The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #16
Reko8

The loading times when I went from world to mission and vice versa were longer than other for some reason. Irritated me so I quit
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #17
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos
What would the fact that there are 50 levels have to do with anything, pikadeusche?

What if 50 levels ended up being EQUAL to leveling from 1-99 in your favorite RPG.

Completely hypothetical, but even if it was close, mmo's are a different beast.
i know it probably does but leveling up is FUN! I will stop playing a game if it takes to long to level up!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #18
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
What is this gradeschool?
Obviously I'm kidding, Seraph. I appreciate and understand your reasons for liking the game. I had fun with it too but it wasn't my cup of tea. Don't take everything so personally
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:19 PM   #19
Seraph
>:3

Sorry, i have a really bad cold and im quite irratible right now
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #20
Alexander
I speak with codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
Sorry, i have a really bad cold and im quite irratible right now
Don't worry about it.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #21
SoManyCHILDRENS
Captain's Wench

Go to Amazon and order it now. It's on sale for $13!
SoManyCHILDRENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:53 PM   #22
Chronos
fuggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachief
i know it probably does but leveling up is FUN! I will stop playing a game if it takes to long to level up!
you know you just contradicted yourself, right?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #23
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

PSU is an awesome game, CoX is an awesome game. I don't see where comparison comes in.

Note: If anyone has any authority on Phantasy Star Online/Universe vs City of Heroes/Villains it should be me. I'm a veteran (huge nerd) of both series.

Last edited by SuperAngelo64; 11-30-2006 at 12:10 AM.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #24
fruitsofherwomb
False Orders Begone

I own by City of X and Phantasy Star Universe (bought City of Villains and PSU on the first day of release) Both great games and I don't see why your hating eachother? More games = better time for all of us.

Wal-mart has the Good Vs Evil Pack for 29.99, Good buy, I spent 100 bucks for both.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:14 AM   #25
SuperAngelo64

Good vs Evil came out one month after my sister bought both games for 39$ each.

I had a hearty 'LAWL' at that.

The only reason I'd say to get GvE even if you plan on only playing heroes is:

- More costume pieces.
- GvE exclusives like Pocket D VIP pass Teleport card (which is kinda useless you feel like shortcutting around cities).
- Making a 'villainous' Archetype to redeem as a hero in the future (they keep pushing back the redemptions/fall-from-grace system). I.E a Heroic Brute (Think; Juggernaut going Hero).
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 AM   #26
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos
you know you just contradicted yourself, right?
when i level up OFTEN its fun, even if i hardly get and stat increases! But if it starts to take REALLY long then i'll stop playing
Old 11-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #27
Alexander
I speak with codes.

I'm upgrading my CoH account with my friend's CoV account.

Yay.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #28
Pantymon
Gotta get em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAngelo64
I.E a Heroic Brute (Think; Juggernaut going Hero).

Juggernaut's more of a Tanker gone bad. Very hard to kill, but not the biggest wrecker out there. The Hulk is the perfect example of a Brute gone good, angrier he gets the stronger he gets - same as a brute.

CoX is easily the best online rpg I've tried, and leveling up isn't such a pain if you've say, played Lineage 2 It's just fun to play, no hitting the attack button and every now and then press a button - you're in control of everything so it gets very action packed.

PvP is great fun, as long as you can accept the fact that there are just some people you're not going to beat in a fair fight based on what you/they are. I mostly play Brutes, so I'm used to being the underdog much of the time.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #29
SuperAngelo64

I might activate my account this month to appoint Xander and Childrens as heads of my Supergroup/clan if they want, I forgot I need to find someone to remain active anyhow within 3 months so my precious base doesn't get deleted!

That is IF you want to be in my clan which consists of only ME! It's modeled after a church and has won a few 'base' contests :x It's somewhat small compared to other bases since it was built, maintained and funded by only me. (note that 'small' bases in this game is pretty damn big).

The base has:

- Storage Facility (For storing Salvage and ****)

- Inspiration 'Box' ('Inspirations' are emotions that your hero/villain feels, when you activate one in battle your stats boost for a few seconds. i.e. 'Rage' = Boost Attack by 30% for 20 seconds.

- Offering Crucible (Bring a certain type of offering to the Crucible and recieve a 60 minute 'buff' depending on what you offered. i.e. 'MagiShard' = Increased Fire Resistance

- Temple (Decoration purposes only, basically just a church).

(yet to be completed)

- Crystal Room (Harness a crystal to give power/electricity to the base in order to harness at Item of Power.. yeah it's complicated)

- Teleporter (Arcane type) Room (A room to teleport to any City/Town in the game from the base.

If anyone wants to upkeep the base until I come back to this game (probably not for awhile) I'd appreciate it

Yes, I know I sound like a Real Estate agent, but I've had this Supergroup up since Aug 2004, would be a shame to see it die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantymon
. I mostly play Brutes, so I'm used to being the underdog much of the time.
Are you crazy?! Brutes THRASH PvP if they have a good comboing DPS set (i.e. SuperStrength or Dark Melee)

I have a SuperStrength/Dark Armor Brute around lvl 45ish. I remember once some Martial Arts/Super Reflexes nub tried to start **** with me in a PvP/shared City, just hammering away his kicks while I was comboing SuperStrength. My Fury bar hit 80% is about 7 seconds, lololol.. didn't end well for the guy.

Last edited by SuperAngelo64; 12-01-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #30
Pantymon
Gotta get em all

Well my sanity is and always has been questionable but having 4 brutes in the 40's I feel that it's not my inherent insanity that's the issue here. I'm not saying that Brutes will lose every fight they get into but they are against most players who have a serious desire to beat them at a disadvantage.

SS vs Super Reflexes is a bad match for the SR guy - Rage means you'll blow through all but his ultimate defense pretty readily. But, if the dude was serious about beating you or at least taking it to a tie he just has to back off, and let your fury die down to keep your damage low.

Either way, didnt mean to start an argument it's an awesome game, people will love it if they give it a chance. I think one of the best parts it's just the character creation tool. How awesome - or not (all of Alucards efforts) your character looks is mostly down to your own artistic flair and when people in game compliment you on your looks, it's nice.