what they showed last year. Which was nothing more then OS X Tiger with some new apps.
personally think that the iphone was so big they are keeping the OS which is going to be equally as big IMO for a conference in the Spring.
__________________
Currently playing : Mass Effect 3
Playing next : Tales of the Abyss
Waiting on : Diablo 3
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #56
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire
 
AmishNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
iPhone on the other hand has alot of main features. Music, Movies, Phone, Camera, Internet, Email. All wrapped up in a very sexy portable device with one of the cleanest, simplest interfaces ive ever seen.
And at the end of the day it's still a phone. I'm hard on phones, I'd rather just have something that rings and lets me call. It's not justifiable to me. Just like a console that, plays movies, music, pictures and edits them, or lets me surf the net and such isn't to you.
__________________
Reader, suppose you were an idiot.
And suppose you were a member of Congress, but I repeat myself.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Mark Twain
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #57
tonychau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 83
I have to agree to u. But can u image trying to carry alll of the devices.

A Phone (4 Bands + WiFi)........ $250.00
A Camera (2MP)...................... $100.00
A MP3 Player (2GB) ................ $150.00
A PDA .................................... $150.00
Total ....$650.00 US (rough figure)

With all of the devices u are carry, u need a utility bell.

Besides, on average most people would have 2 devices from the list carrying around them.

My hope is just adding an anti-thief on the device.

Here is actual REAL iphone demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk

It is just too sexy not to post it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishNazi
And at the end of the day it's still a phone. I'm hard on phones, I'd rather just have something that rings and lets me call. It's not justifiable to me. Just like a console that, plays movies, music, pictures and edits them, or lets me surf the net and such isn't to you.

Last edited by tonychau; 01-10-2007 at 05:16 PM.
tonychau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #58
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?
 
MarionetteKazuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Wow you guys are funny. Willing to pay that much for a phone but not a game console.
Quote:
Just like a console that, plays movies, music, pictures and edits them, or lets me surf the net and such isn't to you.
Exactly.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #59
Alexander
I speak with codes.
 
Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,237
goddamnit you guys. get a $30 phone and wait till you get home to browse the internet.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #60
tonychau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
goddamnit you guys. get a $30 phone and wait till you get home to browse the internet.
Plus it is 56K fast! It is still internet. right?

what is the product cycle for cell phone?

I'm not hoping 2nd generation iphone would launch in Dec 2007.
tonychau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.