The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-14-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

IE help

Recently my internet explorer stopped working. The reason why i need it to work is because there are some times that supposidly require ie for me to view and it won't let me view in firefox. But when i would open ie it wouldn't load any pages at all. I even tried downloading the latest version and still nothing, in fact now it gives me errors when i open it. And also i noticed too ever since ie stopped working that i can't watch videos on sites that use the windows media player to stream from the site. The only way i can watch it in media player streaming is if i open the stream with the media player itself instead of using the embeded one on a site. And i also have the ie tab for firefox so that if i'm viewing a page in firefox and the page needs ie to work, i just right-click and view in ie tab and it makes it as if it's using ie to view the page but even that doesn't work anymore. So any ways of fixing this without having to format? I've scanned for viruses and spyware and none of them fixed after cleaning out the spyware/adware/viruses.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
hmm odd, you might have something that your virus scanner doesn't pick up tho.

try this if you don't have norton, while it does lag your computer it does pick up more things than other scanners.

and this is free and doesn't install anything on your computer but it also doesn't delete the viruses also *cheap bastards lol* but it will tell you if you have something wrong with your computer.

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoff...onse/index.jsp

go there and click Security check on the right side of the page.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:32 AM   #3
Nindalf

hey, my ie hasn't been working either. microsoft is smoking out nintendo fans.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

For me to use the scanner i have to use internet explorer, which doesn't work right now.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

Spider always has great ideas, and they usually turn into something funny in the end.
da missinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #6
Kiryu1985
Communist

You say nothing loads when you open IE right? Just like when your Internet Connection is dead, when you get some the 404 error? If thats so I'm thinking that your proxy's are messed up, did you by any chance screw around in the Tools -> Internet options -> Connections ->Lan Settings -> Proxy Server -> advanced :

Old 10-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #7
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Nope, i haven't messed with any of ie's settings at all. I have a hunch though it has something to do with Spybot S&D becauseif i can recall it was around the time when i first scanned with it that ie screwed up, i can't remember 100% though but i'm somewhat sure that's what it's from. But i just uninstalled IE and i'm going to reinstall it to see if it works.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da missinlink
Spider always has great ideas, and they usually turn into something funny in the end.

lol shut up!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Ok, i uninstalled and reinstalled IE, and still nothing. I don't feel like formatting either. I've tried everywhere online and all of the "solutions" i found didn't help.