The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-28-2007, 06:49 AM   #76
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

Just pointing this out. But the devs openly admitted that the game is not balanced for 1v1 PvP, it's more so for team battles.

I don't know about you guys but I have the most fun PvPing with my Brute. Sure they CAN dodge around and let you cool off, but that also gives you time to recover. Masterminds, I pretty much agree get fucked royally if you TP them away, but any good PvPing Mastermind already HAS teleport-foe and will probably snare you to them to rape you before you see it coming (it's a 50/50 thing with them, I admit). Corruptors shouldn't solo in PvP unless they're radiation (possibly kinetics), no doubt about that, they are built to be opportunists; heal and buff until the enemy is weak and start blasting away. Stalkers, another 50/50 thing, granted pretty much aaaall PvPers has some type of perception bonus, Stalkers can still weasel around (you can still AS even if they 'see' you, but you're still in 'hide' mode). Doms.. doms are weird, you have to play VERY well to succeed with them in PvP, Domination is a weird little perk, I have a Psi/Psi that Speed Hovers and I can say it's really a mixed bag for Doms in PvP.

Blasters I admit have a bit too much in PvP, their inherent is almost useless (unless you 'skydive', get to 1hp and fire a nova), I love blasters, in fact I had an Elec/Ice/Fire myself, but they need to some PvP 'adjusting'... you know, that 'unresistable %' garbage just makes it worse. Scrappers have had their inherent since the game launched.. and that inherent had been buffed alot.. so it's safe to say that without it Scrappers would definately be hurting alot, but not broken. Controller's inherent is another mixed bag... one I won't touch on actually. Tanker PvP inherent in next to useless unless you're on a small team and you're guarding squishies, it really is pretty useless. Defenders, lolol.. what was their inherent called again? Oh yeah 'last minute, not needed endurance buff'.

I think the idea of ATs being unique is very cool. I personally would love it if they 're-tailored' the hero ATs to force in an inherent the way villains do, makes you place the game very differently. I know tons of people would bitch about that though.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #77
Pantymon
Gotta get em all

Yeah, Brute's are my favorite AT by a mile. I've got four of em between 40 and 50 now. They're just so much fun to play. The game itself is great, certainly the best online rpg I've ever played and it shows in the length it's managed to keep me subscribed.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #78
SuperAngelo64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantymon
Yeah, Brute's are my favorite AT by a mile. I've got four of em between 40 and 50 now. They're just so much fun to play. The game itself is great, certainly the best online rpg I've ever played and it shows in the length it's managed to keep me subscribed.

It is a great game, really. In fact my account is still active (I was on a block plan as opposed to monthly) though I have moved on from it though. I may check in to see how the game goes with power customization (I see lately they've been revamping all power effects, aswell as giving all self-toggles/buffs a 0second activation time).

That probably won't be until atleast issue 10 though. Issue 9 isn't really enough to keep me subscribed, unless they have some Earth shattering costume pieces to craft in the invention system.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #79
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Man double exp weekend has sucked. I have gotten out of lvl 33 and finally lvl'd to 34 but, its just a struggle man. CoV is so slow its really hard to get a full team. Although I can handle my own solo. But, I digress I guess I should take advantage and build up my other alts.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #80
SuperAngelo64

Haha.. oh man.. you actually tried to level VILLAINSSIDE on x2 XP weekend?!

It must've taken you atleast half the day just to zone into Grandeville.

I actually didn't even play for a tiny bit for x2 XP, I had a somewhat eventful weekend and totally forgot. D:
Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #81
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

You're guys PCs must suck, as do your servers. I did some awesome leveling villains side. Hell, I was flying through paper missions solo on relentless and raking in XP for my corruptor and dominator.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #82
SuperAngelo64

My computer is pretty good, everything is nice except for my RAM.. which is only 512mb.

I used to run on Guardian server, which I believe is the least populated one.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #83
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

yeah i'm on protector and my pc sucks. I didn't really benefit much at all form x2 xp.

Zechin
Old 02-03-2007, 01:13 AM   #84
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Can't get into gv... my pc is that bad. Look at it struggling. I was stuck for hours getting dcd over and over again. Need a new pc.

Zechin
Old 02-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #85
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

Yeah just did the v-day mish with snaptooth. I beat his ass solo. A 41 elite boss a purp no less. Also was surrounded by 7 41 minions and 3 arachnobots. Elude is beast! I did it in 1 swoop.

Man my dm/sr stalker is nasty in pve. I can't believe i actually did it.

Zechin
Old 02-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #86
SuperAngelo64

Stalkers are really great in PvP, especially Defense-based ones, they can do miracles sometimes lol.

Oh and about Grandeville, yeah.. that's normal.

Don't plan on leveling your villain past 40 unless you have atleast a gig or two of RAM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #87
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

Snaptooth is a pretty easy EB. Any villain AT can solo him. Heck any villain AT can solo an EB for the most part. There are a few downgraded AVs that can't really be done solo by a fair number of builds. Ms. Liberty is a tough one, as is Sunstorm. Mostly because they don't follow PC rules after using Unstoppable/Light Form. They don't crash. So unless you can get past their health fast enough, they can basically perm between their tier nine and their self heals, preventing you from killing them.

The only hero AT that can't really go after an EB is the defender. They cand o weak ones, but the others just tear them up. Downgraded EBs that still have purple triangles also screw control ATs pretty hard. But that's a game balance issue that still need addressed.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #88
SuperAngelo64

I dunno, Radiation/Psi defenders can thrash some shit pretty bad.

But something like an Empathy/Bow&Arrow would get their ass handed to them.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:19 AM   #89
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

fuckin bullshit today. This weak ass dom lvl 38 in warburg actually beat me and i'm at 42 with 45 SO. Well i wouldn't say he beat me i didn't even bother but, if i had it would have prolonged the inevitable. I'm so mad at my toon right now. I'm a dm/sr stalker and really that should be alright i'm no em. I own in pve. Its just frustrating that someone I could kill easily can just dominate me and and if he misses because i have elude can simply hold/immobilize me. I hate that. Maybe dominators are so bad that they are overpowered? What do you guys think? I think my toon is beast. I dare a cat on protector to step to me.

Zechin
Old 03-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #90
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

Dominators are one of the best PvP ATs in the game. Anyone that tells you otherwise is an idiot. Very few people know how to play them properly. If you had Elude on and he was still hitting you it is because he is Mind. Psy attacks ignore positional defense. Unless you specifically have defense to psy, you get hit. Otherwise he might have had Aim active to get through it and some yellow inspirations as well. Regardless, Dominators are incredibly good in PvP. The only time you will likely kill a Dominator in PvP is when they aren't speced with PvP in mind, don't play their AT well, or you get the drop on them. My Domintor will joust scrappers with his weakest attack until he builds up domination. They just hop after me trying to get into melee range. I kill scrappers without even being touched. Never think you should be able to kill a dominator easily. If they can hit you ten times before you kill them, you're boned. That tends to be a safe assumption though, go into every fight as if you will lose. Never think of someone as an easy kill, then you start slipping up and they take advantage of it.